IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Trials And Tribulations of Making a Chavez-Martinez Fight, Discuss All Here. (Topic Edited For Clarity.)
Jack 1000
post Mar 22 2012, 02:56 AM
Post #21

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I think I said this in another thread but it it is worth repeating:

I think Martinez-Chavez Jr. will NOT be a mismatch at all if the fight happens. In fact, Sergio may have to dominate to get a decision. I think he stops Jr. late. I think Chavez should dump Bob Arum so we can see this fight!

And here if you have not seen it is the press release from the WBC on a Chavez-Martinez fight: (From Fight News:)

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-statem...martinez-110808

And here is Ben's interview with Chavez with regards to his next fight:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12027.html

I put the blame on Bob Arum and Top Rank for their "in-house" promotions in not getting a Chavez-Martinez fight done.

Jack

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 22 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

I don't think that it'll be a mismatch either, but Sergio is the deserved favourite. As was mentioned earlier, Sergio isn't a one trick pony and will fight in a more orthodox manner i.e. his hands won't be down all of the time. If he wasn't a serious threat, TR would've made the match already. Chavez and TR are running scared. Sad.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 22 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 21 2012, 11:43 PM) *
If Sergio is requesting OSDT, he's likely requesting NOT to fight Jr.

Whether he chooses to believe that or not, that's EXACTLY what he's doing...subconsciously (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If we want to see this fight, then Chavez will have to dump the Bobfather, which will cost him money if he chooses to do it immediately. If not, then we'll have to wait 'til next summer (when his contract is up), and hopefully Sergio wont be a victim of grandfather time.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 22 2012, 08:53 AM
Post #24

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I think Chavez's biggest advantages going into a Martinez fight will be:

1. Sergio will be eligible for AARP and senior discounts at Denny's.

2. Chavez will be damn near 185 on fight night, begging the question: Is this the "before" in a "before and after" photo?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 22 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 09:53 AM) *

Damn Noles! Not Denny's! You could've at least thrown Shoney's in there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) Wait a minute...are they still around?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 22 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #26

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 10:00 AM) *
Damn Noles! Not Denny's! You could've at least thrown Shoney's in there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) Wait a minute...are they still around?

Money, I was gonna ask you the same thing. LOL!!!!! I remember we use to go there after games during HS. That, I believe, was the last of my buffet days.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 22 2012, 09:50 AM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 10:16 AM) *
Money, I was gonna ask you the same thing. LOL!!!!! I remember we use to go there after games during HS. That, I believe, was the last of my buffet days.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Tell me about it! The fact that you said "I believe", further ensures me that those weren't the last of your buffet days! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Dammit man...Sergio's getting older by the day. Hopefully he can pull a Hopkins, but not many can do that nowadays.

I was listening on the show last night, and they were discussing how Sergio is willing to come down to 154 for a Mayweather fight, but when asked about a Kirkland fight, he said that Kirkland would have to come up to 160 to fight him. WTF?! C'mon Sergio (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 22 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #28

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 10:50 AM) *

Tell me about it! The fact that you said "I believe", further ensures me that those weren't the last of your buffet days! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Dammit man...Sergio's getting older by the day. Hopefully he can pull a Hopkins, but not many can do that nowadays.

I was listening on the show last night, and they were discussing how Sergio is willing to come down to 154 for a Mayweather fight, but when asked about a Kirkland fight, he said that Kirkland would have to come up to 160 to fight him. WTF?! C'mon Sergio (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

That's messed up, Shel. LOL. Man, I don't do buffets.....haven't for YEARS. I mean, have you seen some of the people who frequent buffets? What's especially nauseating, is the thought of Chinese food buffets...bleeeeh!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

Yeah....I think Serg knows he's at the end of the line and he's looking for either one HUGE payday or two big ones. He's 37 and definitely, not trying to see 40 in the ring....btw, fighting 1 x a year isn't helping, either.

As far as Kirkland, that's a tricky situation for him...there isn't much $$$ in the Kirkland fight and while he'll gain the respect of boxing fans for taking on a tough cookie, but should he look spectacular, he'll all but shut the door on any chance w/ Floyd or Pac....especially, if he makes Kirk come up to 160.

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Mar 22 2012, 10:18 AM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 22 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

2. Chavez will be damn near 185 on fight night, begging the question: Is this the "before" in a "before and after" photo?

Ha! The "wait until he's too old" strategy. TR, you rule!!

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 22 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #30

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 09:48 AM) *
Whether he chooses to believe that or not, that's EXACTLY what he's doing...subconsciously (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If we want to see this fight, then Chavez will have to dump the Bobfather, which will cost him money if he chooses to do it immediately. If not, then we'll have to wait 'til next summer (when his contract is up), and hopefully Sergio wont be a victim of grandfather time.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 11:37 PM