Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Profile Updates and Posting Features
Cshel86
post Mar 1 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

What's up guys! There have been several questions about how to do certain things on the board, and some of us may feel weird asking how to do them. It's cool, we've all been there. The "things" that I speak of, consist of embedding youtube videos, changing profile avatars, updating signatures, etc.

I will just give you guys the basics, and leave the questions up to you. Cool? Thought so...so here we go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ....

I will start with embedding youtube videos, since this seems to chap everybody's ass (mine included before I learned how to do it).

Video Embedding:
When Im on the board, I usually have about 4 or 5 tabs open anyway (nerd), but that's just me.

1. When you're on youtube and you see a video that you want to post...simply "right-click" the url address at the TOP of the screen, where you would usually see a url address, and click "copy" when the options open.

2. Go back to the fighthype board, as if you're getting ready to post or reply, and click the "play" button, which is two icons to the right of the "smiley face" dropbox.

3. Two brackets with the word video in them, should appear directly beside each other.

It should look like this before you post it...

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/VideoEmbeddsample.png)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 1 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Okay, so this can get real tricky, and ass-chapping...dont worry, I can help with that. NOW, before I get started, these instructions are coming from a photobucket standpoint, so if you use image shack and so forth...hopefully the directions are similar.

1. On the front page of the board, I go to the top right-hand corner, and click My Controls, which is near the New Messages link.
2. Upon entering the "welcome to your control panel" page, look the left and scroll down to "Personal Profile" and click "Edit Avatar Settings"
3. On that page, you should see "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" and a blank field next to it, this is where your image url will be pasted (REMEMBER THIS).
4. NOW, I open another tab on my browser, and go to www.photobucket.com (my preference), and type in whatever you're looking for...in the search bar to the right at the top of the page.
5. As an example, I typed in "boxing gloves" and several images came up, which looked like this:
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/PBimagesearch.png)

6. If you point your mouse at the image, a drop box will appear immediately. There are 4 fields that appear and it looks like this...
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/PBselect.png)

The only two fields that you should concern yourself with, are:

Direct Link and IMG Code

When you "click" on these fields, the word "copied" should appear.

7. Avatar update:
Refer to Step 3 (above), find an image that like on photobucket, and select DIRECT LINK. This is used for avatars ONLY. Right Click and "paste" the direct link url that you copied from photobucket in the field. It should look like this...
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/Avatarupdate.png)

8. Updating Signatures:
Refer to Steps 1 and 2, but instead of clicking "Edit Avatar Settings", click "edit Signature". Refer to Step 6 when you find an image on photobucket, but this time, you should select the last field, which is IMG Code.
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/Signatureupdate.png)
You can use these IMG Code for posting pictures on the board, and so forth. ONLY the IMG Code will work for pictures, gifs, etc. Let's make sure that the pictures, gifs, etc aren't too big, so they wont kill the page bandwith.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post May 26 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2012, 11:45 AM) *
Okay, so this can get real tricky, and ass-chapping...dont worry, I can help with that..........

Lls.....

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post May 26 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Actually, prolly a dumb question.. how can I reduce the size of my pic? I mean this thing seriously takes up page room..haha

It may very well be something I would have to try and do before I actually post it..

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: May 26 2012, 07:42 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 26 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 26 2012, 08:38 PM) *
Actually, prolly a dumb question.. how can I reduce the size of my pic... I mean this thing seriously taked up page room..haha

Not a dumb question at all. Actually, wherever you uploaded it, you can go back there and resize it. Do you have an account at the location that you uploaded it?

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post May 28 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 26 2012, 08:41 PM) *
Not a dumb question at all. Actually, wherever you uploaded it, you can go back there and resize it. Do you have an account at the location that you uploaded it?

That was a pic uploaded from my phone to photobucket. I guess Ima have to play with it a bit more and try to resize somehow..

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: May 28 2012, 01:56 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 28 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 28 2012, 02:55 PM) *
That was a pic uploaded from my phone to photobucket. I guess Ima have to play with it a bit more and try to resize somehow..

Looks like they made some updates on the site (photobucket), so this is what I got from it...

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/photobucket1.png)
Just click the edit button on your photo...

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/photobucket2.png)
Im guessing that you can adjust this bar at the top left corner. Then click save a copy (which will still keep an old copy of the pic) or save and replace. I'd go with "save a copy" just to be safe.

Hope this helps...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:34 AM