IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bute vs. Froch - kind of got lost in the mix, 12th of May- May's going to be a great month!
Cheesey1
post Mar 6 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Bute and Froch are going to clash! The announcement was a week, or two ago. May's going to be a beyond solid month of pugilistic pandemonium!! I pick Bute, but maybe Froch will surprise me.

Who do you have?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 6 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 6 2012, 03:15 PM) *
Bute and Froch are going to clash! The announcement was a week, or two ago. May's going to be a beyond solid month of pugilistic pandemonium!! I pick Bute, but maybe Froch will surprise me.

Who do you have?

Its hard to say! I have only seen Bute fight once so I'm staying out of this. But I can make this prediction judging what I know about Bute and what I've seen from Froch: It could go back and forth throughout the night depending on who is landing their jab consistently. I forget how Froch got in this before Ward did...did Ward opt to take other challengers before a Bute fight?

Yer right though, May is gonna be great! The next handfull of months is lookin stacked in general!

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Mar 6 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

I think Bootay (Bute) will win a close UD. He is quicker and hits harder than Froggy (Froch). Froggy will have to make it a slug fest to test Bootay's suspect chin and stamina. Skill wise, Bootay seems to have the edge, but that has come vs questionable, no, crappy competition. Bootay has yet to fight a top boxer but Froggy has fought the best at 168. Since I dont like Bootay because of the way he is protected, so Im going for Froggy. BUT, I'd like to see Bootay vs Ward tho so my better half is going for Bootay.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 6 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Agreed with both of your comments, but now that I think about it, maybe Froch is good enough technically (decent jab), IMO he also improved throughout the tournament and has the toughness. As long as he doesn't walk into one of Bute's uppercuts, I now really like his chances of getting the decision.

As far as why Ward vs. Bute isn't happening, I obviously wasn't there, but my guess is that Bute came to the table with an offer that was better financially for him and Ward being the superstar in the division, rightfully said "no thanks."

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 6 2012, 04:26 PM

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 6 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

Froch.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 6 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im going for Froch in this one...off the strength of two factors. For one, Froch has been only been dropped by Taylor (that I know of), simply outpointed by Kessler, and outboxed/outworked by the best fighter at 168.

Now that's not bad, especially since he's been TESTED in the ring, by fighting guys like Taylor, Kessler, Dirrell, G. Johnson (ughhh), Abraham, Ward, and Pascal's beefcake lookin' ass.

Bute on the other hand...well, what has he done? What's his claim to fame? Fighting an old Joppy? Brinkley from the contender? Numerous tomato cans? Maybe the Miranda fight will cover his record wounds. Maybe a little friendly fire with Glenn Johnson after everybody had their turn with him? Ohhh shit....let's not forget about how Mr. Librado Andrade left Bute with the "bambi legs" and got saved by the ref (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I will give this one to Froch. He's felt punches from better fighters than Bute...he's just a bit slicker with his shit. Really, it's easy to look slick and precise when you're constantly sharing the ring with washed up fighters, sparring partners, and tomato cans. We will have to see how he fairs against a savvy ring bully...

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 6 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Cool. Damn, May is going to be sweet!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i'm leaning towards bute on this one. he has the better feet and seems to be a pretty decent puncher. he may even beat froch in a more convincing fashion (i thought ward pretty much shut him out) than ward. i'm looking forward to this one. this year is really shaping up to be a good one.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 6 2012, 07:59 PM) *
he may even beat froch in a more convincing fashion (i thought ward pretty much shut him out) than ward. i'm looking forward to this one. this year is really shaping up to be a good one.

Even if he does, he STILL cant get away from a Ward fight...which he has been doing a good job of.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 04:56 AM