IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> According to Roach, Manny is Running Out of Opponents. Same for Mayweather?
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Mar 9 2012, 07:07 PM) *
Fuck Pacquiao it's about time Floyd laid out his idea in fighting Sergio after his fight with Mosley.

Did he recently say this? Im asking because I dont remember him saying it in the past, and I haven't watched all of the recent presser videos.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 9 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #42

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Mar 9 2012, 08:07 PM) *
Fuck Pacquiao it's about time Floyd laid out his idea in fighting Sergio after his fight with Mosley. After Cotto, Mayweather should fight Segio in September. Martinez is the king at Middleweight/Junior Middleweight.

The only thing Floyd is fighting in Sept, is boredom. He's likely still in the poke or recently freed.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 9 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #43

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 9 2012, 07:57 PM) *
The only thing Floyd is fighting in Sept, is boredom. He's likely still in the poke or recently freed.

What are you talking about? The man will get an early release for good behavior and will be out by early June which gives enough time for him to be ready for a September fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 10 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I think Manny is running out of opponents, and I believe this because the public perception of him in his last 3 fights has definitely made him feel the pressure. Especially since he's looked less then stellar in those bouts. But I can see where Roach is coming from about Floyd as well. While it's true that Floyd can sell with anyone, those "anyone" fighters have to be in somewhat of a compelling fight to make it worth the while, i.e. as Ortiz did in his FOTY worthy performance against Berto. When you couple that with demand for Manny and Floyd to face each other, it's just a matter of time before fans begin to shun the both of them. I personally believe now more then ever that the fight will never happen and I've stopped caring a long time ago. Manny talks as if he's got 1 foot out the door already, and I'd like to see Floyd fight 2-3 more times then call it a career. I hope he retires mid or the end of 2013.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:27 AM