Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 7 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

^^ and he can take a good shot, I've seen him get into some slug fests. And one of the only guys other than rjj triple and quadruple up his left hook with great speed and ease.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 7 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #13

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Shimmell won 6 national golden glove tournament in the hw division, he is probably going to take this years too. He is planning on turning Professional after the tournament and will not be going to the Olympics. He is 22 years old. Definitely potential there but who knows.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 7 2012, 04:14 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2012, 06:54 PM) *
u guys have some good fighters in the amateurs. the european style is very well suited for the olympics.

i know, but from what i've heard about boxing in the olympic teams, its very robotic, always behind the jabs etc etc, yes it is boxing, they don't like to see anything flashy. I went down to my old gym today, sparred with a few people after month of being out of training, instantly out of breath, but nothing a jab and move can't fix, but the last guy I got in with handed me my ass, he was fast, smart and cocky, I mean his hands were down so much and I still had trouble hitting him lol maybe it wasn't a smart idea trying to do the same. so I ask the coach who he was, turns out he was double national champ lol never asked his name, all I know is he fights at 65kg.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Mar 7 2012, 04:15 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 7 2012, 05:14 PM) *
i know, but from what i've heard about boxing in the olympic teams, its very robotic, always behind the jabs etc etc, yes it is boxing, they don't like to see anything flashy. I went down to my old gym today, sparred with a few people after month of being out of training, instantly out of breath, but nothing a jab and move can't fix, but the last guy I got in with handed me my ass, he was fast, smart and cocky, I mean his hands were down so much and I still had trouble hitting him lol maybe it wasn't a smart idea trying to do the same. so I ask the coach who he was, turns out he was double national champ lol never asked his name, all I know is he fights at 65kg.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that'll teach u. i stopped jumping in the ring with guys i don't know a loooong time ago.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 8 2012, 08:41 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

maybe one day ill learn, am tempted to get fit again and try again

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 8 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 8 2012, 09:41 AM) *
maybe one day ill learn, am tempted to get fit again and try again

i used to fight in the amateurs. a bad shoulder cut my career short. i spar every once in a great while. i actually just purchased a new headgear to start getting in with the young bucks again. let's see how that works out.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 8 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 8 2012, 06:47 PM) *
i used to fight in the amateurs. a bad shoulder cut my career short. i spar every once in a great while. i actually just purchased a new headgear to start getting in with the young bucks again. let's see how that works out.

same reason I stopped. its funny how you get in there, and there all stupidly fast, but after a month or two everything seems to slow down.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 8 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I go to a few amateur fights a year and I remember seein these two teenage brothers. I think they were from the eastern part of my state of Georgia. Maybe Aiken or somewhere. They were probably hovering around middleweight. They stuck out because they were two of the few white kids in the tourney. They stuck out like a sore thumb. I made sure I went over and shook their hands and gave them some positive encouragement. i really like what I saw from these two kids. They were really good. They were knocking the shit out of guys and just walking through shots. They dominated anyone they were in the ring with. My friend is one of the major players in the tourney and he usually invites me when this tourney comes around because it is so big. I'll be on the lookout for these guys again because they were so good. I'll try to get a name so you guys can folow them too. They were exciting to watch.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:23 AM