IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Martinez Have Been Asking For a Mosley Fight a While Back?
Cheesey1
post Mar 20 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 20 2012, 07:35 PM) *
Goodness do I hate mora lol

And Mosley made him look good, or as good as Mora can look.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 20 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

no way mosley would have taken that fight at 154. he wouldn't fight williams....so i seriously doubt martinez had any shot at getting a fight against mosley.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 20 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 20 2012, 04:20 PM) *
But in reality its Mayweather, which means he's not fighting until he knows he's won, am pretty sure there's going to be some sort of excuse to why he's not going to fight Martinez, probably cause it doesn't make money so it doesn't make sense, or his never ending stream of bullshit instead of the answers he's supposed to give when people ask him a question. I mean will he fight a strong established light middleweight? Doubtful, he'll probably fight Alvarez next due to his lack of experience and punching power. I mean the 154 division is literally a dead division, it's just a platform till fighters move onto the middleweight division. Who else is he going to generate any sort of money with in that division? Apart from Martinez.

I agree with you about Floyd not answering questions, that is annoying as hell. On another note, what big name fighter has taken "small money" fight at the latter part of their career? I mean, Cotto, Mayweather, Pacquiao, and a few other (including Martinez), are only looking for big money fights at this point of their careers.

I cant say that the 154 lb division is dead...it's full of potential, but little money. The great talented fighters in these divisions aren't really fighting each other...they are only looking for big money fights. I cant blame them, but I guess that's what's ruining the sport.

It's hard to get upset with older fighters for only wanting to fight for big money, because at their careers, they are more susceptible to injury and so forth.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 20 2012, 06:35 PM) *
Yup, that would've definitely helped Martinez' rep. If they had made the match, I would've picked him against the Mosley that ended up perfecting the "spastic two step shuffle with no punch thrown" against Mora.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 20 2012, 08:24 PM) *
no way mosley would have taken that fight at 154. he wouldn't fight williams....so i seriously doubt martinez had any shot at getting a fight against mosley.

There's no reason he shouldn't have taken a Martinez fight. I mean seriously, did you scratch your head and raise your eyebrows when they announced Mosley vs Mora?

Just to think, that fight was supposed to be somewhat of a soft touch for Shane, but it ended up hurting his career, and inflicting serious cases of boredom to all who actually paid to watch it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 20 2012, 09:32 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2012, 01:47 AM) *
I agree with you about Floyd not answering questions, that is annoying as hell. On another note, what big name fighter has taken "small money" fight at the latter part of their career? I mean, Cotto, Mayweather, Pacquiao, and a few other (including Martinez), are only looking for big money fights at this point of their careers.

I cant say that the 154 lb division is dead...it's full of potential, but little money. The great talented fighters in these divisions aren't really fighting each other...they are only looking for big money fights. I cant blame them, but I guess that's what's ruining the sport.

It's hard to get upset with older fighters for only wanting to fight for big money, because at their careers, they are more susceptible to injury and so forth.

It's not about him taking small money, it's the fact he's playing it safe as usual. I mean if he stays at light middleweight that will forever close the door on a Pac Mayweather fight if The Bobfather dies, unless he goes back to welterweight or a catch weight, and he just won't give Martinez a shot till Martinez has one more fight, and looks bad enough.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 20 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 20 2012, 10:32 PM) *
It's not about him taking small money, it's the fact he's playing it safe as usual. I mean if he stays at light middleweight that will forever close the door on a Pac Mayweather fight if The Bobfather dies, unless he goes back to welterweight or a catch weight, and he just won't give Martinez a shot till Martinez has one more fight, and looks bad enough.

Ever heard of low risk, high reward?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 22 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2012, 02:54 AM) *
Ever heard of low risk, high reward?

well boxing was all about hit and not get hit, but now it seems its about that.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:05 PM