Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner vs Gamboa
Slumpage
post Feb 29 2012, 08:09 AM
Post #21

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,226

Broner's defence IS better than Gamboa's, I can agree with that. However as some of you guys have mentioned, we've yet to really see Broner get tested yet. Assuming my boy Gamboa deals with Rios the way I expect him to (i'm prediciting a win by stoppage for Gamboa btw), i'd love to see how Broner deals with the elite level speed, power and skills Gamboa has. Boxing definietly thrives on fights like this being made, I hope we can get it... What's Gary Russel Jr doing at the moment anyway? He's been a bit quiet...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 29 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Yeah you're right Slumpage, none of us have seen Broner truly tested, other than that De Leon fight, where De Leon seemed to leave this huge cloud of question marks about his ability to adjust and get the job done.

Imagine if he did get past Gamboa though, with no little to no trouble...then Im wondering who else out there would be able to test him. Im sure Gamboa will put in some work and make it a fight, so I wont look any further than Gamboa at the present time.

GR Jr....who knows where he is. When is the next Al Haymon night on HBO or Showtime, Im sure he'll pop up then. Maybe he'll have an opponent for the Berto/Ortiz rematch in June, as he did for the triple header that was supposed to take place this month. He may not wait that long though...

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Feb 29 2012, 10:41 AM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

I heard GR JR's name get thrown in there. If your going to throw his name in the mix, you might as well add JML as well. Assuming he gets pass Salido. In that case, I think he would punish Gamboa, and Broner would box circles around him.

+Quote Post
CDeezFoo
post Feb 29 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #24

Amateur

Member No.: 11,549

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:13 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

Im sorry, your speech is a bit groggy...you may want to try removing Floyd's testic...well, nevermind...

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 28 2012, 03:52 PM) *
BWWWAAAHHHAAAAAAA....dude you're a fuck'n fool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 09:05 PM) *
Dont pay me any attention (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

sounding like a couple of cowboys ridin horses up in the mountains....talking about sucking on balls...um yeah thats gay. and i was making a point...Kobe used to do all of MJ's moves, hand gestures and even stuck his tongue out...now this guy Broner looks like he's doing the same thing but with Floyd. my fault though..i thought this was a boxing forum...didnt know talking about a fighter would make you fantasize about suckin on some mans balls....lol fags

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 29 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Well broner said he's gonna try to land on the Khan Peterson undercard if their was enough funds left. But idk who he could match up with

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 29 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Feb 29 2012, 11:05 AM) *
sounding like a couple of cowboys ridin horses up in the mountains....talking about sucking on balls...um yeah thats gay. and i was making a point...Kobe used to do all of MJ's moves, hand gestures and even stuck his tongue out...now this guy Broner looks like he's doing the same thing but with Floyd. my fault though..i thought this was a boxing forum...didnt know talking about a fighter would make you fantasize about suckin on some mans balls....lol fags

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/ESYouMad.png)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 2 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

If Gamboa can somehow defeat Rios in their matchup, I still think that Broner will beat him and Broner is a huge mis-match for him. I think Broner's defense will prove to be the dciding factor, I believe that Gamboa could very well carry that power up a division but his own defensive lapses may prove to be his down fall in this matchup

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 2 2012, 08:22 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:58 AM