> Blood Doping, EPO and High Altitude Training, Right or Wrong
Cheesey1
post Mar 2 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 2 2012, 09:00 PM) *
Funny how its so acceptable in some sports like Body Building, I mean if your not juicing your not making top ten, am glad power lifting has started to enforce drug testing.

I prefer the taste of food to protein shakes, one of my main reasons I never got into the supplements fad.

Yup, weight lifting's/ body building's a mess.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 3 2012, 01:00 AM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Unfortunately is a major factor in all sports. I love Boxing and it's a brutal sport which makes the use of illegal substances dangerous but cheating is cheating. I'm sure that it's probably a lot of cases that we haven't heard of yet or never will for that matter, in which people are taking these illegal substances. I've never seen any justification for it even though some do try to justify it. For those who've been high school and college athletes, they teach you certain "attributes" that you could use in the game or on the field, etc LOL. In essence their teaching you how to cheat legitimately within the rules of the game, and I'm cool with that. We called them "veteran moves" in college LOL, but I'd rather get beat like that then by somebody who's doping. People like Justin Gatlin, Marion Jones, Evander Holyfield, etc...got over on using illegal substances and to me it just leaves something to the imagination about just how good they really are/were

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I just looked back at the Alexander/Matthysse fight, and according to Devon, he was doing high "aptitude" training...but does this training help when you're not your strongest at a weight that you should no longer be fighting at? Does the doping process take the edge off, in the same situation?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 7 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #24

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2012, 10:59 AM) *
I just looked back at the Alexander/Matthysse fight, and according to Devon, he was doing high "aptitude" training...but does this training help when you're not your strongest at a weight that you should no longer be fighting at? Does the doping process take the edge off, in the same situation?

I think most def it helps, especially if you're in non-optimal conditions. Remember, blood doping is the redistribution of previously extracted blood back into the body. This gives you extra oxygenated blood cells and an increase in stamina. I'm thinking, w/o this, a person who isn't at a good weight, wouldn't be able to perform as long as he could w/ this enhancement.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:17 AM