Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VERNON PARIS vs Zab Judah, Is Judah going to get starched once and for all
neophyte7
post Mar 1 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

A friend of mines from Detroit called me to get ready to get tickets. He sees Vernon Paris somewhat regularly and says that the he is focused to come to Brooklyn and put Zab away. My friend went to a few of his bouts and says he is a killer in there... Anyone seen this guy fight before. Reading his interview he seems all business.. ???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 1 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 1 2012, 02:51 PM) *
A friend of mines from Detroit called me to get ready to get tickets. He sees Vernon Paris somewhat regularly and says that the he is focused to come to Brooklyn and put Zab away. My friend went to a few of his bouts and says he is a killer in there... Anyone seen this guy fight before. Reading his interview he seems all business.. ???

I saw his last fight against Tim Coleman on ESPN FNFs back in like Sept and I was very impressed with Vernon. There was a lot of bad blood between Coleman and him and it made for a very entertaining fight. I thought both guys came to fight but Vernons body punching wore Coleman down and was the main factor. Check the fight on youtube.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 1 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Impressive... I watched multiple Yutube fights of this guy-- fights off the front foot and going backwards with a pretty good defence. He is aggressive to the body and head and stalks with controlled aggression. I am not sure how he takes a shot, but his style seems all wrong for this version of Judah... The guy seems to be on par skill wise with Broner... with more of a nasty streak and bad intentions...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 1 2012, 06:22 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 1 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This is how the fight will go...Judah will screw us all by winning this one, and totally fucking up his title shot after the opening bell of that fight. Classic Judah...he's able to get to the pond, but is never able to hydrate himself.

Paris' beautful body work will be transposed or reduced to false low blow attempts to buy time. So if we dont see Judah gong for the kill after the sounding of the first bell, then expect a whooooole lot of theatrics on his part.

+Quote Post
bosco
post Mar 1 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #5

Flyweight

Member No.: 12,191

We're about to see the end of Judah. Vernon is gonna put a good beating on Judah. One thing about Vernon is he has a attitude that he's gonna whoop whoever he fights and he's gonna fight his fight so Judah is done.

This post has been edited by bosco: Mar 1 2012, 06:52 PM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 1 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

I definitely see Judah pulling something relative to the body shots he will be receiving... Paris though has some skills and is more than one dimensional, yet his comp has not been as good as even this poor version of Judah.. Judah was absolutely pathetic against Khan... he looked to be a totally shot fighter.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 1 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Yes, you can count me in the mass of people, whom Zab has let down and thoroughly disappointed. That being said, you can also put me in the group that knows Zab still has quick hands, "pop" and if you're not focused, he can "off" your "on" switch.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 1 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I grew up in NYC. i went to HS in Brooklyn. I have absolutely no idea where this stadium is. Anyone have any clue?

I dont know much about Paris so I wont pretend to have a prediction. I don't trust BK fighters tho. They historically lack discipline and poise. When the going gets tough, they exemplify the things that are wrong with Brooklyn instead of the grit and toughness it's also known for. That being said, I thought Zab being trained by Pernell was a great idea. He seemed focused and in the best shape I've ever seen him in. However, I just think it came far too late in his career. Yoel is a known hot head. This should have been done ages ago but I understand why firing your pops is a hard thing to do. It's really the problem with a lot of young, black fighters today. They feel a sense of loyalty to the person that started their career (and at times saved their life). But when the competition level increases, your training should too. If anyone has seen Yoel in the corner, they know Yoel isn't exactly an elite trainer lol. All sound effects.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 1 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 1 2012, 08:33 PM) *
I don't trust BK fighters tho. They historically lack discipline and poise. When the going gets tough, they exemplify the things that are wrong with Brooklyn instead of the grit and toughness it's also known for.

Harlem make it, Brooklyn take it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) You have to admit though, having Yoel brings comedy to the corner between rounds!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 2 2012, 08:53 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Harlem make it, Brooklyn take it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) You have to admit though, having Yoel brings comedy to the corner between rounds!

I'm a Queens guy myself but Yoel in the corner makes me angry and laugh at the same times. Dude just starts goin nuts like a chick fight on youtube. "You got hit him again and then again and then ha ha ha ha ha to the head. then boom boom boom to the body." Then, once Zab doesn't do it (probably because he has no idea wtf Yoel is talking about), he has that one wrong where he starts talking then he blocks the cameras with his back and starts whispering to Zab. Then "mysteriously" something dirty or unusual happens lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 10:56 AM