IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sergio Martinez or Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao [Poll & Added Question]]
Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sergio Martinez or Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao
Which fight interests you the most?
Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao [ 10 ] ** [37.04%]
Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sergio Martinez [ 17 ] ** [62.96%]
Total Votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
CauzinRuckus
post Mar 19 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #11

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,566

[quote name='Gambit808' date='Mar 19 2012, 01:55 PM' post='554744']
I know Pacquiao better get his shit together before Floyd decide to stay at 54 and have it play a factor in the next time they negotiate.
[/

i've heard people sayin floyd will make manny come to 154 to fight . smh manny is afraid of fighting above 147 but i would make him fight at 150 . all he gott do is put on 3 lbs of Juice .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 19 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Can someone make a video about Sergio Martinez 'adjusting'? Because I really don't see it. I just see a guy taking advantage over other fighter's mistakes such like stamina or stupid fightin, not really adjusting.

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 19 2012, 01:14 PM) *
I see Serg v Floyd happening first and I also give Serg the better chance of winning. But I still see Serg having only a 20% chance of really winning the fight. I think Serg's best quality is his movement. I dont think Serg has the creative arsenal to beat a complete fighter like Floyd. Serg is basically jab straight left hand. I dont see any right or left hooks or any body punching what so ever.

Take all of the foot stomping out of the fight and I didnt see Macklin all that hurt. The knockout came more from fatigue and I dont see Floyd fading late in the fight. I know Serg is an undersized MW but at his age how easy can he make 154? And this fights most likely taking place a year from now. His last fight at 154 was 3 years ago and he wasnt really that great then. I give Serg a punchers chance but Floyd protects his chin like Tigers protect their young. I think Floyd beats Serg easily.

Agreed. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way. Sergio Martinez is pretty much a one-dimensional fighter who can't make adjustments, especially to boxing styles. And when you put a one-dimensional fighter against a technician like Floyd, that's easy work. Unless they got a chin and pressure dedication like Oscar or Castillo, then it's pretty much easy.

This post has been edited by sduck: Mar 19 2012, 02:10 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 19 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #13

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 19 2012, 01:51 PM) *
1. Also, Which of the 2 has a better chance of beating Floyd?
2. Which fight do you think happens 1st?
3. Do you think jumping up and down in weight to get these fights at this stage in Floyd's career spell doom for him the way it did for Roy Jones?

1. Sergio has the better chance to beat Floyd because of his quick/stiff jab and a very good jab at that. He's bigger and knows how to box a bit which takes smart controlled aggression against Mayweather. The only weaknesses Sergio will have which will cost him dearly in a fight against Mayweather is that he fights with his hands down and he gets overly aggressive.

2. Mayweather- Martinez because Floyd entertained the idea more than once. Martinez is willing to take a low cut pay and take ODST to fight Mayweather. I'm betting that he will stick to his word and he's willing to come down to 150 to fight Mayweather. But I believe Mayweather will fight him at 154.

3. I kinda think it will affect him differently than RJJR did because Mayweather always stayed in great shape whether he's scheduled to fight or not so that helps. He stays healthy and doesn't abuse his body.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 19 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (CauzinRuckus @ Mar 19 2012, 01:56 PM) *
1. niether can beat floyd but martinez will have a better chance . simply becuase pac is 1 dimensional and can't fight of the back foot. Martinez wants u to attack him cuz he can fight backing up. but his style with the hands down wouldn't fly, if macklin was able to get box him and make him adjust floyd would easily beat him. i was impressed wit martinez's will to win and steppin up after the knockdown .

2.being that floyd will beat cotto and become a title-holder in the 154 class martinez will have the right to push for this fight since he fights so close to that wait. Plus 80/20 is wat martinez will offer. Dat smells like $$ so he will have floyds attention.

3.i've seen people say i wont matter but it will , roy jones was preserved very well, wen he decided to jump weights that was his doom. he fought often but he wasn't gettin hit. Floyd is the same way we haven't seen him get hit with hard shots alot so we dont kno if his chin is glass or a diamond. his conditioning will help him shake off punches like mosely hit him with, but he was hurt no ? i think his solid home is 147 but not enough big names at 154 to stay there.

1+ on point 1 & 3

are you willing to put your house up on a bold prediction like that sir lol, i mean on paper yea Floyd is supposed to tax that ass but the squared circle is where the truth comes out and this fight right here can go either way. I like floyd just as much as anyone but i would never over look Cotto... even if he's past his prime.

plus for some reason that 80/20 offer reminds me of the same confidence Tarver showed with Roy when they fought, idk it could be just me who feels that way.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 19 2012, 02:38 PM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Mar 19 2012, 03:10 PM) *
1. Sergio has the better chance to beat Floyd because of his quick/stiff jab and a very good jab at that. He's bigger and knows how to box a bit which takes smart controlled aggression against Mayweather. The only weaknesses Sergio will have which will cost him dearly in a fight against Mayweather is that he fights with his hands down and he gets overly aggressive.

2. Mayweather- Martinez because Floyd entertained the idea more than once. Martinez is willing to take a low cut pay and take ODST to fight Mayweather. I'm betting that he will stick to his word and he's willing to come down to 150 to fight Mayweather. But I believe Mayweather will fight him at 154.

3. I kinda think it will affect him differently than RJJR did because Mayweather always stayed in great shape whether he's scheduled to fight or not so that helps. He stays healthy and doesn't abuse his body.

This is exactly the point I was tryin' to make when I made my comments on this matter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif) .

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 19 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I prefer the pacquia fight, Sergio needs to move to 164 and fight those guys.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 19 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I picked Mayweather vs. Martinez @ 154. If it ends up at 150, I'd still rather see that than the other option.

I'd still pick Mayweather to win, because he's that good, but I think that Martinez would be a legitimate threat.

Anyway, I hope that Mayweather isn't overlooking Cotto, because this is Cotto at 154, not the poor guy that had been locked in the basement with only water and bread when he was fighting at 147, or 144, whatever retarded weight he went down to.

+Quote Post
karmine20
post Mar 19 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #18

Amateur

Member No.: 13,403

QUOTE (CauzinRuckus @ Mar 19 2012, 02:56 PM) *
1. niether can beat floyd but martinez will have a better chance . simply becuase pac is 1 dimensional and can't fight of the back foot. Martinez wants u to attack him cuz he can fight backing up. but his style with the hands down wouldn't fly, if macklin was able to get box him and make him adjust floyd would easily beat him. i was impressed wit martinez's will to win and steppin up after the knockdown .

2.being that floyd will beat cotto and become a title-holder in the 154 class martinez will have the right to push for this fight since he fights so close to that wait. Plus 80/20 is wat martinez will offer. Dat smells like $$ so he will have floyds attention.

3.i've seen people say i wont matter but it will , roy jones was preserved very well, wen he decided to jump weights that was his doom. he fought often but he wasn't gettin hit. Floyd is the same way we haven't seen him get hit with hard shots alot so we dont kno if his chin is glass or a diamond. his conditioning will help him shake off punches like mosely hit him with, but he was hurt no ? i think his solid home is 147 but not enough big names at 154 to stay there.

First off you are contradicting yourself in so many ways. How can you say in one sentence that you don’t know if his chin is glass or a diamond and in the next sentence say his conditioning is what helped him shake off the Mosley hit. BAFOOONERY, Floyd has a great chin. Secondly the difference between him and ROY is Defense. Roy’s defense was his reflexes Floyd’s defense is the Philly shell. Get your shit together before you openly state bull shit!

+Quote Post
karmine20
post Mar 19 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #19

Amateur

Member No.: 13,403

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 19 2012, 03:09 PM) *
Can someone make a video about Sergio Martinez 'adjusting'? Because I really don't see it. I just see a guy taking advantage over other fighter's mistakes such like stamina or stupid fightin, not really adjusting.

Agreed. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way. Sergio Martinez is pretty much a one-dimensional fighter who can't make adjustments, especially to boxing styles. And when you put a one-dimensional fighter against a technician like Floyd, that's easy work. Unless they got a chin and pressure dedication like Oscar or Castillo, then it's pretty much easy.

Not to mention the fool fights with his hand down to his knees. No way in hell he will be able to conduct that same approach against FLOYD. He fights EVERYONE with his hands to his knees. NO WAY JOSE. NOT GONNA FLY. Either he takes a more respectable aproach or he will be another WIN in floyds Column

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Mar 19 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #20

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

1) Martinez definitely has the better chance at winning.

1) Floyd said he would fight martinez already so this fight can easily be made.

3) Roy was suckered into fighting Tarver when he was thinking of bowing out of the game once he won the HW title. He then had to lose a ridiculous amount of muscle to make weight to fight Tarver. Floyd gradually moved from 130-154 and stays in crazy shape. He will be fine. He just can't take any flush straight rights from Martinez. I think Martinez has enough power to hurt Mayweather, IF he can land at all.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:19 AM