> Manny Pacquiao: Dodging Taxes and Hiding Fugitives
Hotsauce
post Mar 13 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 13 2012, 10:08 AM) *
Shit...looks like some good 24/7 material right here. Oh my bad, they dont put his fuck-ups out there for the world to see.

luckily he ain't fighting that other guy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 13 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

couldnt give a shit, hes a fighter to me not a politician, and to people who he is a politician i still dont give a shit.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 13 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 13 2012, 04:47 PM) *
just look at how some people are saying that Lionel Messi's the best footballer ever and somehow hasn't come close to winning a World Cup, yet Pele won at least one -possibly two- by the time that he had turned however old Messi is now).

woah this is the shittest example ive seen since pele gets his dues, people are placing messi ahead because he is playing stupidly good for a small man, like another man we know in a different sport. now your just saying what mayweather said with the same ignorance, every football era had there legends, just like before messi there was rondalinho, or zidane, or ronaldo(brazil) the reason people recognise messi as the best is due to the fact he is scoring so many goals, most likely because hes the main striker now. there are some that argue he has an advantage with all the technology in football boots, who knows but seriously bad example when pele got his dues, i mean the only real person to win the world cup almost single handedly was maradona.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 13 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 13 2012, 08:29 PM) *
couldnt give a shit, hes a fighter to me not a politician, and to people who he is a politician i still dont give a shit.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Mar 13 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 13 2012, 08:38 PM) *
woah this is the shittest example ive seen since pele gets his dues, people are placing messi ahead because he is playing stupidly good for a small man, like another man we know in a different sport. now your just saying what mayweather said with the same ignorance, every football era had there legends, just like before messi there was rondalinho, or zidane, or ronaldo(brazil) the reason people recognise messi as the best is due to the fact he is scoring so many goals, most likely because hes the main striker now. there are some that argue he has an advantage with all the technology in football boots, who knows but seriously bad example when pele got his dues, i mean the only real person to win the world cup almost single handedly was maradona.

This is off-topic, but I had to chime in here:

Maradona, Pele, Beckenbauer, Muller and Zidane have all produced incredible results and carried their teams to victory in domestic, European and World levels.

Messi, brilliant as he is playing at Barcelona with an All-Star cast, isn't nearly as dominant playing for Argentina, even though he has world class talent there (Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Rodriguez, Mascherano).

Compare that to Zidane, who carried an over-matched France team to victory at the 1998 World Cup, a Euro victory and as an aging 34 year old, took a mediocre French team to within a missed penalty kick of winning another World Cup.

That will forever be the difference between Messi and the other players, because they've done it anywhere and everywhere. Pretty easy to beat the dog shit out of teams when you have once-in-a-generation type talents like Xavi and Iniesta playing beside you.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 13 2012, 10:14 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 13 2012, 10:47 AM) *
First of all, it's 50 Cent.

Second of all, yes, his words can be construed to be racist, if you're that inclined. Personally, he's a boxer who gets punched in the face for a living, not a politician. Also, a lot of his statements are specifically tinted to drum up hype/hate/whatever for PPV sales. Seems like it's working every time.

Thirdly, yes, he has a history of getting into altercations with women, although I never recall seeing a medical examiner's report that actually definitively comes to the conclusion that the alleged victim was actually beaten. Josie Harris has withdrawn charges in the past and cannot be seen as a reliable witness capable of giving a reliable testimony. Had that case gone to court, she would have been cross-examined to hell by the defense attorneys, and made to look like a dumbass.

But it is what it is, Floyd put himself in a compromising situation. He's going to jail for his indiscretions, as you've pointed out. No one has a problem with "justice" not being served.

In Pacquiao's case ? Whole different ball game. His gambling, womanizing and indiscretions all routinely get swept under the rug, because a clean-cut image of perfection for the Pacman is the only image that is profitable for the powers that be. That's the truth.

For all we know, Pacquiao has slapped a bitch or 2 in his day. It's basically known fact that he womanizes as much as Floyd ever has (if not even more). He gambles, just like Floyd does. Floyd is just completely open about it.

People need to wake up and realize that Pacquiao has his vices, and in the cases of evading taxes and harboring fugitives, they're pretty massive vices.

It is called sarcasm. The point is no one is posting this, not ESPN, not Fox Sports News, not any of the major media outlets. Pacquiao is the people's champ therefore he gets the Bret Farve treatment. The sweep his shit under the rug. Pacquiao can have the body of a dead naked Cambodian boy hidden in the trunk of his car and someone finds it and someone how people still will not comment on it. Pacquiao's vices will always be less than Floyd's because he is the good guy in the sport he says all the right things. So yes he is having tax issues and he is harboring a fugitive but it doesn't matter because Floyd is a racist who is scared to fight Manny. As long as that dynamic is in Pacquiao's favor then he can have a picture of Adolf Hitler hanging in his gym and people will think nothing of it.

By the way, I called bullshit on Mayweather's "domestic" violence charges when I first heard of it. If Rhinna's picture of her face was being plastered all over the television screen and there was nothing nothing from Jossie Harris's alleged ass beating then yeah I call bullshit. Plus there is no way that a judge throws out a 23 year prison sentence for a 87 day plea with a stay on his start date. BS. 5'6" argued or tried to argue with me about how I was being a Floyd apologists. Plus he has custody of his kids which means to me, it was BS

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2012, 05:42 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 14 2012, 03:07 AM) *
This is off-topic, but I had to chime in here:

Maradona, Pele, Beckenbauer, Muller and Zidane have all produced incredible results and carried their teams to victory in domestic, European and World levels.

Messi, brilliant as he is playing at Barcelona with an All-Star cast, isn't nearly as dominant playing for Argentina, even though he has world class talent there (Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Rodriguez, Mascherano).

Compare that to Zidane, who carried an over-matched France team to victory at the 1998 World Cup, a Euro victory and as an aging 34 year old, took a mediocre French team to within a missed penalty kick of winning another World Cup.

That will forever be the difference between Messi and the other players, because they've done it anywhere and everywhere. Pretty easy to beat the dog shit out of teams when you have once-in-a-generation type talents like Xavi and Iniesta playing beside you.

very true, its hard to look bad when you've got support like that, but are you telling me pele never got recognition he deserves?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 14 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:14 PM) *
It is called sarcasm. The point is no one is posting this, not ESPN, not Fox Sports News, not any of the major media outlets. Pacquiao is the people's champ therefore he gets the Bret Farve treatment. The sweep his shit under the rug. Pacquiao can have the body of a dead naked Cambodian boy hidden in the trunk of his car and someone finds it and someone how people still will not comment on it. Pacquiao's vices will always be less than Floyd's because he is the good guy in the sport he says all the right things. So yes he is having tax issues and he is harboring a fugitive but it doesn't matter because Floyd is a racist who is scared to fight Manny. As long as that dynamic is in Pacquiao's favor then he can have a picture of Adolf Hitler hanging in his gym and people will think nothing of it.

By the way, I called bullshit on Mayweather's "domestic" violence charges when I first heard of it. If Rhinna's picture of her face was being plastered all over the television screen and there was nothing nothing from Jossie Harris's alleged ass beating then yeah I call bullshit. Plus there is no way that a judge throws out a 23 year prison sentence for a 87 day plea with a stay on his start date. BS. 5'6" argued or tried to argue with me about how I was being a Floyd apologists. Plus he has custody of his kids which means to me, it was BS

We're here to talk about Manny's tax issues and hiding fugitives. We didn't even get into a decent groove before you barged in here talking about Mayweather. Let's not beat the dead horse with this Mayweather jail time mess until June, please.

The first part of your post made sense, but you always fly off the handle with other stuff. Nobody asked about Rihanna (besides, you spelled her name wrong), Brett Favre (you spelled his name wrong), or Floyd's case, just yet. Oh yeah, it was a 34 year prison sentence, not 23. Sorry, you tried though...
(IMG:http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/jaimalaimalo/eforeffort.jpg)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 14 2012, 09:19 AM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 14 2012, 08:45 AM) *
We're here to talk about Manny's tax issues and hiding fugitives. We didn't even get into a decent groove before you barged in here talking about Mayweather. Let's not beat the dead horse with this Mayweather jail time mess until June, please.

The first part of your post made sense, but you always fly off the handle with other stuff. Nobody asked about Rihanna (besides, you spelled her name wrong), Brett Favre (you spelled his name wrong), or Floyd's case, just yet. Oh yeah, it was a 34 year prison sentence, not 23. Sorry, you tried though...
(IMG:http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/jaimalaimalo/eforeffort.jpg)

You missed the entire point. And that post wasn't geared toward you. The person I was replying to mentioned his case but you missed that. I can careless how to spell Farve's or Rhianna's name. I don't follow either but i am glad you are fans of both. Stay in your lane stalker.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 14 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 14 2012, 10:19 AM) *
You missed the entire point. And that post wasn't geared toward you. The person I was replying to mentioned his case but you missed that. I can careless how to spell Farve's or Rhianna's name. I don't follow either but i am glad you are fans of both. Stay in your lane stalker.

You dont follow either of them, but you managed to bring them up as an example in your post. THEN, you spelled the girl's name wrong, again! I understood your logic the first paragraph of your post (as i gave you credit for because it made sense), then you sort of went off on a tangent.

Just stick to boxing and leave the TMZ stuff out of this please. You do better without it. We wouldn't want another one of those "Carlos Rogers" tangents again, wouldn't we? Oh, and it's "care less", not careless. English major much? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:45 AM