Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite punches from fighters
checkleft
post Mar 20 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Floyds left right hook combo is simply beautiful. Never seen anyone land it as accurately or fast and so smoothly as he does.

Butes body shots are painful to watch.

Ortiz has a very short incredibly powerful lead hook that is awkward but very interesting, I just like it because it shows how strong he is.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 21 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Holyfield's uppercut to the body...saw him land that shit on Tyson in the first fight, and shit turned around shortly after.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 21 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #13

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 20 2012, 12:52 PM) *
Sneaky Body Shot (Mayweather) - I don't know what else to call it, but that. It's a small body shot that Mayweather throws when he's on the inside (usually durin' a clinch), but you can barely see it, unless you check the slo-mo replays. He used this a lot in his fight against Mosley, especially in Round 2 after Mosley had him stunned. As we all know, body shots take it's toll on you throughout the course of the fight.

FF it to the 0:23 mark to see exactly what I'm talkin' 'bout...

Does anyone know the correct term for that punch?

Anyone?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 22 2012, 08:53 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 21 2012, 10:22 PM) *
Anyone?

Hell, it just looks like "get off me" body shot on the inside. Besides, he was hurt, so Im sure that staying busy by throwing punches would make him look less effected by that first Mosley right hand...of course that's before the second one came. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 22 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 09:53 AM) *
Hell, it just looks like "get off me" body shot on the inside. Besides, he was hurt, so Im sure that staying busy by throwing punches would make him look less effected by that first Mosley right hand...of course that's before the second one came. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He does that in a lot of fights, though, even when he's not stunned. It's just hard to notice when it happens, live. That punch is usually thrown durin' a clinch. A lot of fighters have their own lil' trick/tactic for when the ref says, "break... don't punch" durin' a clinch (think B-Hop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) , etc...), maybe the quick body shot is Mayweather's clinch trick. Most of the time, those tricks are done from angles where the ref can't see it.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 22 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

That----->>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nKE8LME4sQ

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 22 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Mayweather's right hand lead. Best in the business and not only is it devastating but it's frustrating. His timing on it is impecable.

Hopkins right hand lead. Very underrated. He usually does it when there's a dull point in the fight. He uses footwork to confuse you the pop. It's usually followed by a clinch, leaving you with no way to retaliate.

Cotto's hook to the body. I know, he doesn't use it liek he used to but when he brings than thing out, it's text book and a thing of beauty.

Martinez's overhand left. Unorthodox at times but it is a pretty shot when it lands.

Kirkland's right hook. He's not the most technically sound boxer there is but his hook has shades of Tyson in it. Bad intentions.

Ward's body uppercut. Usually snuck in during clinches and rugged fights, it was one of the difference makers against Froch, Bika, Green and coutless others.

Malinaggi's left jab. I know I know. He punches like his name is Dora the Explorer. But only if you have a sharp left jab, along with good movement, can you survive and compete with zero power.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:10 PM