IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT):Salido vs. Lopez II-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later, Topics Merged
Cheesey1
post Mar 11 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2012, 12:08 AM) *
Did anybody see how Juanma's neck shifted side-to-side when he hit the canvas? That shit was ugly! Honestly, I would much rather Lopez have lost this fight by a close decision, rather than a TKO. There's no way around a KO/TKO in a rematch when you already lost the first fight.

Yup, it was a brutal knockdown, but one that Lopez could've avoided.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 11 2012, 12:11 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #72

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 11 2012, 12:06 AM) *
Exactly! It's so clear that Arum was trying to pay off the judges to try and get JuanMa the belts back...too bad Solido had other plans. I can't believe I was cheering for a dude who's been juicing in the past, but anything to see Top Rank's plans get foiled.

I guess they're going to match up Mikey Garcia with Solido. Seems like that's a fight Garcia can and should win.

Tell me about it! I only had Lopez winning about 3 rounds and a possible, but that's it. He was getting hit waaaay too often, with the same punches from the first fight. All of those dumb faces that he was making and all of those "riding of the bicycle" moments, didn't cover it for him.

Garcia may not be ready for a Mexican with 11-12 losses and a new reputation as a solid champion. If Garcia doesn't give it 'em early, then he may very well be in waters that he cant swim in.

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Mar 11 2012, 12:18 AM
Post #73

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 11 2012, 12:07 AM) *
Agreed.

I haven't followed Lopez' career, but I wonder if this false sense of bad-assness is the result of cushy match making.

Right ..there is a difference in knowing you can dig deep vs being told you are tought. If I'd fought salido twice I'd know where I stood..I'd know he is going the mile, he wil be there in the end, he is wanting to counter etc..that being said i'd make him pay, I'd mix in some boxing, confuse him, drop some speed counters on him to confuse him, movement, punish him.

the corner of JuanMan did a terrible job. He is not an eraser type puncher as Tito at all imo. Box him and finish him late off him getting un discipline.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2012, 12:20 AM
Post #74

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 11 2012, 12:09 AM) *
The casual fan in me liked this war. However, the true boxing fan, which I've become more and more of over the last couple of years, was somewhat disappointed. I hate to be negative. I know this was a war and will probably go down as a classic. However, I think I became somewhat exhausted with the spanish warriors for a split second. This fight was a dubious example of what's wrong with fighters today. The reason guys undefeated records are always so vulnerable. Boxers DO NOT display any type of defense anymore. It's terrible. I know defense doesn't really sell tickets but for boxing fans like myself, I like to see skill mixed in with my wars. There was very little skill involved in this fight. I take nothing away from Salido. He's an absolute warrior with "nuts and guts" as Gus Johnson likes to say. Juanma has amazin courage too. However, Salido wasn't doing anything special or tricky. Both guys were just winging punches. Salido's were actually wilder than Juanma's. The difference in the fight came in who could take the better punch and who's stamina was greater. While it's intriguing to see that battle of will take place. I can't continue to get equally excited over it. I've seen this movie before. This WAS NOT Castillo vs Corrales. This was not Pacquiao vs Marquez. They had skill mixed in with their wars. This was a bar fight.

p.s. That crowd was Amazing!

I hardly disagree with your posts Franchize, and I wont right now. This was our a slight glimpse of Castillo/Corrales, except the Mex/PR rivalry was involved.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 11 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 11 2012, 12:09 AM) *
The casual fan in me liked this war. However, the true boxing fan, which I've become more and more of over the last couple of years, was somewhat disappointed. I hate to be negative. I know this was a war and will probably go down as a classic. However, I think I became somewhat exhausted with the spanish warriors for a split second. This fight was a dubious example of what's wrong with fighters today. The reason guys undefeated records are always so vulnerable. Boxers DO NOT display any type of defense anymore. It's terrible. I know defense doesn't really sell tickets but for boxing fans like myself, I like to see skill mixed in with my wars. There was very little skill involved in this fight. I take nothing away from Salido. He's an absolute warrior with "nuts and guts" as Gus Johnson likes to say. Juanma has amazin courage too. However, Salido wasn't doing anything special or tricky. Both guys were just winging punches. Salido's were actually wilder than Juanma's. The difference in the fight came in who could take the better punch and who's stamina was greater. While it's intriguing to see that battle of will take place. I can't continue to get equally excited over it. I've seen this movie before. This WAS NOT Castillo vs Corrales. This was not Pacquiao vs Marquez. They had skill mixed in with their wars. This was a bar fight.

p.s. That crowd was Amazing!

I generally agree. I wouldn't call it a simple bar fight, but apart from the choice of words, I agree.

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Mar 11 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #76

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

dude got stopped in his hometown twice.

will he recover?

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 11 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #77

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

nuts and guts baby

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2012, 12:42 AM
Post #78

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 11 2012, 12:33 AM) *
dude got stopped in his hometown twice.

will he recover?

He's got some heavy lifting to do...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 11 2012, 01:12 AM
Post #79

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Found my round of the year. Incredible fight

What a monster right hook that started that kd, huge shot.

But all the respect I gained through the fight for lopez I lost in the interview. I honestly hope that was the punch still talking.

Btw horrendous scorecard not even the draw on that one card was good. That's six judges already this year that should never score a fight again for life (campillo fight). The way his year is starting if Bradley is gonna need nothing less then a ko to win.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 11 2012, 04:06 AM
Post #80

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I only gave Lopez three rounds. Very good fight. A little too arm weary for both to be great, However, it was great the way Lopez kept coming and Solido too! I think I would have it a point or two closer than Giampa had it.

Jack

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:29 AM