IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Molina-Kirkland Compuclinch, 118 (You Tube Video)
du365
post Mar 25 2012, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,129

Thanks to John Chavez at the Boxingtruth-

Behold this youtube video is not for the weak at heart, our beloved sport is being urinated on in the following video below;

Molina should be placed in cryofreeze for what he did last night.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 25 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

that shit was disgusting, but a lot of fighters do it, bradley, devon alexander vs maidana, bhop its just something thats been less and less enforced in recent years, since they think there fighting on the inside, but there really not.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 26 2012, 02:24 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Dude, I was saying this about Alexander. Truth of the matter is deal with it. Hopkins does this to death, mayweather is also very good at the 1 punch clinch. If the other fighter don't like it punch out of it. Angulo punches out of it I've seem Bradley do it too.

The real story here is how molina was making kirkland look like shit because he's a freaking sucker for the right hand. If molina had a tad bit more power I have no doubt that kirkland would have been out of there way.earlier. this was a bad match up for him from the start, so don't blame the clinching

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 26 2012, 07:22 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

am not blaming the result on it, kirtkland should of adjusted i just think it's bullshit that this is what the sport is about, sure fighters that never clinch when there hurt are just idiots taking damage that doesnt need to happen, but the growing number of fighters that do it is just bullshit, and damages the image of the sport when we get some snooze fests

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 26 2012, 08:46 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I have no problems with Molina doing it. I have problems with the referee not saying anything. Castillo, Hatton, Ward use this tactic successfully so I have no problems with them using it to their advantage. But when you're holding and not mounting an offense, that's when it gets to be a bit much. Molina was literally clamping down on Kirkland's arm, dragging him to the ropes, THEN deciding, hey...let me hit this guy. That doesn't belong in boxing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 26 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I agree with Checkleft, in regards to Kirkland just being a sucker for a right hand. Had Molina had more pop, Kirkland would have been on his ass or it would've forced him to retaliate with his own shots (out of urgency and the fact that he could easily be floored if he takes another punch from Carlos).

The saddest part is, Kirkland had this naive sense of confidence in the ref, hoping that he would warn Molina about clinching and leading with his head. Oh yeah, that leading with the head BS was dead obvious.

So yes, the clinches pissed me off, but Kirkland's inability to catch Molina coming in, was even more annoying. I mean seriously, Molina would come in several times with his head down, but that slow ass uppercut by James was off.

Dude (James) just seems too damn muscular, and it apparently killed his chances of landing a meaningful punch, along with the fact that his timing was nonexistent. Clinching or not...Molina was busy as shit, and the look on Kirkland's face told the story. The flow of the match was equivalent to a drunk man chasing a mouse in a dim lit room (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 26 2012, 08:54 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 26 2012, 09:48 AM) *
I agree with Checkleft, in regards to Kirkland just being a sucker for a right hand. Had Molina had more pop, Kirkland would have been on his ass or it would've forced him to retaliate with his own shots (out of urgency and the fact that he could easily be floored if he takes another punch from Carlos).

The saddest part is, Kirkland had this naive sense of confidence in the ref, hoping that he would warn Molina about clinching and leading with his head. Oh yeah, that leading with the head BS was dead obvious.

So yes, the clinches pissed me off, but Kirkland's inability to catch Molina coming in, was even more annoying. I mean seriously, Molina would come in several times with his head down, but that slow ass uppercut by James was off.

Dude (James) just seems too damn muscular, and it apparently killed his chances of landing a meaningful punch, along with the fact that his timing was nonexistent. Clinching or not...Molina was busy as shit, and the look on Kirkland's face told the story. The flow of the match was equivalent to a drunk man chasing a mouse in a dim lit room (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I didn't think it was muscles. He actually looked bigger to me in the Angulo fight. I thought he came out too dry. No type of sweat or water on him. He looked drained. He wasn't bending his knees and he was walking on his heels like a tired fighter from round 1. That being said, in my opinion, his biggest weakness that night was Anne Wolf's strategy. Why she decided to pick the night he's in there with a slick fighter to start trying to out box people is beyond me. Then, her exclamation that he was "slick as hell" midway thru the fight, not only engraged me but seemed to have Kirkland looking like "no shit. now what should I do?"

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 26 2012, 09:17 AM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 26 2012, 09:54 AM) *
I didn't think it was muscles. He actually looked bigger to me in the Angulo fight. I thought he came out too dry. No type of sweat or water on him. He looked drained. He wasn't bending his knees and he was walking on his heels like a tired fighter from round 1. That being said, in my opinion, his biggest weakness that night was Anne Wolf's strategy. Why she decided to pick the night he's in there with a slick fighter to start trying to out box people is beyond me. Then, her exclamation that he was "slick as hell" midway thru the fight, not only engraged me but seemed to have Kirkland looking like "no shit. now what should I do?"

I agree...he was dry as hell. It made me think, "Did he just get outta a cab?" I, too, found it idiotic a brawler chose to attempt to out box a boxer. I've always had a fundamental problem of guys who clinch in order to NOT get hit. I understand if you get "rocked" a clinch for survival, but you start in Rd. 1? GTFOH!!! I remember watching Molina clinch and move Kirkland LITERALLY across the ring and the ref didn't do shit. Which is really surprising when I read Danny's FB post about Molina neutralized Kirkland's offense. It was even more surprising when I remembered how he and many on this board co-signed the ref penalizing Khan for pushing during his fight w/ Peterson. IMO, they're both BS strategies to use.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 26 2012, 09:45 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 26 2012, 09:54 AM) *

Dude is just too damn big to be boxing anyway, and of course thats just my opinion. I mean Holyfield is muscular as all get-out, but his boxing skills make up for it. This clearly isn't the case for James, and I've NEVER considered him to be a good boxer, so yes that "boxing" strategy was poo poo.

The only time James appears to be boxing well, is when he already has his opponent hurt (especially in the Angulo fight). Who doesn't have a great jab, head movement, footwork, etc. when their opponent is on queer street for consecutive rounds?

It's a scary thought when I still hear people making these dream matches that involve Kirkland and somebody near an elite status (shot or not), based off the strength of his punching power and lawn mower fighting style..after he hurts you.

We all saw how James fights when he cant land that "big punch", and Wolfe's strategy serve no purpose for him at all...it's like he was new to the whole idea of boxing.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 26 2012, 10:17 AM) *
It made me think, "Did he just get outta a cab?"

As flat-footed as he was, I was thinking, "Did he just get outta a cab, after a 2-for-1 special at the bar?" Dude's had platypus feet the whole time, but he fights like that anyway. As big as he is, Im sure that bouncing around on his toes would tire him out quicker than the average fighter.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 26 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I'm more a Molina fan than I am Kirkland, so that is my bias.

But I thought Molina's strategy was brilliant. He totally took Kirkland out of his game plan and fought a momentum fighter just like you should: throw punches just before your opponent is going to, clinch to prevent retaliation and cause fatigue, wash - rinse - repeat and the brawler is gonna get real frustrated.

With that said, considering the front page article suggesting Kirkland was dehydrated, Molina might not be so successful in a potential rematch. Especially if a referee controls the fight and is not so indifferent to holding.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:23 AM