IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Biggest Pet Peeves in Boxing..., Name 'em...
Slumpage
post Aug 7 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #61

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2012, 01:31 PM) *
wtf is a waka flocka!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This is a Waka Flocka...

(IMG:http://www.bet.com/news/music/2012/05/18/waka-flocka-flame-covers-xxl/_jcr_content/articleText/textwithinlinemedia/image.custom300x0.dimg/051812-music-waka-flocka-xxl-cover.jpg)

apparently...

Even dogs know him, your clearly slipping Prof, lol!

This post has been edited by Slumpage: Aug 7 2012, 07:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 8 2012, 08:04 AM
Post #62

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Aug 7 2012, 08:40 PM) *

THIS...THIS needs to stay as far away from the sport as long as possible...or at least until the sport experiences a decent recovery to the general public. I dont mind guys like 50 Cent (who the world knows) to perform at the events, because he's a crossover artist, but not this guy. I listen to some of his music, but that whole persona/lifestyle is another blow to the sport.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Aug 8 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #63

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 8 2012, 08:04 AM) *
THIS...THIS needs to stay as far away from the sport as long as possible...or at least until the sport experiences a decent recovery to the general public. I dont mind guys like 50 Cent (who the world knows) to perform at the events, because he's a crossover artist, but not this guy. I listen to some of his music, but that whole persona/lifestyle is another blow to the sport.

I have no real idea who he is. Prob heard a song of his before, but couldn't name one. What does he represent that's so detrimental to the sport? I just assumed he was one of those "South" rappers with big basslines and a funny accent. Plus i'm getting older now, so whenever I don't know an artist, I just assume they're "big with the kids" or something if they get brought to my attention. With that Nickelodeon type name, I just assumed Waka was in that category...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 8 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #64

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Aug 8 2012, 11:34 AM) *
I have no real idea who he is. Prob heard a song of his before, but couldn't name one. What does he represent that's so detrimental to the sport? I just assumed he was one of those "South" rappers with big basslines and a funny accent. Plus i'm getting older now, so whenever I don't know an artist, I just assume they're "big with the kids" or something if they get brought to my attention. With that Nickelodeon type name, I just assumed Waka was in that category...

You asked the right question in, "what does he represent?". Dude is a gang member (wide open), of course Im sure some fighters were involved in the streets and such, before their career picked up. I just felt like that was killing music anyway, so there's no need for a rapper like that to be involved in boxing, which is dying a slow death. Of course people know that 50 Cent was involved in gang shit, but hell, dude is one of the richest hip-hop artists/entrepreneurs/etc.

Anyhow, Waka Flaka lives near the area that I live and he's highly known, and had a couple of big songs out. Nothing for me to make a big deal, and I sorta feel dumb talking about him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Aug 11 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #65

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,998

New fans.
Bob Arum.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Aug 12 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #66

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Not sure if anyone else said this, if so, sorry for unwittingly biting. My biggest pet peeve is...

Literally: Dan Rafael

Figuratively: Dan Rafael

Nah, not completely, but some opportunities to make a bad joke just have to be taken.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:18 PM