> Blood Doping, EPO and High Altitude Training, Right or Wrong
bnoles4life
post Mar 1 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2012, 07:35 PM) *
Shiiiiit, any contact sport is out of the question for me...especially the likes of football, outside of boxing and MMA. I just dont see how guys are cool with using that stuff when they're paid to beat the other guy to a stupor (if need be).

Imagine if Gatti and Ward were on the juice. We could even go as far as Vasquez/Marquez, where defense was a myth to the both of them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

I give football a pass, as that sport is absolutely brutal on the body and it would aid in recovery. Hell, if you have certain joint problems, providers often give steroid injections to promote healing. Imagine if Tyson or Holyfield was on that....wait a minute...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 1 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

tbh i didnt want to embed it, since i wanted people to watch all of them anyways, i can live with high altitude training, but high altitude chambers seem artificial.

edit:

interesting read

http://faculty.washington.edu/crowther/Mis.../altitude.shtml

This post has been edited by mgrover: Mar 1 2012, 09:16 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 1 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 1 2012, 08:12 PM) *
tbh i didnt want to embed it, since i wanted people to watch all of them anyways, i can live with high altitude training, but high altitude chambers seem artificial.

Yeah, I didn't know it was 10 fuckin' parts to this video either! I caught myself sucked into the computer screen. Im cool with the body producing things naturally as well, but Im not with the shots in the ass and so forth (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 2 2012, 09:08 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

i dont think anyone likes shots to the ass

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 2 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 1 2012, 06:43 PM) *
I give football a pass, as that sport is absolutely brutal on the body and it would aid in recovery. Hell, if you have certain joint problems, providers often give steroid injections to promote healing. Imagine if Tyson or Holyfield was on that....wait a minute...

Sorry Noles, I STILL cant give football a pass, though you are correct about certain types of steroids are legally administered for recovery and such. When I think football and steroids...the first guy that comes to mind is Bill Romanowski. That motherfucker hurt SEVERAL people (intentionally), including his own teammates at times.

I had to be reminded that Mr. Conte had a hand in that as well. Speaking of Conte, he looked funny as hell in that video clip, with that jacked up hairstyle back in the day. I think it was something close to a kentucky waterfall, but dont hold me to that.

Tyson? Holyfield? Steroids? Say it aint so. When I hear those names associated with such activity, I immediately begin to think, "Finster shaving at his age? And tattooed? And smoking a cigar?" <Bugs Bunny voice>

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 2 2012, 09:08 AM) *
i dont think anyone likes shots to the ass

If million dollar paydays are staring them in the face, then Im sure the "dislike" and "discomfort" goes away without a fight.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 2 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #16

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:16 AM) *
Sorry Noles, I STILL cant give football a pass, though you are correct about certain types of steroids are legally administered for recovery and such. When I think football and steroids...the first guy that comes to mind is Bill Romanowski. That motherfucker hurt SEVERAL people (intentionally), including his own teammates at times.

Tyson? Holyfield? Steroids? Say it aint so. When I hear those names associated with such activity, I immediately begin to think, "Finster shaving at his age? And tattooed? And smoking a cigar?" <Bugs Bunny voice>

If million dollar paydays are staring them in the face, then Im sure the "dislike" and "discomfort" goes away without a fight.

I can understand how people won't give football a pass....but I'd remind you, the football we love and adore so much, by and large, is built on the "pin". Meaning, many of those guys who run, jump and hit so hard & fast, likely are doing so b/c of some "synthetic talent". It's a conundrum, much like the Jack Nicholson's line in A Few Good Men, that speaks of those who want protection, but complain about the manner in which it's provided (paraphrasing). Again, I get it, but if there's a sport that I can understand it's usage, it's football

That comment about steroids was about Holyfield not Tyson. Do you not remember the steroid shipment that was delivered to Holyfield's house? They (Feds) tracked to how he paid for it as well (don't know if it was a credit card, check, etc.).

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Mar 2 2012, 10:55 AM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 2 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

V. interesting topic. People have been posting some interesting stuff recently.

Bnoles summed it up, I liked the testosterone comparison. I'm not surprised that Holyfield was on 'roids. Probably still is. He's another "saint" that wasn't a saint. Haha, I'm not referring to anyone in particular...

CShel "kinda reminds me of heroin.." I'm assuming that rehab went well?

Re. protein shakes, the only protein shakes that I'll drink are using 100% organic, hemp protein powder, fruit and juice.

In my very simple opinion, all PEDs are bad, only cheaters use them and there's never a time when they're acceptable (except in a medical situation).

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 2 2012, 11:40 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 2 2012, 11:50 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:35 AM) *
Bnoles summed it up, I liked the testosterone comparison. I'm not surprised that Holyfield was on 'roids. Probably still is. He's another "saint" that wasn't a saint. Haha, I'm not referring to anyone in particular...

CShel "kinda reminds me of heroin.." I'm assuming that rehab went well?

Shut up Cheesey! And dont worry about my stints in rehab sir...thats between me and my group (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Glad to see a 4th man in the circle...it was a strong 3 for a minute.

As for that Holyfield comment, absolutely correct. This dude let "God, Jesus, etc" fly out of his mouth, and people instantly got amnesia countless times, when he did wrong. Sound familar?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 2 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:50 AM) *
Shut up Cheesey! And dont worry about my stints in rehab sir...thats between me and my group (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Glad to see a 4th man in the circle...it was a strong 3 for a minute.

As for that Holyfield comment, absolutely correct. This dude let "God, Jesus, etc" fly out of his mouth, and people instantly got amnesia countless times, when he did wrong. Sound familar?

You know what they say about rehab....if at first you don't succeed...and whatever you do, don't hook up with Lindsay Lohan!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 2 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Funny how its so acceptable in some sports like Body Building, I mean if your not juicing your not making top ten, am glad power lifting has started to enforce drug testing.

I prefer the taste of food to protein shakes, one of my main reasons I never got into the supplements fad.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Mar 2 2012, 09:01 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:16 AM