IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT):Salido vs. Lopez II-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later, Topics Merged
Cheesey1
post Mar 10 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2012, 11:56 PM) *
He's still dazed and confused...dont mind him...

Ha!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Mar 10 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #62

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 10 2012, 11:55 PM) *
I'd watch a third one and I think that Lopez could do something, but he'd have to stick to the boxing and leave the slugging for Salido.

Haha, what the hell are these accusations of gambling by Lopez?!?

Juan is a dumbass....one thing I love about guys like Floyd and Roy Jones in his prime....the BANKED rounds...they fought strategic and conserved energy so even if they felt the other guy tried to push they pushed HARDER...NOT fight the other guys gameplan.

Juan needs to understand he is NOT trinidad and he does NOT have that eraser punching POWER to end a fight through attrition.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Mar 10 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #63

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Those scorecards are beyond disgraceful. What the fuck kind of shit are they smoking?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2012, 12:00 AM
Post #64

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 10 2012, 11:57 PM) *
Haha, what's up with the scorecards?

They're drinkin' Captain Morgan's like good ol' CShel here...

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 10 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Juan is a dumbass...

Nuff said...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #65

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 10 2012, 11:59 PM) *
What the fuck kind of shit are they smoking?

They bought it from me...difference is, Im not scoring fights, so it's no big deal on my end...

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Mar 11 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #66

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2012, 12:01 AM) *
They bought it from me...difference is, Im not scoring fights, so it's no big deal on my end...

Exactly! It's so clear that Arum was trying to pay off the judges to try and get JuanMa the belts back...too bad Solido had other plans. I can't believe I was cheering for a dude who's been juicing in the past, but anything to see Top Rank's plans get foiled.

I guess they're going to match up Mikey Garcia with Solido. Seems like that's a fight Garcia can and should win.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 11 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #67

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 10 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Juan is a dumbass....one thing I love about guys like Floyd and Roy Jones in his prime....the BANKED rounds...they fought strategic and conserved energy so even if they felt the other guy tried to push they pushed HARDER...NOT fight the other guys gameplan.

Juan needs to understand he is NOT trinidad and he does NOT have that eraser punching POWER to end a fight through attrition.

Agreed.

I haven't followed Lopez' career, but I wonder if this false sense of bad-assness is the result of cushy match making.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #68

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Did anybody see how Juanma's neck shifted side-to-side when he hit the canvas? That shit was ugly! Honestly, I would much rather Lopez have lost this fight by a close decision, rather than a TKO. There's no way around a KO/TKO in a rematch when you already lost the first fight.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 11 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #69

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 11 2012, 12:06 AM) *
Exactly! It's so clear that Arum was trying to pay off the judges to try and get JuanMa the belts back...too bad Solido had other plans. I can't believe I was cheering for a dude who's been juicing in the past, but anything to see Top Rank's plans get foiled.

I guess they're going to match up Mikey Garcia with Solido. Seems like that's a fight Garcia can and should win.

Yeah, Garcia could look really good in that one. Salido won't go out like a punk though, unless Garcia catches him with a few wicked counters and then boom-shalak-lak boom, there goes the right.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 11 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #70

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

The casual fan in me liked this war. However, the true boxing fan, which I've become more and more of over the last couple of years, was somewhat disappointed. I hate to be negative. I know this was a war and will probably go down as a classic. However, I think I became somewhat exhausted with the spanish warriors for a split second. This fight was a dubious example of what's wrong with fighters today. The reason guys undefeated records are always so vulnerable. Boxers DO NOT display any type of defense anymore. It's terrible. I know defense doesn't really sell tickets but for boxing fans like myself, I like to see skill mixed in with my wars. There was very little skill involved in this fight. I take nothing away from Salido. He's an absolute warrior with "nuts and guts" as Gus Johnson likes to say. Juanma has amazin courage too. However, Salido wasn't doing anything special or tricky. Both guys were just winging punches. Salido's were actually wilder than Juanma's. The difference in the fight came in who could take the better punch and who's stamina was greater. While it's intriguing to see that battle of will take place. I can't continue to get equally excited over it. I've seen this movie before. This WAS NOT Castillo vs Corrales. This was not Pacquiao vs Marquez. They had skill mixed in with their wars. This was a bar fight.

p.s. That crowd was Amazing!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:48 PM