IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Team Peterson Wants OSDT for the Khan Rematch...
Cshel86
post Mar 22 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 10:19 AM) *
Yeeeeaaaah....this has trilogy written all over it....subsequently, KO'n Khan out any potential fight w/ Floyd.

Yep...Floyd will simply say that Khan went life & death with Lamont, which in his mind, will tell him that Khan is nowhere near ready to fight him...though Lamont's a good fighter.

Trust me, if Khan wins, then it WONT be a trilogy...I can assure you that. Khan's has too much kool-aid running through him, to be in one of those situations. He's big on being a star...that's it. He's not into avenging losses at all.

I say that he's not into avenging losses, because in Khan's mind, this Peterson rematch is simply a do-over. Has he even attempted to avenge the Prescott KO loss? Nope, he just ran to the Wild Card and tried to become a star to cover it all up...like all of the other motherfuckers do when they get beat.

He even went as far as using the Maidana fight to prove that "he has a chin", and that fight was almost a game-blower in the 10th round. He didn't attempt to go back to the guy that initially put him on queer street, which is very telling.

Go to the Wild Card with Roach and become a star, so now he can say that Prescott isn't a big draw. Easy fix...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 22 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #12

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 10:34 AM) *
Trust me, if Khan wins, then it WONT be a trilogy...I can assure you that. Khan's has too much kool-aid running through him, to be in one of those situations. He's big on being a star...that's it. He's not into avenging losses at all.

Go to the Wild Card with Roach and become a star, so now he can say that Prescott isn't a big draw. Easy fix...

True Story. He's not gonna give LP a rematch, especially, if something "dubious" goes on in "Jolly Ol'". It will be interesting to see how battered Bradley will be after the Pac fight. That, IMO, will likely be the easiest fight to make (even though it involves Arum), mainly b/c Arum doesn't really give a "eff" about Bradley or black fighters, in general.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 22 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 11:08 AM) *
True Story. He's not gonna give LP a rematch, especially, if something "dubious" goes on in "Jolly Ol'". It will be interesting to see how battered Bradley will be after the Pac fight. That, IMO, will likely be the easiest fight to make (even though it involves Arum), mainly b/c Arum doesn't really give a "eff" about Bradley or black fighters, in general.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Interesting point of view! Couldn't have said it better myself...

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 22 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 11:12 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Interesting point of view! Couldn't have said it better myself...

I mean, I don't usually dwell upon the "race" thing, as I think it was what it is...but in the case w/ Arum, it is he, who is infamous for the line, "Black fighters can draw flies to shit"

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 22 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 09:36 AM) *
This is a "make or break" fight for both guys. If Khan loses this one, then he will be in the back seat for a little while, though there is still some good fights out there for him.

If Peterson loses, then the same goes for him. He's a free agent, and doesn't have a promoter who will back him up, like Khan does...so Peterson may get the worst of the situation.

From what I was told, Lamont doesn't even have a rematch clause for this fight, so if Khan edges away with the victory, he'll be the bitch that he's known for being, and move forward without looking back (like he did in the Maidana fight).

Besides, he feels he was cheated in the first fight anyway, so he wont face Peterson again if he doesn't have to. He will keep begging for Mayweather, and eventually get his ass kicked by someone else along the way.

With the stakes this high, I would request random testing as well. When desperation kicks in, then comes the mentality of, "Whatever it takes to win"...which sometimes leads to cheating.

Honestly guys, had the first fight been in the UK with Khan edging the decision, and Peterson happened to make a complaint afterwards (though he isn't that type of guy), do you HONESTLY believe that Khan would've given him a rematch?

Exactly and hell no.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2012, 10:34 AM) *
Yep...Floyd will simply say that Khan went life & death with Lamont, which in his mind, will tell him that Khan is nowhere near ready to fight him...though Lamont's a good fighter.

I say that he's not into avenging losses, because in Khan's mind, this Peterson rematch is simply a do-over. Has he even attempted to avenge the Prescott KO loss? Nope, he just ran to the Wild Card and tried to become a star to cover it all up...like all of the other motherfuckers do when they get beat.

He even went as far as using the Maidana fight to prove that "he has a chin", and that fight was almost a game-blower in the 10th round. He didn't attempt to go back to the guy that initially put him on queer street, which is very telling.

Exactly! I was gon' mention the Prescott KO to further clarify your point, but you beat me to it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 22 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 22 2012, 11:26 AM) *
I mean, I don't usually dwell upon the "race" thing, as I think it was what it is...but in the case w/ Arum, it is he, who is infamous for the line, "Black fighters can draw flies to shit"

As history shows us, he hasn't done will with African American fighters...well, recent history anyway.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 22 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

While I definitely do completely understand why some people hate Khan, I think we may be selling him short a little bit. If he beats Peterson in less than convincing fashion, I think he would give him a rematch. Let's be honest, it was suprisingly nobel that he fought Peterson to begin with; in his own backyard at that. Whether it be cockiness or whatever, most fighters in his position wouldn't have fought Peterson; especially in a less than famous boxing city. I used to really like Khan, then he got bold and my opinion of him went south. I gained a little back when I watched the Pacman vs Marquez fight through a UK stream. He was part of the commentary. Where he coudl have been pro-Manny biased, he unwillingly kept it real. He said Manny lost the fight. He even said Manny should consider hanging it up because he's been lookng very ordinary in fights and agaisnt him in sparring.I think Khan has a lot of the whole Roach family blood running through him, but at the end of the day, he still respects the sport to some extent.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 22 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

lol if Khan wins he'll be like, "See I told you so, I got just cheated! Fight me, Floyd!"

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 22 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

i pissed myself laughing when khan claimed he had the best chin in the UK...

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 22 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #20

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 22 2012, 02:44 PM) *
While I definitely do completely understand why some people hate Khan, I think we may be selling him short a little bit. If he beats Peterson in less than convincing fashion, I think he would give him a rematch. Let's be honest, it was suprisingly nobel that he fought Peterson to begin with; in his own backyard at that. Whether it be cockiness or whatever, most fighters in his position wouldn't have fought Peterson; especially in a less than famous boxing city. I used to really like Khan, then he got bold and my opinion of him went south. I gained a little back when I watched the Pacman vs Marquez fight through a UK stream. He was part of the commentary. Where he coudl have been pro-Manny biased, he unwillingly kept it real. He said Manny lost the fight. He even said Manny should consider hanging it up because he's been lookng very ordinary in fights and agaisnt him in sparring.I think Khan has a lot of the whole Roach family blood running through him, but at the end of the day, he still respects the sport to some extent.

As a man that watched the UK stream, I have to co-sign the bold. People with that trait are a rare breed. Robert Garcia (yes, the trainer) leads the pack.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:17 AM