Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rev Dr. Michael E. Dyson Interviewing FW
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 26 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

There have only been three interviews in my life that I was excited to see this is number 4. Rev. Dr. Michael Eric Dyson is going to interview Floyd Mayweather on HBO in April. Dr. Dyson former Professor of Harvard and Univ. Penn and is at Georgetown Univ. will do a great job. He is from Detroit and this man does not ask easy questions. His debate with Dr. Cornell West was OUTSTANDING. I wonder what kind of questions will be asked. I hope Floyd take this opportunity to really show Floyd Mayweather and not the personality. I am sure Dr. Dyson will ask him about his jail sentence, relationship with his dad and other hot topics. Who ever thought of this gets two thumbs way up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 28 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I will watch the interview strictly as a fan of boxing and of Floyd Mayweather. But I do not like Dyson because in my opinion he's full of shit. He's an opportunist who uses his degrees to act as if he knows everything. He got his "big break" by writing that terrible book on Tupac. He's Michael Wilbon with a weak fade in my opinion

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 28 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

not a big fan of dyson although i will admit he can be on point from time to time. his love for hip hop was kind of cool in the beginning. quoting verses from my favorite hip hop cuts was cool when i was younger...but when u realize that 90% of the shit spit in rap songs is bullshit...it kind of loses its' appeal.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 28 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I'm not a fan of Dyson's personally but I think I may watch. I actually am a big fan of Cornell West. I think Dyson flip flops on a lot of issues, especially hip-hop. He's very hypocritical but he does ask tough questions. This ought to be interesting.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 28 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 28 2012, 12:33 PM) *
I will watch the interview strictly as a fan of boxing and of Floyd Mayweather. But I do not like Dyson because in my opinion he's full of shit. He's an opportunist who uses his degrees to act as if he knows everything. He got his "big break" by writing that terrible book on Tupac. He's Michael Wilbon with a weak fade in my opinion

Dr. Dyson is full of shit? Wow. I think he has away of isolating people with those SAT words he uses but his life story is amazing. The Tupac book Holla if you hear me (i think that was it) it was written from an academic point of view so yeah. I would never call him the Michael Wilbon of academia, Wilbon has to be reminded what ethnicity he is. Guy is a joke.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 28 2012, 12:33 PM) *
not a big fan of dyson although i will admit he can be on point from time to time. his love for hip hop was kind of cool in the beginning. quoting verses from my favorite hip hop cuts was cool when i was younger...but when u realize that 90% of the shit spit in rap songs is bullshit...it kind of loses its' appeal.

I would say the rap that is being spit now is 100000% bullshit but that is what happens when money is the only thing that matters. Dr. Dyson I just think has away of losing his audience especially the ones who did not attend the Ivy leagues but I feel where he is coming from.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 28 2012, 12:36 PM) *
I'm not a fan of Dyson's personally but I think I may watch. I actually am a big fan of Cornell West. I think Dyson flip flops on a lot of issues, especially hip-hop. He's very hypocritical but he does ask tough questions. This ought to be interesting.

Not a big Cornell West fan his Race Matters book is hypocritical especially when you listen to the bs he spits now. I was pissed when he openly criticized Melissa Harris but anyway. Dr. Dyson will ask the the tough question and Floyd better not try to BS cause Dr. Dyson will catch him. And ask him pointed questions. This interview will be great. Can't wait.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 28 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Wow, great...yet another potentially informing Mayweather interview that's gonna end up being circled around why the "megafight" hasn't happened. Im not sure how much Dr. Michael Dyson knows about the sport...especially in regards to the business side of it.

Better yet, I know which direction this interview will go. He will talk about how flashy Floyd is and how it sets black people back. Yep, I knew it was a purpose for this interview. Maybe he will also bring up the domestic violence case.

If any other subjects come up, I'll be totally surprised. Cant wait to see it though...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 28 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 28 2012, 01:30 PM) *
I would say the rap that is being spit now is 100000% bullshit but that is what happens when money is the only thing that matters. Dr. Dyson I just think has away of losing his audience especially the ones who did not attend the Ivy leagues but I feel where he is coming from.

i hear and comprehend everything he speaks on. if anything i think he appeals to a certain group who thinks the fast talk is a sign of intelligence. if anything, he has "away" of turning "away" educated folks by trying to play both sides. his story isn't that uncommon. i'm with cshel on this one, he really doesn't bring anything new to the table. more than likely i'll skip this interview.

rap has always been 10000% bullshit. hip hop on the otherhand has had its' moments.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Mar 28 2012, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 29 2012, 08:56 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Wow, great...yet another potentially informing Mayweather interview that's gonna end up being circled around why the "megafight" hasn't happened. Im not sure how much Dr. Michael Dyson knows about the sport...especially in regards to the business side of it.

Better yet, I know which direction this interview will go. He will talk about how flashy Floyd is and how it sets black people back. Yep, I knew it was a purpose for this interview. Maybe he will also bring up the domestic violence case.

If any other subjects come up, I'll be totally surprised. Cant wait to see it though...

I having watched plenty of Dr. Dyson's interviews he is not a asshole. If anything he will pose a question and let you talk. Then he will further ask you what you meant when you said xyz. He will not talk about the flash because again Dr. Dyson doesn't look at that as being a bad thing, read a few of his books (if you already haven't) and you will see he embraces that lifestyle to an extinct. He will probably ask about his relationship with his father and how he is as a father with his kids. He is not going to demonize Floyd simply because that isn't his style now if Floyd hangs himself then Dr. Dyson will call him on his BS. If anything Dr. Dyson will probably ask if he thinks the sport of boxing is racist...

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 28 2012, 05:44 PM) *
i hear and comprehend everything he speaks on. if anything i think he appeals to a certain group who thinks the fast talk is a sign of intelligence. if anything, he has "away" of turning "away" educated folks by trying to play both sides. his story isn't that uncommon. i'm with cshel on this one, he really doesn't bring anything new to the table. more than likely i'll skip this interview.

rap has always been 10000% bullshit. hip hop on the otherhand has had its' moments.

Hip Hop has been held hostage by rap and people view both entities one in the same. Like Sinead O'Conner said our music has been corrupted and is evil. Anyway, Dr. Dyson story is remarkable. Group home kid who chose a different path. His brother I believe is in prison for drugs or something. Dr. Dyson wants to have street cred as well as education cred. It is a fine line to walk. One of the reasons why I respected Huey P. Newton was because he was educated but still knew how to speak to the masses. You should watch this interview he may surprise you. I think this is new, an outsider giving an interview to boxing's elite royalty. We would know what to expect from a Larry Merchant, Teddy Atlas, Jim Lampley, etc. But Dr. Dyson comes from another world, so don't judge before you watch. We may learn something.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 29 2012, 09:56 AM) *
[/b]

I having watched plenty of Dr. Dyson's interviews he is not a asshole. If anything he will pose a question and let you talk. Then he will further ask you what you meant when you said xyz. He will not talk about the flash because again Dr. Dyson doesn't look at that as being a bad thing, read a few of his books (if you already haven't) and you will see he embraces that lifestyle to an extinct. He will probably ask about his relationship with his father and how he is as a father with his kids. He is not going to demonize Floyd simply because that isn't his style now if Floyd hangs himself then Dr. Dyson will call him on his BS. If anything Dr. Dyson will probably ask if he thinks the sport of boxing is racist...

Trust me, he will talk about the flashy lifestyle, money-flaunting, and so forth. Now, will he try to make a fool of Floyd? More than likely, no. Im quite sure he will bring up the effect that Floyd's television persona has on the black community.

Good call on the family relationships that he will more than likely discuss. I just pray that the megafight nonsense isn't brought up, but if it is, hopefully it's brief. I've had it up to my head with these exclusive interviews that focus waaay too much on the megafight, and the person doing the interview, hardly understands the business side of the sport.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 29 2012, 09:56 AM) *
[/b]

Hip Hop has been held hostage by rap and people view both entities one in the same. Like Sinead O'Conner said our music has been corrupted and is evil. Anyway, Dr. Dyson story is remarkable. Group home kid who chose a different path. His brother I believe is in prison for drugs or something. Dr. Dyson wants to have street cred as well as education cred. It is a fine line to walk. One of the reasons why I respected Huey P. Newton was because he was educated but still knew how to speak to the masses. You should watch this interview he may surprise you. I think this is new, an outsider giving an interview to boxing's elite royalty. We would know what to expect from a Larry Merchant, Teddy Atlas, Jim Lampley, etc. But Dr. Dyson comes from another world, so don't judge before you watch. We may learn something.

i'll catch it on youtube. thx.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 05:52 AM