IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alexander at 147...If he Cant Get the Berto/Ortiz Winner..., What great fights can be made for him?
Alexander at 147...
Who keeps him busy? Results?
Khan [ 3 ] ** [27.27%]
Peterson [ 3 ] ** [27.27%]
Matthysse (rematch) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Bradley (rematch) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Malignaggi [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero [ 4 ] ** [36.36%]
K. Brooke [ 1 ] ** [9.09%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
checkleft
post Mar 14 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I would love to see him fight brook. Paulie is 140, matthysse is 140 too. Lamont would be a good fight but he's 140 too. I can't see Khan being effective at 147 and have yet to see if guerrero can be too. And I guess depending on the aydin guerrero outcomes he could fight aydin. But to me the top opponents I would like to see him against would be aydin berto ortiz and brook. To me he still has to prove himself he always looks good against the come forward slow slugging fighters like maidana and urango. And brook has to prove himself also. I think that would be a good match up
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 14 2012, 01:26 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 14 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Paulie is 140

Paulie is actually at WW, and he's been there for almost a year now. He fought Jose Cotto on the Morales/Maidana undercard, and he fought a Mexican guy (cant remember his name) on the Dawson/Hopkins undercard.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 14 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Really? I can't see him being much of a challenge at that weight

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 14 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 14 2012, 02:29 PM) *
Really? I can't see him being much of a challenge at that weight

He still has his speed, his reflexes have slowed down just a bit, and he's never had much power....so yeah, he's pretty much the same Paulie. He looked pretty good against J. Cotto, and fairly decent against the Mexican guy (because he got hurt in the first round I believe).

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 14 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #15

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Alexander should fight Ortiz or The Ghost. Those are his most plausible options.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 15 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Ortiz would likely ko him. I think ortiz is kind of under rated, he drew against a good fighter in lamont (a fight where I thought he got robbed) who in his own right is a B+ maybe -A fighter. Alexander can't adjust to decent boxers with some pop (kotelnik Bradley matthysse). And ortiz doesn't have pop he has bombs, and he is probably just as fast as Bradley. But Alexander seems to have a decent chin so it would be interesting

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 15 2012, 01:54 AM) *
Ortiz would likely ko him. I think ortiz is kind of under rated, he drew against a good fighter in lamont (a fight where I thought he got robbed) who in his own right is a B+ maybe -A fighter. Alexander can't adjust to decent boxers with some pop (kotelnik Bradley matthysse). And ortiz doesn't have pop he has bombs, and he is probably just as fast as Bradley. But Alexander seems to have a decent chin so it would be interesting

I agree! Ortiz can and will KO/hurt Alexander if that's the last thing he does. Devon can take punch (as he's made obvious), but the size of Ortiz along with that leaping/pouncing style he has, will give Devon trouble.

You're right, Alexander has problem adjusting to boxers with pop...well, I only agreed with the Kotelnik fight, but Bradley on the other hand, was simply bullying him on the inside and beating him to the punch.

Oh yeah...hell yeah Ortiz is faster than Bradley, and we saw that in the Mayweather fight. Ortiz was faster than I ever saw him, but he ends up getting stuck in the same position after he throws, unlike Bradley who resets a lot quicker than him.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 04:40 AM