IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yuri dropping out of the rios fight???
checkleft
post Mar 5 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

They reported on boxingscene that he didn't show at his presser to announce the fight. That he was spotted in Vegas with people associated with the mayweather camp.

There have been rumors he is unhappy with the purse in the rios fight and that he might go to mayweather promotions.

When this fight was announced I was very skeptical because its two boxers that hardcore boxers really like and it would be a great matching of styles, but its a top rank fight. I figures they were trying to cash out on someone but wasn't sure. Maybe yuri is seeing what happened with mayweather after he left bob and wants some of that action

If true a broner Gamboa fight could be on the horizon especially with the publicity Floyd gave them by saying he is willing to pass the torch to either of those guys.

What are your guys thoughts
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Mar 5 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

Just because he didnt show up doesn't mean hes dropping out, its most likely just mind games

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 5 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

I never really liked the matchup. Rios is a big LW and Yuri's moving up 2 weight classes.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 5 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

From the article it sounded like he wasn't happy with the purse and they said(could be false) that there's a lot of chatter saying he doesn't want the fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 5 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Well if thats the case, then he's just gonna have to be unhappy with his purse split for this fight...because Im damn sure pumped up to see it. Spoken from the mouth of a true selfish boxing fan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Seriously though, there have been a few cases when fighters didn't show up for the press conference, so Im wondering what he reason is. I almost thought this fight was too good to be true when it was announced, and once again, this would be yet another serious mindfuck on Arum's behalf. Wouldn't be surprised though....

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 6 2012, 12:20 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Yea I had that same feeling of "too good to be true" so these rumors aren't really surprising me. Especially since its like a fantasy match up coming from arum

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 6 2012, 06:57 AM
Post #7

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Man... I was really looking forward to this fight. However if this means Gamboa escaping Top Rank and the clutches of Arum, then i'm in favour of it..

Pissed that this fight may not happen now though. Although I don't see how Gamboa can get out of it without paying Bob a sizeable amount in compensation... Floyd aint gonna pay that, lol!

+Quote Post
iKeNjiro
post Mar 6 2012, 07:29 AM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,431

Sounds like Gamboa was found chillin' and working out at Mayweather's Gym

With Oscar's announcement coming soon for you guys, it'll be interested to see what's going on

My honest take
Gamboa hanging with Floyd jr. a whole lot and then Floyd wanting to pass the torch to either Broner or Boa (Gamboa) tells me both these guys at some point will sign with Mayweather promotions....

Now Oscar's announcement mmmmmm few more hours till then
It'll be Wednesday morning for me so look forward to waking up to the news

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 6 2012, 09:24 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Abril is just another unknown, dipshit, opportunist, who's gonna get his ass kicked by Rios and nobody will remember him afterwards (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) Shit, if Gamboa wants to weasel his way out of this one, just to try and fit in with the "cool guys", then so be it.

If this is the case (him not being happy with his purse), then that's his fault. He signed the contract with TR and he should've known what he was in for. As a matter fact, screw Gamboa in the meantime, just let Rios move up to 140 and give him Alvarado or Prescott. Those fights should be easier to make anyway.

As for Gamboa, he still has some heavy lifting to do. His biggest issue at the moment is not having a big fan base. That's one of the reasons the Lopez fight didn't happen. Between Rios and Gamboa, Rios is the somewhat of the bigger draw anyhow. For Arum, if it ever came down to getting rid of either Gamboa or Rios...that would be an easy decision (Gamboa)...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 6 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Well according to the front page Gamboa is saying he never signed anything. This is starting to look exactly like the cotto mayweather situation. Gamboa wants out of top rank and instead arum is gonna make him look like a duck for not jumping two weight classes and fighting a bloated lw lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:15 PM