IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Biggest Pet Peeves in Boxing..., Name 'em...
Cshel86
post Mar 24 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Biggest one of all...fighters not making weight! Hate it! Seriously, how could all of those m*therf*ckers in your camp sit around and ignore the fact that you're weight is not where it's supposed to be before the weigh in.

When this shit happens, everyone has to come to a halt and go back to the drawing board. The first thing to go, is the title (if the fighter has one), then comes the fines. If the weight is ridiculous, then the shit gets called off. Now that leave the opponent with a last minute replacement, which is more than likely a tomato can.

A fighter not making weight is almost equivalent to not being able to get it up in the bedroom. You do all of this chasing, talk all of this shit, and whatever else is done before you get her in the bed...then BOOM...nothing happens because your shit aint together. You get time to get it together, but if you cant...then the party is over. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 24 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #22

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 11:13 AM) *
Biggest one of all...fighters not making weight! Hate it! Seriously, how could all of those m*therf*ckers in your camp sit around and ignore the fact that you're weight is not where it's supposed to be before the weigh in.

When this shit happens, everyone has to come to a halt and go back to the drawing board. The first thing to go, is the title (if the fighter has one), then comes the fines. If the weight is ridiculous, then the shit gets called off. Now that leave the opponent with a last minute replacement, which is more than likely a tomato can.

A fighter not making weight is almost equivalent to not being able to get it up in the bedroom. You do all of this chasing, talk all of this shit, and whatever else is done before you get her in the bed...then BOOM...nothing happens because your shit aint together. You get time to get it together, but if you cant...then the party is over. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Best analogy, EVER! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I co-sign this entire post, though.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Mar 24 2012, 12:49 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 24 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 24 2012, 01:48 PM) *
Best analogy, EVER! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I co-sign this entire post, though.

That shit is the worst! Every failed attempt on the scale just adds insult to injury. That's like her giving you time to "bounce back" and its just not your night. Just be glad the lights are out though...in El Terrible's case, not so much...there were thousands of people watching him go life and death with the scale. Im not even sure if he tried more than twice...embarrassing...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

1. larry merchant

2. jim lampley

3. max kellerman

4. top rank and their bullshit

5. fighters ducking other fighters

6. fans making excuses for other fighters

7. texas athletic commission

8. judges who constantly get it wrong and the commissions that use them

9. biased referees

10. non-disclosed contract stipulations

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 30 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2012, 07:57 PM) *
1. larry merchant

2. jim lampley

3. max kellerman

4. top rank and their bullshit

5. fighters ducking other fighters

6. fans making excuses for other fighters

7. texas athletic commission

8. judges who constantly get it wrong and the commissions that use them

9. biased referees

10. non-disclosed contract stipulations

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I can roll with all of these, with the exception of #3...Max aint that bad (in my opinion).

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 30 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 07:51 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I can roll with all of these, with the exception of #3...Max aint that bad (in my opinion).

i could go on...but i'll leave it at this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 30 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 30 2012, 07:54 PM) *
i could go on...but i'll leave it at this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Continue! That's what the thread is for! I had the thread pinned at the top of the board last week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 30 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

i won't name any names...but a very prominent referee from nevada is very full of shit.

he ref'ed a fight not too long ago and was clearly biased. fighter A was bull rushing with his head into fighter B.

ref warns fighter A once and fighter A continues to use the same tactic landing several headbutts.

fighter B complains to the ref and gets warnings for pulling on fighter A's head. he side steps to avoid the head and as a result fighter A's head ends up under fighter B's arm pit more than once.

the ref takes a point from fighter B. fighter A continues to butt with no warning. fighter B lands several uppercuts...but it doesn't deter fighter A from sticking to the plan.

the ref threatens fighter B with disqualification.

fight is over.

fighter A wins despite not really landing too many clean shots and using dirty tactics throughout the fight.

after the fight is over....and everyone is leaving the arena....fighter B and his coach happen to be walking by fighter A and this well known ref from the state of nevada when fighter B overhears the ref tell fighter A "i knew you could win. i was pulling for you the whole time!" not realizing fighter B was standing directly behind the ref as he said this to fighter A, the ref has a look of shock when he sees fighter B step into their small circle. fighter B has a look on his face that can only be described as total disgust in what he just witnessed/heard. fighter B plays the bigger man and congratulates fighter A and walks away.

i guess this one could have been under #9 but i just felt the need to get this off my chest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 30 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Dammit Professor...which fight was THIS? Was it a tournament? Im fuckin' dyin' to know! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
haqtiq
post Mar 30 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #30

Amateur

Member No.: 13,586

What's up guys, good to finally be able to communicate with you all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Anywho, Here's a short list of my peeves in boxing for right now :

1. After watching a few Mayweather fights broadcasted via HBO, then watching a few via Sky Sports (Youtube)... Why do they treat that man like that on HBO, he's an HBO fighter yet gets next to zero credit for anything he does in the ring, they are hungry for a knockout, or a brawl every round, unlike the Sky gents they seem to gravitate more towards the sweet science, and see Mayweather for the phenom he is.

2. Old ass judges, excuse me if swearing isn't allowed, but these judges used to ride the backs of dinosaurs while picking prehistoric coconuts out of palm trees. Judging.. so easy a caveman could do it randomly pops in my head. Anyway... WHY? What exactly is wrong with having some youth to "see" fights? Unbiased 30-40-50 year olds. I'm 31 and I love my current job, but by god I know I could be a better judge than these current geezers.

3. Number 3 isn't huge but it ties to number 2, Old Refs... It's not as bad as it was becoming but it's still out there. Again what's wrong with a little youth as far as observing the fight as the 3rd man? I honestly don't know why.

4. This is my last for now.. But finally The boxer's GF's/Wives... Why do we need to see them? What purpose does it have to show me say.. Oscar's hot ass wife during a fight? Or, show me Mayweather's melted chocolate faced grandmother (nothing wrong with Bernice btw.) Why do we have to see them in the heat of the action... "Yea Hatton's Mum hates coming to fights, look at the look of distress on her face as her son gets pounded", I'm like jeez man, don't show his mother right now... you're making ME feel bad Hatton is getting whooped by the look on his mothers face!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:32 AM