> Manny Pacquiao: Dodging Taxes and Hiding Fugitives
Cheesey1
post Mar 14 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 13 2012, 08:38 PM) *
woah this is the shittest example ive seen since pele gets his dues, people are placing messi ahead because he is playing stupidly good for a small man, like another man we know in a different sport. now your just saying what mayweather said with the same ignorance, every football era had there legends, just like before messi there was rondalinho, or zidane, or ronaldo(brazil) the reason people recognise messi as the best is due to the fact he is scoring so many goals, most likely because hes the main striker now. there are some that argue he has an advantage with all the technology in football boots, who knows but seriously bad example when pele got his dues, i mean the only real person to win the world cup almost single handedly was maradona.

We both play football (I'm assuming) and obviously understand that it's a team sport, so judging an individual player fairly isn't as easy as judging a boxer. I've been watching and playing the sport for a while and have seen the "best players in the world" come and go (from the days of Platini, Ian Rush, George Weah etc.) and I find it hard to even contemplate how someone, who understands the sport, like many of the people that are proclaiming Messi as the best ever clearly do, can say with a straight face that he's the best ever i.e. better than Pele.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one and will leave it as an agree to disagree.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 14 2012, 10:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 14 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Fredie Roach....what is wrong with you, my brother? You're really on a roll with the dumb shit. I guess it's as was said in a thread earlier, you're just playing to the mindless Pactards, because anyone with half a brian is shaking their head and feeling sorry for you (although you still have much, much, much more cash than I have).

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 14 2012, 03:34 PM) *
We both play football (I'm assuming) and obviously understand that it's a team sport, so judging an individual player fairly isn't as easy as judging a boxer. I've been watching and playing the sport for a while and have seen the "best players in the world" come and go (from the days of Platini, Ian Rush, George Weah etc.) and I find it hard to even contemplate how someone, who understands the sport, like many of the people that are proclaiming Messi as the best ever clearly do, can say with a straight face that he's the best ever i.e. better than Pele.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one and will leave it as an agree to disagree.

fair enough i can live with that. hes not the best ever, definitely best of the era.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 14 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 14 2012, 01:06 PM) *
fair enough i can live with that. hes not the best ever, definitely best of the era.

Nice one, mi bredda! (haha, I'm still not giving Messi best of the era).

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 14 2012, 12:51 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 14 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Pay ya taxes Manny!!!

+Quote Post
flazi
post Mar 14 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #26

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

sorry to jump on the messi, pele, maradona topic but since i watch more futbol than anything else just want to put my 2c in there. Messi is a great great player. One of the greatest ever but not the greatest ever. For me that player still is Pele. He has accomplished so much that even maradona falls short. That being said, Messi dribbles and plays more like Pele than he does Maradona. If you look at video of Pele and see how the ball was never more than a few inches from his foot no matter how fast he was running, Messi is the same way. That kind of control is amazing.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 14 2012, 05:50 PM) *
Nice one, mi bredda! (haha, I'm still not giving Messi best of the era).

who would you give it to

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 15 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 14 2012, 07:06 PM) *
who would you give it to

probably that pretty boy dude

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 15 2012, 05:30 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 15 2012, 05:36 AM) *
probably that pretty boy dude

if your on abot cristiano ronaldo i cant stand the guy lol

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 15 2012, 08:00 AM
Post #30

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

In regards to this whole football argument...

Just remember that when Pele was playing they had yet to introduce the offside rule... Just something to bear in mind when looking at his goals record. He could effectively goal hang, not saying he did, but still. It's an advantage not afforded to today' players... Then again I suppose you can argue that Messi has the advantage of super light footballs to kick etc... However if you understand the offside rule, it does make a huge difference imo...

BTW, although a douche, Cristiano is ridiculous. When he was at Man Utd, he straight took the piss out of our league yo..

Now what's this about Manny hiding dudes in his house.. He getting more and more like Floyd by the day. Floyd has tax issues, and he's harbouring a fugitive Gamboa in his gym, lol!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 02:53 AM