IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In Which Fight Did Mayweather Display...
BoxingFan86
post Mar 23 2012, 12:28 AM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

In which fight did Mayweather display his best defense? Technically speakin', his fight against Marquez tops the list, but as far as watchin' the defense in action (and actually bein' entertained by it) goes, I'd have to say it's a toss-up between his fight against Jesus Chavez or his fight against Phillip Ndou. Those fights were truly amazin'.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Mar 23 2012, 03:10 AM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

I think the shane mosely to be honest

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 23 2012, 06:16 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 22 2012, 09:28 PM) *
In which fight did Mayweather display his best defense? Technically speakin', his fight against Marquez tops the list, but as far as watchin' the defense in action (and actually bein' entertained by it) goes, I'd have to say it's a toss-up between his fight against Jesus Chavez or his fight against Phillip Ndou. Those fights were truly amazin'.

Ndou for sure. He was taller, good record, great ko %. Floyd was so good Jim Lampley had to start calling punches for Ndou that wasnt there.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 23 2012, 08:15 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 23 2012, 07:16 AM) *
Ndou for sure. He was taller, good record, great ko %. Floyd was so good Jim Lampley had to start calling punches for Ndou that wasnt there.

Lol @ Lampley. Yea I'd have to say it was a mix between the Ndou fight and the Marquez fight. There was a point in the Marquez fight where I thought he wasn't going to land a punch in some of the rounds. Marquez was P4P #2 in the world and at one point I think his connect % was like 8. This is a future HOFer we're talking about. I would throw Baldomir in there too but that is probably the only Mayweather fight where I was lactually bored. Baldomir was sooooooo sloooooooow. Which is why I laugh when I here people say Floyd is scared to fight Magarito.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 23 2012, 08:26 AM
Post #5

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

LMAO...

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 23 2012, 08:49 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Diego Corrales, Zab Judah (he got knocked early but the way he adjusted was amazing), Gatti ( could not hit him), and Justin Juuko, and Carlos Rios.

Now his toughest fight hands down Emmanuel Burton! That guy kept coming forward.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 23 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #7

Featherweight

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 23 2012, 09:15 AM) *
Lol @ Lampley. Yea I'd have to say it was a mix between the Ndou fight and the Marquez fight. There was a point in the Marquez fight where I thought he wasn't going to land a punch in some of the rounds. Marquez was P4P #2 in the world and at one point I think his connect % was like 8. This is a future HOFer we're talking about. I would throw Baldomir in there too but that is probably the only Mayweather fight where I was lactually bored. Baldomir was sooooooo sloooooooow. Which is why I laugh when I here people say Floyd is scared to fight Magarito.

The Marquez fight goes without question, but the performance Mayweather put on against Jesus Chavez is just ridiculous (in a good way). The shoulder roll defense was Grade A, the accurate counters, the toe-to-toe attacks, etc... The fight was just beautiful. For those of you that missed it, here are some highlights from that fight.

Check out the defense, especially when he was on the ropes. It's an amazin' thing to see.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Mar 23 2012, 09:44 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 23 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Aside from the above mentioned bouts, I liked his defense in the Hector Arroyo and the Henry Bruseles fights...though he was mostly offensive in those fights.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Mar 23 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

I would have to say the Corrales fight. I cant remember Diego landing a single flush significant punch.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 23 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #10

Featherweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:12 AM) *
Aside from the above mentioned bouts, I liked his defense in the Hector Arroyo and the Henry Bruseles fights...though he was mostly offensive in those fights.

That's why I just shake my head when I hear people (mainly casual boxin' fans) say shit like, "Mayweather can't press the attack. He doesn't have any offense." After what Floyd did to Gatti, you'd think the casual boxin' fans would no longer use that "he has no offense" argument, but nope... their ignorance prevails. Versatility is an great attribute to have, but most ignorant people (fans in this case) don't know anything about that. Hell, I've seen Mayweather fight in a southpaw stance before and land the left better than most natural southpaws. If that's not offensive versatility, then I don't know what is.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 08:19 PM