+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 3 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 3 2012, 01:19 AM) *
Are you sure.. In the fights I saw.. I saw a disciplined fighter not straying from his body assault and being able to box when he wanted??? talk to me Chitown.. Dont get me wrong Zab has been world class, but come on man, that shit against Khan was crazy.. he faked a low blow LMAO... people just dont see that!!! Zab is an official quitter dude that needs to be put out his misery.. I for one hope Paris does it. I am bias though.. I am New Yorker, yet born and raised until 17 in Detroit.... Motown Down Eastside...

If I wasn't sure of what I said I wouldn't have said it. I like Paris but you must not have been paying attention to his history of issues outside of the ring. he's switched trainers a few times and I don't see much that he can do that makes me believe he can beat Zab, outside of the body work that he did in the Coleman fight which he looked good in. I feel you on the quitting, Zab has a history of checking out sometimes but Paris is no Khan. He's never going to be a champ in my opinion. Who the f*ck can he beat in that division for a belt? I don't think he can beat Kendall Holt or that Garcia kid..or Mathysse. If he beats Zab then that's fine with me but he's not somebody who I see making Zab "check-out". If he can do that body work "consistently" against Zab then that could spell problems, but boxing abilities? I believe Zab has the edge there. Experience, fights against world-class boxers, boxing ability, and I believe Zab's boxing IQ will see him thru in this one. Detroit huh? I've been there twice. I can see why you'd be biased, Detroit blows in sports these days. Royce da 5'9 and Em is about the only thing I acknowledge Detroit on

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 3 2012, 09:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Mar 3 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #23

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Zab for some reason just seems like a fighter who can't pull the hell of a trigger that he once had. It's sad to see him this way, but then again, there was always something missing from his game, even when he was at his peak.

I expect Vernon Paris to win this fight pretty handily.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 4 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 3 2012, 10:36 PM) *
It's sad to see him this way

Im hoping that he's still fighting because he wants to compete, and not because he needs money. I pray that it's not because he needs money. Last time he fought (against Khan), he only walked away with about 500k, so I can imagine he's making less in this fight.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 4 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #25

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 3 2012, 09:33 PM) *
If I wasn't sure of what I said I wouldn't have said it. I like Paris but you must not have been paying attention to his history of issues outside of the ring. he's switched trainers a few times and I don't see much that he can do that makes me believe he can beat Zab, outside of the body work that he did in the Coleman fight which he looked good in. I feel you on the quitting, Zab has a history of checking out sometimes but Paris is no Khan. He's never going to be a champ in my opinion. Who the f*ck can he beat in that division for a belt? I don't think he can beat Kendall Holt or that Garcia kid..or Mathysse. If he beats Zab then that's fine with me but he's not somebody who I see making Zab "check-out". If he can do that body work "consistently" against Zab then that could spell problems, but boxing abilities? I believe Zab has the edge there. Experience, fights against world-class boxers, boxing ability, and I believe Zab's boxing IQ will see him thru in this one. Detroit huh? I've been there twice. I can see why you'd be biased, Detroit blows in sports these days. Royce da 5'9 and Em is about the only thing I acknowledge Detroit on

Zab is not even a good boxer any more.. he cannot pull the trigger and fights like HE IS SCARED TO GET HIT--Only edge Zab has is Pernell Whitaker... and that did not help him against Khan... he quite like a Bitch.. EMIMEN, 5"9..??? HOW OLD ARE YOU SON??? I don't listen to that subculture degenerative bullshit--- Detroit got RED WINGS!!! TIGERS!!! Justine Verlander.... Chicago got Derrik Rose.. a dumb fuck who couldn't even pass his own SAT LOL.. Lived in Chitown years back on COTTAGE GROVE ON THE SOUTHSIDE--- love the place!!! and the DETROIT LIONS ON THE RISE.. CHICAGO been dead since Jordan left!!! Derrik Rose the illiterate is CHICAGO'S SAVIOR....

I see Paris making Zab quit or do his usual bail out drama... Paris said NOTHING ABOUT BROOKLYN scares him yet he is concerned on getting the hell out of there after he knocks Zab's quitting ass out in his Hometown.. this is going to be a good one..

"Zab for some reason just seems like a fighter who can't pull the hell of a trigger that he once had. It's sad to see him this way, but then again, there was always something missing from his game, even when he was at his peak. "I expect Vernon Paris to win this fight pretty handily." (Max Payne)--- Exactly my view.. Even in his comeback win against Mabuza prior to him getting that good Whack.. He was pathetic relative to letting his hands go...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 4 2012, 11:53 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 4 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

[quote name='neophyte7' date='Mar 4 2012, 10:26 AM' post='553843']
Zab is not even a good boxer any more.. he cannot pull the trigger and fights like HE IS SCARED TO GET HIT--Only edge Zab has is Pernell Whitaker... and that did not help him against Khan... he quite like a Bitch.. EMIMEN, 5"9..??? HOW OLD ARE YOU SON??? I don't listen to that subculture degenerative bullshit--- Detroit got RED WINGS!!! TIGERS!!! Justine Verlander.... Chicago got Derrik Rose.. a dumb fuck who couldn't even pass his own SAT LOL.. Lived in Chitown years back on COTTAGE GROVE ON THE SOUTHSIDE--- love the place!!! and the DETROIT LIONS ON THE RISE.. CHICAGO been dead since Jordan left!!! Derrik Rose the illiterate is CHICAGO'S SAVIOR....

Damn you went hard on my city huh? Well f*ck you too! And I'm 28 and I love hip-hop. Don't like hockey so I don't keep up with them but the tigers are ok, lions on the come up? I highly doubt it. Across the board Chicago sports are better then Detroit's but i guess that could be a bit of bias in me too lol.I've not had the chance to live in Detroit but I wouldn't if I did, I've visited twice and it's not a place where I'd move my family too. Yeah that SAT shit was dumb, I know sh*t about Keving Garnett that's even worse then that. But at least he isn't a hot head like Paris, and I actually like Paris but he's a misdemeanor away from the pen

Ive read the interviews you speak of, he does seem to be zeroed in on this fight. But we'll just have to wait and see how he reacts to getting hit on fight night. I think we both can agree that talk means nothing, he has to prove it in the ring, and he very well could win but I don't see it because I think he's not as good as people are making him out to be. And if he does win, he won't beat Peterson or Khan, he won't be a champion any way. I don't rate Paris on the level of Zab's last 3 or 4 opponents point, blank, period. And Vernon's defense is not all that solid, he could get his ass KTFO too if he's not careful.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 4 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

And I was actually considering about going to this fight but I decided against it since I went to Alexander's fight in STL and I'm going to one in late April

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 5 2012, 12:26 AM
Post #28

Welterweight

The last I checked Chitown, the Detroit Lions made the playoffs... Chicago limped away like some bitches... Any how.. I see Zab Judah as a fighter that has had too many chances... I have a feeling Paris is going to beat the shit out of him. Judah is afraid to get hit and he relies on his one shot power which is not as dangerous as it once was, primarily because Judah is afraid to get hit.. I think the sport of boxing deserves to be rid of Judah who has done nothing with his multiple opportunities... I would like to see him brutally stopped!!!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 5 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 4 2012, 11:26 PM) *
The last I checked Chitown, the Detroit Lions made the playoffs... Chicago limped away like some bitches... Any how.. I see Zab Judah as a fighter that has had too many chances... I have a feeling Paris is going to beat the shit out of him. Judah is afraid to get hit and he relies on his one shot power which is not as dangerous as it once was, primarily because Judah is afraid to get hit.. I think the sport of boxing deserves to be rid of Judah who has done nothing with his multiple opportunities... I would like to see him brutally stopped!!!

I'll give you that, and last I checked the bulls were in the conference finals last yr while the pistons sat at home, I guess we'll agree to disagree as the sports town as I say fuck Detroit and you think otherwise. But back to this fight. I don't believe in too many chances, he's earned them and if he wins on the 24th then he'll have earned another opportunity. Paris looked great against Coleman but Judah has more skill then Coleman. If Paris were to dominate him then I could jump on the bandwagon and say he needs to retire.

But in my opinion Paris won't be the one to do it. Are you basing your argument on Judah's too many chances as you put it or do you believe that Paris is that good to beat him? Because if your basing on his opportunities then thats a f*ckin weak argument. I have no stake in who wins or loses but I think Zab pulls it off in this one. I agree with what you stated earlier in that it will be a good fight. we can debate this til we're blue in the face but I pick Zab you picked Vernon. The best fighter will win and it could be either fighter but I'm riding with Zab on this one. There's nothing I could say to you or vice versa that will change our opinions

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 5 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #30

Welterweight

Chitown.. your boy Zab is talking the usual talk... and he probably will do his usual meltdown walk once Vernon Paris starts stalking him down with those body shots... He also said he fell asleep watching tapes of Paris fight LMAO..... Seems like he may be delusionally overconfident and taking Paris lightly...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:39 PM