IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT):Salido vs. Lopez II-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later, Topics Merged
Franchize
post Mar 12 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #91

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I hope I didn't kill anyone's buzz with my recap/opinion of the fight.

One thing I will say. Lopez went from promising star in the making to Paul Williams (getting hit with the same looping punch over and over) in one fight. Salido must be Lara's play cousin (black folks know what I mean by play cousin lol)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 12 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #92

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 11 2012, 12:59 AM) *
Those scorecards are beyond disgraceful. What the fuck kind of shit are they smoking?

that dank patriot purp lol

one round I gave to Lopez. that was the knockdown. I was surprised Lopez made it as long as he did. his chin was getting bounced around as early as the second round. it just seemed like Lopez couldn't get his body out of fear mode. none of his punches had that zing we've seen in his past.

Salido saved us and himself from a robbery. I hope Lamont Peterson can do the same

+Quote Post
glennhallet
post Mar 12 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #93

Amateur

Member No.: 10,592

After watching three less than stellar fights on Showtime Saturday night, we were treated to an action packed main event between Orlando Salido and Juan Manuel Lopez.

Salido was out to prove that his 8th round TKO victory over Lopez last April was no fluke. Mission accomplished.

The good: Fans were able to witness a highly entertaining slugfest that featured both men hurt during the fight. During one point late in round 5 Salido was domininating the action

Continue reading on Examiner.com Salido-Lopez showcase the good and bad in boxing - Norfolk Boxing | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-norfolk/...g#ixzz1owqj7x00

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 12 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #94

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I agree with that article 100% there was no controversy with that stoppage. That fight reminds me of cotto vs marg 1

This post has been edited by BigFightFan: Mar 12 2012, 11:11 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 13 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #95

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Word is Lopez got suspended a year for his rant at the end of the fight. I think that's ridiculous, especially when Antonio "Resto" Magarito is still fighting.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 06:50 AM