> Mayweather Interview on NBC
Run and Gun Game...
post Mar 4 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #41

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 195

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2012, 03:41 PM) *
The #1 guy MUST be the biggest attraction and the #2 guy MUST need him, or else, stuff like this happens. Floyd nor Manny cant EVER say that their careers would've been what they are today, had they not stepped in the ring with Oscar.

Exactly, Oscar made everyone rich

Floyd is 35, manny is 34, and manny to me is starting to show a little wear. Although this fight will still draw a massive crowd, myself included, the fight will not be what it could have been a year ago. Personally i think back to a young Tyson signing to fight holyfield, then going to jail. We never saw what could have been one of the best fights ever because of the delay. What we got instead was a flat footed stationairy tyson getting picked apart.

So even if they do fight this fall or early next year, they and taking away from what could be a fast paced explosive war.

This post has been edited by Run and Gun Game Calls: Mar 4 2012, 02:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD22
post Mar 4 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #42

Amateur

Member No.: 13,476

I found this to be a a very good interview. Floyd made a lot of proving statements and explained a lot of things. I really don't know why Pacquiao tries to use the drug testing issue as a bargaining tool. It has nothing to do with anything. Pacquiao is an athlete in a post Mark McGuire era in sports. He should take the tests just as anyone else would. The media gives him a pass for not taking the tests.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 4 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #43

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Mar 4 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Personally i think back to a young Tyson signing to fight holyfield, then going to jail. We never saw what could have been one of the best fights ever because of the delay. What we got instead was a flat footed stationairy tyson getting picked apart.

I never looked at it like that! Thats a great way of putting it...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2012, 10:37 PM) *
The answer to that question is simple...he will continue to fight guys who have no choice but to accept the money that he presents to them. Cotto's looking at somewhere around $30M...not sure he would've made that much money against anybody else.

At this point of Cotto's career, he's "supposed" to be one foot out of the game, but that much money makes anybody look like they still have something in the tank. Hell, Ortiz got about $2.5M, which is his biggest payday, so who would be crazy enough to walk away from that type of money?

I agree about the criticism that he may get for making that comment about fighting for himself, but really...hasn't criticism made his career what it is today? When people talk bad about him, and hopes that he loses..that curiosity leads to huge dividends for him.

very true. history may not be so kind to him though.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 6 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

maybe we'll remember him as being that good, but in 50 years, hell maybe even 100, the mainstream idealogy between Mayweather Pac will always take over, that it was Mayweathers fault, and that Pac is the aggressive bastard he once was would of destroyed Mayweather inside 4 rounds.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 6 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 6 2012, 02:52 PM) *
very true. history may not be so kind to him though.

Has it ever been? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) History was 2 weeks ago when Dana White and ESPN made it there business to make Floyd out to be a racist...so as you said, Im sure there's more to come.

History isn't always kind...whether it's a bad decision that you made that continues to effect you at the present time...or a bad decision that you made, and people make it their business to constantly remind you along with the rest of the world, of how bad it was.

At this point, Im sure he only cares about his future and his family, and money of course...

+Quote Post
JD22
post Mar 8 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #47

Amateur

Member No.: 13,476

This is a great interview! I find it funny that many Pacquiao fans interpret this to mean that Floyd is scared. Floyd gives up the truth, explains his position in the business side. Excellent interview.

In the meantime Roach just gave an interview that said they would have to give in on the money demand.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:28 AM