IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Team Peterson Wants OSDT for the Khan Rematch...
Cshel86
post Mar 21 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

From what I just read, Peterson's team has requested random blood and urine testing for the Khan rematch.

http://www.boxingscene.com/peterson-my-tea...han-bout--50868

It appears that the testing is on mutual grounds, being the fact that Khan made it clear that he "tests year round in the UK". Peterson also made it clear that he just wants to be sure no one comes into the fight with an unfair advantage, and that he wasn't accusing Khan of anything.

In my opinion, Khan still fights like a fuckin' amateur any damn way, so if he comes out there fighting like superman, then I will have my reservations. Luckily, they're going to do random testing, so we wont have to worry about that.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 21 2012, 09:24 AM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

Peterson must've seen the pic of Khan (no, it's not really Khan) runnin' on top of water after drinkin' Ariza's "secret concoction" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

(IMG:http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/3293635_700b.jpg)
Khan, is that you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 21 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Good stuff.

RingTV had this story a few days ago, when they interviewed Amir and his responses were what I like to see. He said that he had no problem with the testing and has done it many times before.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 21 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 21 2012, 02:24 PM) *
Peterson must've seen the pic of Khan (no, it's not really Khan) runnin' on top of water after drinkin' Ariza's "secret concoction" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

(IMG:http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/3293635_700b.jpg)
Khan, is that you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I didn't know they took a picture of me when this happened...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 21 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That picture is funny as shit!!!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 21 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I don't blame him this whole fight team is full of fishy fucks.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 22 2012, 08:26 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Random blood and urine testing should be the norm in boxing. It's obvious that drug testing in boxing has become obsolete. Baseball has stiffer drug testing than boxing. Its a joke really.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Mar 22 2012, 08:35 AM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

Given that Peterson is the one giving Khan such a giant favor, Khan should be willing to kiss Lamont's dick, let alone agreeing to testing. I'm from the subcontinent, but fuck that, I hope Khan gets his ass beat.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 22 2012, 08:36 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

This is a "make or break" fight for both guys. If Khan loses this one, then he will be in the back seat for a little while, though there is still some good fights out there for him.

If Peterson loses, then the same goes for him. He's a free agent, and doesn't have a promoter who will back him up, like Khan does...so Peterson may get the worst of the situation.

From what I was told, Lamont doesn't even have a rematch clause for this fight, so if Khan edges away with the victory, he'll be the bitch that he's known for being, and move forward without looking back (like he did in the Maidana fight).

Besides, he feels he was cheated in the first fight anyway, so he wont face Peterson again if he doesn't have to. He will keep begging for Mayweather, and eventually get his ass kicked by someone else along the way.

With the stakes this high, I would request random testing as well. When desperation kicks in, then comes the mentality of, "Whatever it takes to win"...which sometimes leads to cheating.

Honestly guys, had the first fight been in the UK with Khan edging the decision, and Peterson happened to make a complaint afterwards (though he isn't that type of guy), do you HONESTLY believe that Khan would've given him a rematch?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 22 2012, 09:19 AM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Yeeeeaaaah....this has trilogy written all over it....subsequently, KO'n Khan out any potential fight w/ Floyd.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:04 PM