IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In Which Fight Did Mayweather Display...
Franchize
post Mar 23 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

You wnna talk about commentators making up phantom landed punches? Listen to the commentary during the Chavez fight. They were making it seem like Floyd was losing lol I've never seen one man (Chavez) get hit with so many uppercuts in my life.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 23 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #12

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 23 2012, 11:42 AM) *
You wnna talk about commentators making up phantom landed punches? Listen to the commentary during the Chavez fight. They were making it seem like Floyd was losing lol I've never seen one man (Chavez) get hit with so many uppercuts in my life.

Don't even get me started on that. Re-visitin' this fight kinda reminds me of Jim Lampley's unwarranted "BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!!" moment durin' the Pacquiao-Clottey fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 23 2012, 11:00 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 23 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Don't even get me started on that. Re-visitin' this fight kinda reminds me of Jim Lampley's unwarranted "BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!!" moment durin' the Pacquiao-Clottey fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

Oh God...let's not forget how he made Pacquiao appear as if he had the uncanny ability to clone himself in the last Marquez fight. He basically had us thinking that Pacquiao could be in about 4 places in one breath. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 23 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

To me, Mayweather Marquez is the best display of defense EVER. Shit was ridiculous !!! Chavez fight is one of the future classics in my book. Its in my TOP 5 of all fighs I have seen.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 23 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #15

Featherweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 23 2012, 11:42 AM) *

Imagine if that fight were broadcasted on the radio only. We'd think Mayweather was in danger of losin' the fight by a landslide (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2012, 12:00 PM) *
Oh God...let's not forget how he made Pacquiao appear as if he had the uncanny ability to clone himself in the last Marquez fight. He basically had us thinking that Pacquiao could be in about 4 places in one breath. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 23 2012, 12:54 PM) *
To me, Mayweather Marquez is the best display of defense EVER. Shit was ridiculous !!! Chavez fight is one of the future classics in my book. Its in my TOP 5 of all fighs I have seen.

Yeah, that's why I didn't even have to mention that 1, really. We all know that's #1. Up until that point, I had never seen anything like it.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Mar 23 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #16

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

the Ndou fight for me. I hated mayweather until that fight. Had to give the boy his respect and then i became a fan. that pullback counter 3 right hands that dropped Ndou was a thing of beauty.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 23 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #17

Featherweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Mar 23 2012, 03:07 PM) *
the Ndou fight for me. I hated mayweather until that fight. Had to give the boy his respect and then i became a fan. that pullback counter 3 right hands that dropped Ndou was a thing of beauty.

That's exactly how I was when it came to Kelly Pavlik. I was just an observer (not yet a fan), 'til he bodied my boy, Jermain Taylor. I haaaaaaated that shit, plus I had money on that fight, which made me hate Pavlik even more. It's funny, 'cause he made me hate him, respect his fight game, and become a fan all at once.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 23 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

I forgot about the Hatton fight. Floyd showed tremendous defense and counter punching under pressure in that fight. Being able to out fight a brawler on the inside and stay discipline enough to keep his defense tight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 23 2012, 02:49 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

My personal favorite is the dlh fight, he landed a lot of short counters on the inside that nearly knocked dlh down a few times that the judges obviously missed.

Aside from that the ndou Jesus chavez and marquez are up there.

To me the mosley fight should be ranked up there, anyone else that would have taken those shots would not have caught the punch and held on. He also kept his legs and balance to keep himself up when anyone else's knee would have touched. And after that he showed his cat like reflexes and countering ability and didn't get tagged with anything of remote significance.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Mar 23 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #20

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (mrwigi @ Mar 23 2012, 10:14 AM) *
I would have to say the Corrales fight. I cant remember Diego landing a single flush significant punch.

I think he was blazing fast in the Corrales fight but his best defensive was Marquez.

I don't no how Floyd's hands took all that punishment from Chavez's chin.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:51 AM