> Manny Pacquiao: Dodging Taxes and Hiding Fugitives
MaxPayne
post Mar 13 2012, 08:57 AM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Political Fugitive Being Hidden By Manny Pacquiao

Interesting stuff from the Fighting Pride of the Philippines. Share your thoughts people.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 13 2012, 09:08 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Shit...looks like some good 24/7 material right here. Oh my bad, they dont put his fuck-ups out there for the world to see.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 13 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

The saint is suing the Philippino reporter who originally broke this story for libel. He basically wants to bankrupt the journalist, he's suing for 75MM Philipinne Pesos, which is about $1.75MM. God would be proud. I had put the link re. the libel lawsuit in the Saintly Tax Reminder thread

Haha, the saint is such a fraud it's genuinely hilarious.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 13 2012, 10:02 AM

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 13 2012, 10:10 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 13 2012, 10:01 AM) *
The saint is suing the Philippino reporter who originally broke this story for libel. He basically wants to bankrupt the journalist, he's suing for 75MM Philipinne Pesos, which is about $1.75MM. God would be proud. I had put the link re. the libel lawsuit in the Saintly Tax Reminder thread

Haha, the saint is such a fraud it's genuinely hilarious.

It doesn't matter, Mayweather beats women and he hangs out with 50 cents plus he is a racist. Did I mention he beats women and he is going to jail?

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Mar 13 2012, 10:47 AM
Post #5

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:10 AM) *
It doesn't matter, Mayweather beats women and he hangs out with 50 cents plus he is a racist. Did I mention he beats women and he is going to jail?

First of all, it's 50 Cent.

Second of all, yes, his words can be construed to be racist, if you're that inclined. Personally, he's a boxer who gets punched in the face for a living, not a politician. Also, a lot of his statements are specifically tinted to drum up hype/hate/whatever for PPV sales. Seems like it's working every time.

Thirdly, yes, he has a history of getting into altercations with women, although I never recall seeing a medical examiner's report that actually definitively comes to the conclusion that the alleged victim was actually beaten. Josie Harris has withdrawn charges in the past and cannot be seen as a reliable witness capable of giving a reliable testimony. Had that case gone to court, she would have been cross-examined to hell by the defense attorneys, and made to look like a dumbass.

But it is what it is, Floyd put himself in a compromising situation. He's going to jail for his indiscretions, as you've pointed out. No one has a problem with "justice" not being served.

In Pacquiao's case ? Whole different ball game. His gambling, womanizing and indiscretions all routinely get swept under the rug, because a clean-cut image of perfection for the Pacman is the only image that is profitable for the powers that be. That's the truth.

For all we know, Pacquiao has slapped a bitch or 2 in his day. It's basically known fact that he womanizes as much as Floyd ever has (if not even more). He gambles, just like Floyd does. Floyd is just completely open about it.

People need to wake up and realize that Pacquiao has his vices, and in the cases of evading taxes and harboring fugitives, they're pretty massive vices.

+Quote Post
CauzinRuckus
post Mar 13 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 13,566

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 13 2012, 10:47 AM) *
First of all, it's 50 Cent.

Second of all, yes, his words can be construed to be racist, if you're that inclined. Personally, he's a boxer who gets punched in the face for a living, not a politician. Also, a lot of his statements are specifically tinted to drum up hype/hate/whatever for PPV sales. Seems like it's working every time.

Thirdly, yes, he has a history of getting into altercations with women, although I never recall seeing a medical examiner's report that actually definitively comes to the conclusion that the alleged victim was actually beaten. Josie Harris has withdrawn charges in the past and cannot be seen as a reliable witness capable of giving a reliable testimony. Had that case gone to court, she would have been cross-examined to hell by the defense attorneys, and made to look like a dumbass.

But it is what it is, Floyd put himself in a compromising situation. He's going to jail for his indiscretions, as you've pointed out. No one has a problem with "justice" not being served.

In Pacquiao's case ? Whole different ball game. His gambling, womanizing and indiscretions all routinely get swept under the rug, because a clean-cut image of perfection for the Pacman is the only image that is profitable for the powers that be. That's the truth.

For all we know, Pacquiao has slapped a bitch or 2 in his day. It's basically known fact that he womanizes as much as Floyd ever has (if not even more). He gambles, just like Floyd does. Floyd is just completely open about it.

People need to wake up and realize that Pacquiao has his vices, and in the cases of evading taxes and harboring fugitives, they're pretty massive vices.

Lol manny smacking a bitch or 2 in his day lmao that was great . But very well put i agree

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 13 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:10 AM) *

Not sure if that was sarcasm, but I'm going to assume that it isn't (if it was sarcastic, sorry, my fault).

MaxPayne's response sums up exactly what I would've said. All I'm adding is this:

I don't buy the racism thing. It was an unnecessary comment by Mayweather, but calling it racist is, IMO, blatantly wrong. I haven't been fixating on what he said, but from what I've read, his comment was about the double standard applied when it comes to acknowledging the achievements of African American athletes.
There's a long history in American sports of glorifying something that's accomplished by a non-black athlete, when African-American athletes have achieved similar feats and continue to achieve similar feats, yet their achievements don't get mentioned (the European sports world too - just look at how some people are saying that Lionel Messi's the best footballer ever and somehow hasn't come close to winning a World Cup, yet Pele won at least one -possibly two- by the time that he had turned however old Messi is now). Mayweather just used Lin as an example of that double standard. I don't recall him saying anything that insulted Lin because of his race. I also find it funny how angry Philippinos are over this nonsense when they are discriminated against by white people and other Asians, such as the Japanese, Chinese etc. I guess that since we're supposedly the lowest on the totem pole, how dare we even bring up the topic of race? Damned black people, forgetting your place in the world.

Re. 'beating women.," as MaxPayne said, he should've known better. Any man that hits a woman is a fool and possibly a criminal (except for my man in the McDonalds on West 3rd. Good for him. Those women are lucky that I wasn't behind the counter). I don't know her, but since we're judging people, I'm calling her a chicken head and I want to see what injuries she sustained and since I'm making wishes here, I'd like an honest recounting of what she did. I highly doubt that she was just sitting there innocently.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 13 2012, 06:15 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 13 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

...and Allmenjoi strikes again with her "witty" logic and blatant disinterest in the actual topic. Go figure... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
ks1
post Mar 13 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #9

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,051

I think Allmenjoi was being sarcastic but my take on this is that it's interesting that this is coming out or happening now. The tax stuff, the fugitive stuff, the money stuff, the camp dissension..etc... I suspect that The Powers That Be in the Phillipines and the Bobfather are just about done with Pac.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 13 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

SMH! Pacquiao's days as a Saint for boxing is very soon coming to an end. It's sad we will never see him fight Mayweather until his final days in boxing. No humna being is without mistakes and faults. EVERYONE IS A HYPOCRITE!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:02 AM