IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weekend in Boxing -"Super" vs. "the Iceman",, "El Terrible" vs. "Swift", "Mandingo Warrior"
checkleft
post Mar 23 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

The Judah Paris fight could be very good. And I'm interested to see how kirkland looks against molina. The Garcia fight will be good
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 24 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #12

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I think Garcia is going to test Morales but I believe Morales will prevail when it's all said and done.

The Kirkland-Molina fight will be very good as well. Molina will need to fight smart if he's going to have a chance to win. I think he should box Kirkland and show him some lateral movement. All in all I think Kirkland will eventually stop Molina in the middle rounds

I'm going with Zab. The only thing I see that Paris has going for him is the work he does to the body, but I re-watched the fight and it wasn't as devastating as I originally thought. Zab usually has trouble with the upper echelon fighters, which Paris not and I don't think he'll ever be. I just can't see a way that Paris beats him. If he loses to Paris then he should retire, because for me that will prove he's washed up

He lost to Baldomir.. hardly upper ecehlon...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 24 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:55 AM) *
He lost to Baldomir.. hardly upper ecehlon...

I see you still talkin shit. Stop dickriding dude and give me facts. You ain't never told me ONCE why Pariis would beat Jim. If he does beat Zab then Zab should definitely retire, that's how low in regard I hold him. But I don't see it and I explained my points. Get the nuts out your mouth and stop swallowing

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 24 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #14

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I think Garcia is going to test Morales but I believe Morales will prevail when it's all said and done.

The Kirkland-Molina fight will be very good as well. Molina will need to fight smart if he's going to have a chance to win. I think he should box Kirkland and show him some lateral movement. All in all I think Kirkland will eventually stop Molina in the middle rounds

I'm going with Zab. The only thing I see that Paris has going for him is the work he does to the body, but I re-watched the fight and it wasn't as devastating as I originally thought. Zab usually has trouble with the upper echelon fighters, which Paris not and I don't think he'll ever be. I just can't see a way that Paris beats him. If he loses to Paris then he should retire, because for me that will prove he's washed up

I don't know, man. The weight could be an issue for Morales. Although he (intentionally) came in 2 lbs over the limit, he still looks sloppy and that could possibly slow him down, which would work to Garcia's advantage. As far as the Kirkland fight goes, I have it as a toss-up, 'cause Kirkland always presents me with a sour, "how in da fuck did he let that happen?" moment in a lot of his fights. It's to the point where I almost always expect him to fuck up (big) before he decides to turn it up a notch.

Zab and Paris' fight may be more competitive than you think. Paris does good body work, even if it's not devastatin'. We all know how Zab abandons his gameplan once his body is touched. Unless he has a newfound discipline, I don't see him maintainin' his gameplan if his body gets touched. If Paris gets in enough shots to the body, Zab will probably fold like he did against Khan and Mayweather (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif) . All that bein' said, I still say the odds are in Zab's favor. Don't be surprised if Paris gets the victory, though.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 24 2012, 07:26 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Box you are wild man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Honestly...with the Garcia/Morales fight, you're right...it is a toss up. Both of them didn't look all that great in their last fights, but if I had to go with the lesser of two evils...Garcia looked a bit better in his last fight.

Im not sure the weight will hurt Morales, being the fact that he didn't have to go any further out of his way to shed weight. NOW, if he attempted to shed those 2 lbs, then it would be safe to say that the weight would be an issue tonight.

Kirkland seems to be one of those guys in street fights, that need to get hit real good or knocked down, before he actually warms up to the action. That's just based off of his recent performance against Angulo. The Ishida fight was clearly a case of conditioning and being tested (with bad conditioning) after a long layoff.

If Vernon doesn't floor Judah, then he wont gain much from this fight tonight. Khan didn't get any points off of beating Judah, because Zab went into 5th gear with downplaying it after the fight was over.

So, if Vernon doesn't "Cotto" Zab tonight, then he wont get much credit. Judah gets nothing from winning this fight, other than another opportunity to fuck up on the big stage afterwards.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 24 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #16

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2012, 08:26 PM) *
Box you are wild man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Honestly...with the Garcia/Morales fight, you're right...it is a toss up. Both of them didn't look all that great in their last fights, but if I had to go with the lesser of two evils...Garcia looked a bit better in his last fight.

Im not sure the weight will hurt Morales, being the fact that he didn't have to go any further out of his way to shed weight. NOW, if he attempted to shed those 2 lbs, then it would be safe to say that the weight would be an issue tonight.

Kirkland seems to be one of those guys in street fights, that need to get hit real good or knocked down, before he actually warms up to the action. That's just based off of his recent performance against Angulo. The Ishida fight was clearly a case of conditioning and being tested (with bad conditioning) after a long layoff.

If Vernon doesn't floor Judah, then he wont gain much from this fight tonight. Khan didn't get any points off of beating Judah, because Zab went into 5th gear with downplaying it after the fight was over.

So, if Vernon doesn't "Cotto" Zab tonight, then he wont get much credit. Judah gets nothing from winning this fight, other than another opportunity to fuck up on the big stage afterwards.

Just look at him, though. I've never seen him look so out of shape and sloppy. He really is an eye soar. As far as the bold part goes, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 24 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 24 2012, 06:18 PM) *
I don't know, man. The weight could be an issue for Morales. Although he (intentionally) came in 2 lbs over the limit, he still looks sloppy and that could possibly slow him down, which would work to Garcia's advantage. As far as the Kirkland fight goes, I have it as a toss-up, 'cause Kirkland always presents me with a sour, "how in da fuck did he let that happen?" moment in a lot of his fights. It's to the point where I almost always expect him to fuck up (big) before he decides to turn it up a notch.

Zab and Paris' fight may be more competitive than you think. Paris does good body work, even if it's not devastatin'. We all know how Zab abandons his gameplan once his body is touched. Unless he has a newfound discipline, I don't see him maintainin' his gameplan if his body gets touched. If Paris gets in enough shots to the body, Zab will probably fold like he did against Khan and Mayweather (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif) . All that bein' said, I still say the odds are in Zab's favor. Don't be surprised if Paris gets the victory, though.

I believe that about Morales, I think he chose the wrong opponent to do that against in Garcia. As far as Kirkland goes, it's like he waits til he hits the canvas to start getting into his rhythm, I still think he beats Molina but he's going to need some consistent pressure to pull it off. I don't think Zab will walk over Vernon, I don't see him blowing too many fighters out of the water at this stage in his career. But i do believe if Zab can somehow neutralize Vernon's body work hen he'll win the fight. That and provided he actually pulls the trigger. If he doesn't do that then Paris will go to the body and come right back up top like he usually does. Your right, the advantages seem to be in Zab's favor and I have him winning but Paris is a game fighter

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 25 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #18

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 24 2012, 06:22 PM) *
I see you still talkin shit. Stop dickriding dude and give me facts. You ain't never told me ONCE why Pariis would beat Jim. If he does beat Zab then Zab should definitely retire, that's how low in regard I hold him. But I don't see it and I explained my points. Get the nuts out your mouth and stop swallowing

One reason I gave if you paid attention instead of trying to be a TOUGH TALKING MOTHERFUCKING IMP...AS ZAB BENG SHOT AD PARIS BODY WORK... ALSO ZAB NOT BEING ABLE TO GET OFF AND LET HIS HANDS GO. I was not alone in my analysis
NUTS IN MY MOUTH and swallow??? LMAO UNNECESSARY but I understand.. YOU R PRODUCT OF DEGENERATIVE HIP HOP FILTH
Good call on THE FIGHT YOU CHI TOWN MOTHERFUCKER!!!

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 25 2012, 03:37 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 01:33 AM