IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roach on Mayweaher: After Boxing, He Has Nothing, and Manny Has Everything.
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11950.html

According to Roach, the day that Mayweather and Pacquiao spoke (via phone) about the fight...he stated that Mayweather told him, "Manny, after boxing, I have nothing and you have everything".

Interesting...

Thoughts?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 9 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

I'm skeptical. I doubt anyone can relay that conversation verbatim and the few that can has serious bias to consider

+Quote Post
CauzinRuckus
post Mar 9 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 13,566

[size="4"]Some bullshit roach is a joke . he was just talking bout how they might have to give in to mayweathers demands , but i'm sure uncle bob is gonna have that fixed. Floyd will be apart of boxing making money. i mean damn he does have his own promotion, they aint got dat. they say the dumbest shit while they are being exposed

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 9 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

I call bullshit on Roach. Roach is a worse flip flopper than Mitt Romney. He said Mayweather offered him 400,000K! It is crap. He just needs to stop talking. First he said Bradley wasn't a challenge now all of the sudden he is a threat. Then he said that after their fight they may have to take less! Sush!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 9 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

either way you see it he has a point, yes he is talking some bullshit, but I wonder how it Mayweather will take retirement, it was obvious he couldn't stay away from boxing and craved the attention, will he ever truly retire? I mean his skills will allow him to fight into his later years I think since he doesn't really get into wars, while MP has the whole being a congress blah blah blah after boxing. But it also would seem like bullshit cause that almost sounds like sincerity and when the hells Mayweather ever been sincere, seems like a plea.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 9 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Did roach have a few drinks at that restaurant? I think both of these guys will have to manage their money after boxing to survive.

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Mar 9 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

LOL I really doubt Mayweather would EVEN say that to Pacquiao over the phone LOL. Plus if it was true, you can bet your ass Pacquiao would spill the rice to Filipino reporters. Once again, Roach your bullshitting...

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 9 2012, 11:37 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 9 2012, 10:31 PM) *
I call bullshit on Roach. Roach is a worse flip flopper than Mitt Romney. He said Mayweather offered him 400,000K! It is crap. He just needs to stop talking. First he said Bradley wasn't a challenge now all of the sudden he is a threat. Then he said that after their fight they may have to take less! Sush!

i thought it was 40 million?

wasn't that confirmed from both sides?

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: Mar 10 2012, 01:37 AM

+Quote Post
Archimedes
post Mar 10 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 13,487

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2012, 06:08 PM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11950.html

According to Roach, the day that Mayweather and Pacquiao spoke (via phone) about the fight...he stated that Mayweather told him, "Manny, after boxing, I have nothing and you have everything".

Interesting...

Thoughts?

Hmmmmm, the first thing I thought when I read this was "damage control." A statement like this completely lacks authenticity because we all know Floyd Mayweather and are intimately familiar with his ego. I couldn't imagine a scenario like Roach's even if were high. But in the end, as smokes screens go this one seems pretty desperate. We have in a statement a docile kind of contriteness the Anti-Mayweather camp has wanted in the form of a beating. It almost seems like a pathetic attempt to appease Pacquiao’s mod of mindless followers that when they talked Floyd was humble and respectful to your god. To me, this smacks of naked acceptance that a segment of Pacquiao's following has little connection to reality.

The pertinent question should be to the average observer, does Roach's scenario seem plausible?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 10 2012, 02:42 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Roach is/has always been full of shit. Honestly the most overrated trainer of my lifetime. He says shit like manny and mayweathers best challenging is Khan when Khan is barely surviving and literally running from guys like maidana and Peterson. He's flipped his script so many times

But honestly I can't see either fighter staying out of trouble after their boxing careers. Mayweather could be a trainer like his father and uncles, god knows he was the intelligence and gifts for it so he could settle down. And for some reason I see manny getting into some governors Arnold type scandals or probably worse. The only diff is mayweathers will be amplified and mannys swept under the rug as long as its possible.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:56 PM