IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Trials And Tribulations of Making a Chavez-Martinez Fight, Discuss All Here. (Topic Edited For Clarity.)
Cheesey1
post Mar 21 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 20 2012, 10:49 PM) *
we all jump on the jr train and never speak of the middleweight division again

Ha!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 21 2012, 08:20 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

So JCC Jr. hath spoken. Perfect timing on the interview FightHype.
Nicely done by JCC Jr. on saying that he won't be forced to sign one of the BobFather's perpetual contracts, but I still don't like this nonsense that he's planning on two more fights before he fights Sergio Martinez. What, is the plan to fight Martinez when he's in his 40's?!?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 21 2012, 08:34 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

From what I just read, Sergio is demanding OSDT for a Chavez Jr. bout that he hopes will happen on Sept. 15th. I can honestly say that this sounds like something that Martinez would request (as he should), but it sounds tooooo much like something that DiBella would request...as he should. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I mean seriously, Chavez has been in the mix with banned substances before, and the recent neglect of the WBC and TX Commission to test him after the Rubio fight, would make ANYONE want to request extensive testing.

The shittiest part of this is, Chavez rejected the offer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) Why am I not surprised?

http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-martinez...jects-it--50869

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 21 2012, 11:36 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2012, 09:34 AM) *
From what I just read, Sergio is demanding OSDT for a Chavez Jr. bout that he hopes will happen on Sept. 15th. I can honestly say that this sounds like something that Martinez would request (as he should), but it sounds tooooo much like something that DiBella would request...as he should. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I mean seriously, Chavez has been in the mix with banned substances before, and the recent neglect of the WBC and TX Commission to test him after the Rubio fight, would make ANYONE want to request extensive testing.

The shittiest part of this is, Chavez rejected the offer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) Why am I not surprised?

Nice. I like to keep it simple, if you aren't doping then take the bloody test and don't act like like your feelings got hurt because you're being asked to take the test (both of you will take the test JCC, Jr., just in case you missed that bit).

Good for Sergio and DiBella.
Damn JCC Jr., just when I was starting to think that you weren't the coke head, boozey, ducker your actions seem to indicate, you go and bring me back down to earth again. Not cool, not cool...

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 21 2012, 11:38 AM

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 21 2012, 11:46 AM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 21 2012, 09:20 AM) *
So JCC Jr. hath spoken. Perfect timing on the interview FightHype.
Nicely done by JCC Jr. on saying that he won't be forced to sign one of the BobFather's perpetual contracts, but I still don't like this nonsense that he's planning on two more fights before he fights Sergio Martinez. What, is the plan to fight Martinez when he's in his 40's?!?
I know, right?

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2012, 09:34 AM) *

Disgustin'.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Mar 21 2012, 11:47 AM

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Mar 21 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #16

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I'm sort of at the point where I just believe that any fighter who hems and haws at blood and urine testing of any sort has something to hide.

Why do people even treat it as if it's a part of the negotiations ? It's really an external matter. Both fighters have to go through with it, so why the fuck do people even think that it's something that you're giving up ?

Are people that fucking stupid that they can't see through the bullshit ? First we have Pacquiao's bitch ass crying about needles and now we have a dumbass who is KNOWN to use diuretics saying he doesn't want any part of random testing.

All of this just because Chavez has a famous last name and is marketable. It's some bullshit at the end of the day.

Also, I'll bet you Brandon Rios does the same bullshit, his his "re-hydrate 25 pounds" ass.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 21 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Sounds like someone doesn't want to sign am extension too.. I always wondered why the chavez family didn't have their own promotion company

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 21 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

WTF?

how you scared of a drug test?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 21 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 21 2012, 03:26 PM) *
I'm sort of at the point where I just believe that any fighter who hems and haws at blood and urine testing of any sort has something to hide.

Why do people even treat it as if it's a part of the negotiations ? It's really an external matter. Both fighters have to go through with it, so why the fuck do people even think that it's something that you're giving up ?

Are people that fucking stupid that they can't see through the bullshit ? First we have Pacquiao's bitch ass crying about needles and now we have a dumbass who is KNOWN to use diuretics saying he doesn't want any part of random testing.

All of this just because Chavez has a famous last name and is marketable. It's some bullshit at the end of the day.

Also, I'll bet you Brandon Rios does the same bullshit, his his "re-hydrate 25 pounds" ass.

Exactly! Its just a few extra tests, so Im trying to see what the big fuckin' deal is. These dudes either shit their pants or raise their eyebrows when asked for random testing. As you mentioned, its sickening how these guys act like its part of the negotiations.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 21 2012, 10:43 PM
Post #20

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

If Sergio is requesting OSDT, he's likely requesting NOT to fight Jr.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:27 PM