IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is it just me?, or does it seem that floyd is talking a lot less...
daprofessor
post Mar 16 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

is it just me or does it seem that floyd is talking a lot less shit than he normally does about his opponents? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) what gives? is it respect? is he nervous about this one? what say u?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Praximo
post Mar 16 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 10,780

24/7 dident even start yet.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 16 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

He started takin' a more relaxed approach to the media when he was promotin' the Ortiz fight. Accordin' to him, he saved the shit-talkin' for 24/7. Maybe this is the case for this fight as well.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 16 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

maybe he cant fault cotto to his face, so he'll do it when cottos turned around on 24/7

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Mar 16 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #5

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Maybe he's taking a new approach when it comes to addressing his competition. He was fairly respectful to Ortiz leading their fight and I see that same level of respect and professionalism already ensuing since the announcement of the Cotto fight.

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Mar 17 2012, 05:15 AM
Post #6

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

It actually started with the JMM fight. But honestly I think its the promoter in him. He has to appeal to the public as a promoter when he hangs em up. IMO

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Mar 17 2012, 10:41 AM
Post #7

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

Is it just me, or does it seem like you completely avoided giving me your Hopkins/Dawson II prediction/breakdown? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 17 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

It appears to be a sign of maturity and possibly respect for Cotto, but as said already, it'll probably change a bit for 24/7.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 17 2012, 10:41 AM) *
Is it just me, or does it seem like you completely avoided giving me your Hopkins/Dawson II prediction/breakdown? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) no. i'll be sure to get it in this week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

He's at the pinnacle of his career and he's making the money that he wants to make, so there may not be a reason for him to be as wild as he used to be.

Oscar: It's clear that Floyd cant stand him, and Im sure the feeling is mutual at this point. He got past Oscar in the biggest fight of his career, so Im sure that monkey was off of his back in regards to making a big step in his career.

Hatton: Hatton just talks shit naturally, so it was pretty easy for Floyd to engage in it.

JMM: No reason to really go at JMM, other than the drinking the urine incident (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Mosley: He sounded off on Shane for all the right reasons. Shane was nearly begging for a big payday, and was nothing more than an "ass chapper" around that time. He had ties to De La Hoya as well, so that gave Floyd more reasons to trash talk.

Ortiz: There was really nothing big to go at Ortiz about. Well, maybe it was, but floyd did his best to make sure that Ortiz remained a credible opponent, so it seemed like he cut down on trash talk. Better yet, he saved it for the winding down time before the fight...more like a week and a half before the fight date.

Cotto: Not much there for him to trash talk Miguel. If Mayorga couldn't get Cotto out of his element, then I dont see how Mayweather will be able to do so.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:25 PM