IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In Which Fight Did Mayweather Display...
Franchize
post Mar 27 2012, 07:45 AM
Post #31

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 26 2012, 09:44 PM) *
when u take into consideration that jmm is a counterpuncher more so than an aggressive come forward guy....i have to go with floyds performance against chavez for his greatest display of defense. 2nd best maybe against jlc 2 or hatton. corrales wasn't himself in that fight...so he really didn't test floyds defense imo. brusselles and ndou don't register because neither were on the level of the previous mentioned fighters.

as for rjj's "brilliant performance" against paz. i can't sign off on that because paz was a lightweight waaaaay past his prime and best fighting weight and an accident that almost ended his career. glen who?

Was Corrales not himself maybe because Floyd beat it out of him? lol

R.I.P. Corrales of course
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 27 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #32

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 27 2012, 08:45 AM) *

Some people say it was a result of outside distractions. When it comes to discreditin' Floyd as a dominant force, any excuse will do, I suppose.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 27 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 27 2012, 07:45 AM) *

that fight wasn't a brilliant display of defense by floyd...it was a brilliant display of his offense if anything. i've heard rumors that they withdrew blood from him to make weight and replaced it afterwards. not sure how true those rumors are...but he did nothing but follow floyd around in that fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 27 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 27 2012, 02:33 PM) *
Some people say it was a result of outside distractions. When it comes to discreditin' Floyd as a dominant force, any excuse will do, I suppose.

it's not an attempt to discredit floyd. it's taking things into consideration....such as floyds bad shoulder in the first fight with jose luis castillo. that isn't taking anything away from jlc...it's just a contributing factor.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 28 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #35

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 27 2012, 04:47 PM) *
it's not an attempt to discredit floyd. it's taking things into consideration....such as floyds bad shoulder in the first fight with jose luis castillo. that isn't taking anything away from jlc...it's just a contributing factor.

Outside distractions (mental) and physical distractions are 2 different things, though. The mental part shouldn't have been a factor to begin with.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 28 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 28 2012, 06:24 PM) *
Outside distractions (mental) and physical distractions are 2 different things, though. The mental part shouldn't have been a factor to begin with.

i thought i responded to this already? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

i never said it was mental. i think it was physical. as i mentioned in another post, i believe the story about him having trouble making weight. there was talk about him draining blood from his body to make weight...then replacing it. the other thing was he ate prior to stepping in the ring. that is a no-no and could have been a contributing factor. but again...floyd put on an offensive display in that fight...not a defensive display.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 05:26 PM