IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Trials And Tribulations of Making a Chavez-Martinez Fight, Discuss All Here. (Topic Edited For Clarity.)
Cheesey1
post Mar 20 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

JCC Jr., actions speak louder than words. Maravilla isn't hard to find. Make the bloody match, my son!

Don't blame the BobFather. Are you a warrior, or a stooge for the BobFather? Also with Murray's visa troubles, there's no reason not to make it happen for July/August (maybe Sept.), or around there.

This post has been edited by Jack 1000: Mar 22 2012, 02:47 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Mar 20 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 20 2012, 11:27 AM) *
JCC Jr., actions speak louder than words. Maravilla isn't hard to find. Make the bloody match, my son!

Don't blame the BobFather. Are you a warrior, or a stooge for the BobFather? Also with Murray's visa troubles, there's no reason not to make it happen for July/August (maybe Sept.), or around there.

Well according to the idiot Ariza it shouldn't be hard for Chavez to beat him so let's hope this fight gets done

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 20 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

Y'all beat me to it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 20 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Chavez feels like Martinez isn't that great?! Oh no, could the kettle be calling the pot black again?

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 20 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

You know how these Top Rank boys work. "I want the fight... BUT... It's up to my Promoter."

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 20 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Agreed, agreed and agreed.

If it happened (highly unlikely as Chavez is clearly a puppet, but he can prove otherwise by demanding this one) then I'd like to hear Sergio's detractors' predictions of how they think that it'll turn out. Then we'll all get to see who was wrong and who was right.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 20 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i may be one of the few that believes jr isn't an easy fight for martinez. both are probably each others biggest pay day at this point. i get it...toprank isn't confident in their kid or they're waiting for martinez to diminish a little more. if and when the fight happens...it's going the distance and....it won't be a one-sided affair.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 20 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 20 2012, 08:22 PM) *
i may be one of the few that believes jr isn't an easy fight for martinez.

Got damn I thought I was the only one who saw it this way. I said it a while back, but Im not sure how much of an impact Sergio's punches will have on a guy who will more than likely come in at about 180 lbs.

Sergio's pretty accurate, so that may be his biggest asset, along with his constant movement. I've seen Chavez take punches from big MW punchers, and has hardly budged. Then again, Im trying to see how many guys came into a fight against Julio with a lot of confidence, other than Duddy.

Interesting fight, but it wont be a "Sergio Decapitation" that most are predicting. What if Chavez lucks up with a big shot, and ends up beating Martinez? Then what?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 20 2012, 09:49 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2012, 12:39 AM) *
Got damn I thought I was the only one who saw it this way. I said it a while back, but Im not sure how much of an impact Sergio's punches will have on a guy who will more than likely come in at about 180 lbs.

Sergio's pretty accurate, so that may be his biggest asset, along with his constant movement. I've seen Chavez take punches from big MW punchers, and has hardly budged. Then again, Im trying to see how many guys came into a fight against Julio with a lot of confidence, other than Duddy.

Interesting fight, but it wont be a "Sergio Decapitation" that most are predicting. What if Chavez lucks up with a big shot, and ends up beating Martinez? Then what?

we all jump on the jr train and never speak of the middleweight division again

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 20 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 20 2012, 10:49 PM) *
we all jump on the jr train and never speak of the middleweight division again

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Not sure I'll be jumping on that Jr. train, but it would be quite embarrassing if he were to beat Sergio though.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:37 PM