IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy Anniversary (Revisting Chavez-Taylor I)
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 19 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

Chavez vs. Meldrick Taylor's fight was probably next to Whitaker's vs. Chavez was one of the worse robberies in boxing. The ref called the fight in the last round with 5 seconds left to go after Chavez knocked Taylor down. If the fight was not called off the Taylor would have won. Don King never loses. Still it was a bad call the Ref should not had stopped the fight with 5 seconds left especially when Taylor was not seriously injured.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

richard steele is not the time keeper. he asked meldrick if he was alright and got no answer. he then yelled step towards me and nothing happened. good stoppage in my book. better to be safe than sorry.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 21 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Professor I am going to have to respectfully disagree. He stood up nodded his head. His hands were up, he was not staggering. It was the last round for crying out loud. It was a bad stop and the Ref should know that time since they let you know when there are only seconds left in the round. Bad stoppage.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 21 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 19 2012, 10:06 AM) *
Chavez vs. Meldrick Taylor's fight was probably next to Whitaker's vs. Chavez was one of the worse robberies in boxing. The ref called the fight in the last round with 5 seconds left to go after Chavez knocked Taylor down. If the fight was not called off the Taylor would have won. Don King never loses. Still it was a bad call the Ref should not had stopped the fight with 5 seconds left especially when Taylor was not seriously injured.

Not seriously injured? He had multiple facial fractures and was pissing blood. He lost like a quarter of his blood are you kidding me, o was a huge fan of meldricks but that stoppage was one of those where its up to the ref. I wouldn't have been mad either way, but Taylor was non responsive and it was mostly due to his corner for telling him shit from the corner and distracting him which is why he wasn't paying attention to steele. His corner sucked

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 22 2012, 08:52 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 21 2012, 11:25 PM) *
Not seriously injured? He had multiple facial fractures and was pissing blood. He lost like a quarter of his blood are you kidding me, o was a huge fan of meldricks but that stoppage was one of those where its up to the ref. I wouldn't have been mad either way, but Taylor was non responsive and it was mostly due to his corner for telling him shit from the corner and distracting him which is why he wasn't paying attention to steele. His corner sucked

It was the last round! Chavez did not look like a beauty queen either. I mean either way that fight could had been stopped earlier if we are looking at facial features. It was a robbery. I am sorry.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 23 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

A beauty contest is one thing. Facial fractures and peeing buckets of blood is another

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:15 AM