IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yuri dropping out of the rios fight???
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2012, 05:46 PM) *
Hahaha!!!

Gamboa cant do shit, really. He can keep up the stunts with this fight, and end up on the shelf. Of course he didn't sign the contract for the Rios fight, but the contract that he really shouldn't have signed, was the Trump Rank contact.

So, he better have a decent plan and a good way to clean up this mess he made. Seriously, people were looking forward to this fight, and for him to not show up at the presser was a bigger mess. The fact that Yuri didn't sign, and Bob went on with the press tour anyhow, just goes to show us whose really in control.

What is also uglier, is the fact that he way at Mayweather's gym training. C'mon Yuri, out of all gyms, really? The guy that people love to hate and blame for the biggest fight in history, will also be blamed for robbing us of a good fight between Rios and Gamboa...regardless of the real story (you know how the media gets with Floyd).

Hell, if he was at least training at the Wild Card gym while holding up this press tour, then that would've at least taken the edge off a bit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Being at the gym of the most hated guy in boxing and publicly say that "they're friends", is even more infuriating to the blind fans out there.

sure he can. he chose not to play the usual game and now toprank is scrambling. if anything....toprank loses in this scenario. what message gets sent to the fans and future potential toprank fighters? arum is the one looking bad in all of this. what kind of promoter promotes a fight where contracts have not even been signed yet? i'll tell u...one who is trying to stick it to his own fighter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 6 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2012, 04:46 PM) *
Hahaha!!!

Gamboa cant do shit, really. He can keep up the stunts with this fight, and end up on the shelf. Of course he didn't sign the contract for the Rios fight, but the contract that he really shouldn't have signed, was the Trump Rank contact.

So, he better have a decent plan and a good way to clean up this mess he made. Seriously, people were looking forward to this fight, and for him to not show up at the presser was a bigger mess. The fact that Yuri didn't sign, and Bob went on with the press tour anyhow, just goes to show us whose really in control.

What is also uglier, is the fact that he way at Mayweather's gym training. C'mon Yuri, out of all gyms, really? The guy that people love to hate and blame for the biggest fight in history, will also be blamed for robbing us of a good fight between Rios and Gamboa...regardless of the real story (you know how the media gets with Floyd).

Hell, if he was at least training at the Wild Card gym while holding up this press tour, then that would've at least taken the edge off a bit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Being at the gym of the most hated guy in boxing and publicly say that "they're friends", is even more infuriating to the blind fans out there.

The type of people that are going to try to blame this on Mayweather are the type of people that were going to find something to blame him for sooner, or later. Let them open their mouths and show their true colours. People like that you just can't please, so I say, to hell with them.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 6 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I just dont see how far "bucking" (refusing) will get a fighter who belongs to a promoter for a period of time. As much as I dont like Top Rank, the truth is, it's the leading promotional company in the sport.

If he doesn't sign for this fight (as he's already shown us), then he will have to sign for something else, if he ever gets another fight of any worth. If he refuses to do any of the above, then let litigation begin...

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 6 2012, 05:58 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2012, 05:33 PM) *
I just dont see how far "bucking" (refusing) will get a fighter who belongs to a promoter for a period of time. As much as I dont like Top Rank, the truth is, it's the leading promotional company in the sport.

If he doesn't sign for this fight (as he's already shown us), then he will have to sign for something else, if he ever gets another fight of any worth. If he refuses to do any of the above, then let litigation begin...

Cuban David vs. Non-Cuban Goliath. Maybe the Saint will agree to pray with me on behalf of the Cuban David....ehrm maybe not, the Bobfather would surely strike him down for such blashpemy.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 6 2012, 05:59 PM

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 6 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #25

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

anyone thinkin the whole pre-fight debacle is going to end up a court matter? judging by TR's president remarking that there is a binding document and Gamboa's assertion that no contract was made...seems like it is heading that direction to me.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 6 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #26

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2012, 06:33 PM) *

CUE Al Haymon <------those that do not know history are doomed to repeat it. Sounds pretty familiar doesn't it? Best believe Bob knows what's up.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 6 2012, 11:29 PM) *
CUE Al Haymon <------those that do not know history are doomed to repeat it. Sounds pretty familiar doesn't it? Best believe Bob knows what's up.

Exactly...

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 7 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #28

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Seems to me like Gamboa is still intending to fight Rios, I mean why go to Vegas and train if you're not intending to fight? I know people are speculating about the Mayweather/Haymon link, but fact is he did do a gym session and at least appears to still be in preperation for the April bout. If what he says about not having a fight contract signed is true, well then he "should" have Arum over a barrel in some sense. Seems to me like his Lawyer believes this to be the case. If Top Rank have all gone and started promoting the bout, spent money etc, then I assume HBO and the various sponsors are expecting to get the headliner they were promised. So if Gamboa isn't happy with the offer he can refuse it (he def has that right). That leaves Arum to either offer more money or maybe renegotiate Gamboa's TR contract giving him what he wants (a release by the sounds of it) to try and get the fight signed off. However the presence of some guy called Abril at the 2nd presser, who then got into a brawl with Rios (which btw SMACKS of staged drama) to set up a plan B if Gamboa continues to play hardball was ominous...

As i said earlier (maybe in another thread) I am not happy that this fight may not happen, was really looking forward to it. However after reading the various articles regarding Arum/Top Rank and the contract situations involving guys like Manny and Pavlik on this site and others, I can understand Gamboa tryna escape. I mean its not like it aint in his nature to try and escape an oppressive regime that stifles your money making potential, lol!

That said, he better be careful, we all saw what happened to Donaire, and more tellingly, Clottey when they crossed Arum...

This post has been edited by Slumpage: Mar 7 2012, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Mar 7 2012, 11:35 AM) *
Seems to me like Gamboa is still intending to fight Rios, I mean why go to Vegas and train if you're not intending to fight?

Good question!

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Mar 7 2012, 11:35 AM) *
That leaves Arum to either offer more money or maybe renegotiate Gamboa's TR contract giving him what he wants (a release by the sounds of it) to try and get the fight signed off.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

No, no, no...when dealing with Arum...there's no release, with repercussions. Most of all, there's no celebration, without litigation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 7 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #30

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2012, 11:49 AM) *
Good question!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

No, no, no...when dealing with Arum...there's no release, with repercussions. Most of all, there's no celebration, without litigation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

True that... Only way you escape Arum is to buy yourself out like Oscar and Floyd did. So unless Gamboa got someone fronting up the money for him, I doubt he can. Donaire damn sure couldn't, and I think he definitely looked into it. Maybe that's why Gamboa decided to hit up Floyd, see if he can get something done, sign to Mayweather promotions if they cover his release fee? I dunno, speculating here man, will keep my eyes peeled for any scrap of info...

Was interesting to read that Gamboa is unhappy with that Oner dude too tho, wasn't that the guy who helped get him out of Cuba?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2014 - 11:24 PM