> Rev Dr. Michael E. Dyson Interviewing FW
mgrover
post Mar 30 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 31 2012, 12:52 AM) *
u think so? i think he took a page out of ali's book with the trash talk. i just think he has less wit and character than ali so it comes across in a much less entertaining light.

doesn't really seem like there's many people in this world left with wit, they just seem to outright insult other people.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 30 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #42

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 30 2012, 07:52 PM) *
u think so? i think he took a page out of ali's book with the trash talk. i just think he has less wit and character than ali so it comes across in a much less entertaining light.

Yep absolutely! I read about the "Money Mayweather" persona a few years ago, and Ellerbe explained how Floyd's image pretty much caters to the hip hop community, and is stemmed from the hip hop community.

It's dead obvious nowadays...he flashes money, wears flashy jewelry, rolls with 50 Cent, rolls with Ray J (sometimes), The Money Team, expensive cars, expensive and flashy clothes, and the list goes on...the prognosis is out there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Cant forget about Philthy Rich Records, the Rick Ross beef (from back in the day when Ross and 50 had beef), and not to mention he's rapped on a few songs, and had one of his own.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 30 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2012, 07:54 PM) *
doesn't really seem like there's many people in this world left with wit, they just seem to outright insult other people.

it's definitely a thing of the past.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 30 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 07:56 PM) *
Yep absolutely! I read about the "Money Mayweather" persona a few years ago, and Ellerbe explained how Floyd's image pretty much caters to the hip hop community, and is stemmed from the hip hop community.

It's dead obvious nowadays...he flashes money, wears flashy jewelry, rolls with 50 Cent, rolls with Ray J (sometimes), The Money Team, expensive cars, expensive and flashy clothes, and the list goes on...the prognosis is out there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Cant forget about Philthy Rich Records, the Rick Ross beef (from back in the day when Ross and 50 had beef), and not to mention he's rapped on a few songs, and had one of his own.

well...the shit is soooo watered down these days. i guess it is. for the record....ray j and rick ross suck ass. 50 cent is ok, i guess. philthy rich records produced how many hits? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 1 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #45

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

This will be an interesting interview. Floyd mayweather has matured verbally and he gives some rather interesting insights. He is not Einstein, yet he is not not a dumby. People gave him flack over his "slave wages" remark relative to an HBO fight deal he turned down years ago.. I understood his point, and that let me know May was smarter than people thought... Now look at his wages!!! I am looking forward to this interview

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 1 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #46

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 06:56 PM) *

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Apr 2 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #47

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 05:23 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Are you this dumb every day?...or is it just a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday type deal? What "middle class" do you speak of? That's what made me laugh the most...plenty of activist (Dyson included) have made it clear that there really isn't a middle class. You're either rich or poor...and being poor can be sliced however you want to slice it, but at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Your idea of speaking out, truly troubles me. I said that African Americans should be more aware of how they relay messages, because as we all know, what "one" does or says, ends up forming a perception of how they "all" are...which is an unfair truth.

I NEVER said that just because someone may not agree with you, then you should never speak out...what are you reading? If anybody should be persecuted for their posts and perspectives, then it should've been you sweetheart...a looooong time ago.

Black celebrities AREN'T afraid to speak, they pick their words and tone carefully (and intelligently), because they are STILL suffering from the backlash of the previous idiot that deemed it okay to "speak out" in the media. Had the first person done it in an intelligent manner, then EVERYBODY wouldn't have to suffer the scrutiny of speaking out. Remember what I said about, what "one" does or says, leaves the remainder to be viewed under the same scope?

Its clear that you have some disdain towards Kanye West, and hopefully that's the reason that you can't stop spelling his name wrong. If you were smart, you would utilize the provided excuse, if not, then I will withhold my opinion about your repeated error. On that note, leave the man alone. For God's sake, stop being one of these butt-hurt people out here, when it comes to the Martin case.

Blame it on the others who have made it more a trend, and be happy that some celebrities aren't speaking out and ending making it more about them, than the actual case. Oh yeah...PLEASE stop talking about the Martin case...Im wondering why that isn't registering with you.

Let's just be glad that we still have guys like Cornell West, Jesse Jackson, Michael Dyson, Al Sharpton (just to name a few), rather than being butt-hurt about which celebrities dont speak up...stop being so emotional and attention-seeking. Just hope that we have a newer generation of the mentioned activists, and adapt to the things that simply wont change.

For God's sake, why should we (African Americans) be loud and belligerent as fuck(as you are suggesting, since 2Pac and NWA did it, and you loved it)...and expect some type of medium and most of all, respect? You're totally blowing this, if you think African Americans should speak out in this manner. The biggest fuckin' problem is, we hardly (if ever) stick together.

The other problem is, the clueless, loudmouth, nuttbrains (present company excluded), feel that we should be borderline belligerent, in order to be heard and respected. The funny thing is, I've asked you several times to stop talking about this case, but yet, you ignore me, continue to talk about it anyway, then wonder why you catch hell. Oops my bad, that's the point that you've been arguing the whole time...for black people to be ignorant, belligerent, and rebellious in order to get respect.

Again...I forgot who I was talking to...

I forgot who I was talking to. Number one where did I say to be loud and belligerent? Number 2 I hate loud people regardless of race. Your entire is ridiculous. What I said was that people who have a voice should use it and speak out. What I do not like is people who use their platform for ignorance. Dude you can not read or comprehend for shit. I said Tupac if you have ever seen or heard his interviews from prison and other venues was very intelligent. His music before he got to death row displayed his thought process. NWA did a song that basically was the sentiment of a lot of inner city youth. I did not say that they were spoken persons for an entire group of people. And again who did I say needs to be belligerent? For crying out loud I mentioned Huey P. Newton, Ali, Karem, (and I did not mention Jessie Jackson I have never been a fan of that guy) and other giants in the community. I do not respect ignorance on any level and for you to fuckin twist my words so you can come out looking like whoever just further proves my theory about you. You are an A 1 asshole. For your information I applaud Dr. West, Dr. Dyson, Rev Al, and Melissa Harris, Louis Henry Gates (even though I disagree with him on some things), Angela Davis, Danny Glover and a list of others, Louis Farrakhan who I love. Matter of fact if you go back and read what I actually said I said I do not listen to garbage that is out. So again where did I say we should be loud and ignorant? You are special

There is a middle class it is disappearing by the minute. So yeah if I said imagine if all poor people and the middle class got together it would be a power thing. A poor person in Russia has more in common with a poor person in America. They can relate. Same thing with the middle class, their word is disappearing. The reason why Martin Luther King was shot was not because of the civil rights because his next move was trying to unify poor and middle class whites with poor and middle class blacks. And to clarify my position, I think education is the only way to go. You are are dismissed. You hear and read what you want.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 2 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 30 2012, 03:40 PM) *
That is why I dig Ali, John Carlos and Tom Smith, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, AC Green, even Mike Tyson and a slue of others who were not afraid to speak out. They were not afraid of public criticism no matter how bad it was.

I dig a lot of the stuff that Mike Tyson says as well...but ONLY when it pertains to his past and present actions. I would love for Tyson to speak out about current issues...problem is, Mike Tyson is still attempting to clean up his past actions.

His past actions were outrageous, to say the least, and the sad thing is, people are STILL looking at him as the same person he was back then. He even admits that his past actions (and words) were spoken out of immaturity (and other things) and he THOUGHT that those were the right things to do and say back then.

Point is, he is still catching flack from shit that he did in the past...and he appears the be a new person with a new mindset. Do you think he is given the opportunity to speak on behalf of today's current events? Hardly so...

And Floyd should speak out one should not be controlled by society and popularity. That is how people turn into robots and sheep. That is the problem people are afraid and too damn self conscious.

One should not be controlled by society and popularity?! Really? If they are smart, then they would look at all the hell that past public figures had to endure (mostly because of their impulsive behaviors), so that should be a clear indicator to be a bit self conscious.

Like I KEEP telling your feeble-minded ass...we are STILL being viewed under the same scope as the ones who have acted and spoken before us...well, the negative stuff anyway.

Favorite NWA song FUCK THE POLICE! It was political in your face realness. I dare a "rapper" to spit something like that.

This is the beginning of you con-signing with ignorance. These "rappers" nowadays (dumb or smart, but especially dumb) are still living by that "fuck the police" mentality, and they are being persecuted in the same manner when it comes to the justice system.

That "fuck the police" attitude is merely the entry level mindset the new generation of dumb rappers, and they still act on it. The "smart" rappers and hip hop artists may have that same view, but they're not dumb enough to carry themselves in that manner. Should they ever speak out about it, they do it in an INTELLIGENT manner.

That "fuck the police" mentality is STILL in circulation today, and its sad that everyone isn't able to process things like this and carefully use it in a positive manner, and understand that there's a time and place for everything. We have youth and even adults, who run with bits and pieces of things that fit their lifestyle or current situation/mindset, and they totally omit the true parts that need to be thought out.

This is the reason that things need to be relayed intelligently, so dumbasses wont hear stuff like "fuck the police", "fuck the government", and feel that they're lifestyle will be the same as the people who actually got lucky enough to become something.

Example: A rap artist who went from hell and back (no family, hard childhood, sold drugs, been to jail, etc), becomes this huge celebrity after years of hard work...some youth (even adults) feel that they can do all of those things, and become a big star one day. Nope! They hear too much of the stuff in the songs and not enough of the positive twist involved to elevate that person to their current status.

For God's sake, we have the hosts of 106th & Park, actually "welcoming" these rappers home from jail (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Mar 30 2012, 05:33 PM) *
Because someone says that people may not agree with should you refrain from talking and speaking your mind?

You have to look at some of the idiots in the past that said and did things that ruined it for people today.

The problem with most Black celebrities is they are afraid to speak. Tupac when he was younger or before death row was on it. The things that he said literally was truth. And his fuck the police was off of them fucking with his friends and being crooked. NWA came from the same space.

Again, they aren't afraid to speak out, but they are a line behind these other idiots who "spoke out" in whatever manner they chose. Tupac was a smart person, but his late lifestyle led many in the wrong direction. His lyrics painted vivid pictures, but again, his lifestyle and public actions didn't match.

We STILL have people today that live by 2Pac's music, but not everything that he did, matched his words (which were nearly perfect in a sense).

I do not represent the black race so my words are mine

Sorry sweetheart, but this doesn't fly with me, nor will it fly with the public...if they're dumb enough to allow you to share that garage in your head. Trust me when I say, whether these public figures want to be role models or not, somebody (adult and/or child) is following what they say or do.

Their words and actions dont just drift away in the wind. If you dont want to be a role model or "positively recognized"...the media will find a way for you to be noticed...whether they put your dirty laundry out there, or add more dirt to what's already out there.

So, if you were on the news today (looking and sounding as dim-witted as you are), it would be somewhat of a reflection of how your race is. Hate to put it that way, but public perception has a way of being twisted and generalized.

And why should we be extra careful to voice our opinion? Everyone else does, everyone else knows us better that we know ourselves and this is the problem.

Im not going to explain why...you dont seem to be getting it anyway. And yes, everyone either knows us better than we know ourselves, or their distributed public perception of us (whether true or false) has spoken volumes.

I say more athletes celebrities need to be socially conscious.

Oh NOOOOOW they need to be socially conscious. Wow...the master of backtracking has revealed herself/itself/whatever you are. FIRST, you said that African Americans dont need to "be controlled by society and popularity" and they are "too damn self conscious"...NOW they need to be socially conscious.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 2 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #49

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Apr 2 2012, 10:23 AM) *
Number one where did I say to be loud and belligerent? Number 2 I hate loud people regardless of race.

1. Well, you did say that your favorite song was "Fuck The Police", and you appeared to have like 2Pac's way of doing things...sooooo??? Obviously, according to you, people are too damn self conscious, so iif they aren't self conscious or even careful about how they speak out, then what other option is left?

2. Just read my response to your first point, and that should answer it.

What I do not like is people who use their platform for ignorance.

You apparently like "Fuck The Police" and that song caused a huge uproar not to mention violence. You "dig" Mike Tyson because he doesn't care what the public thinks of him.

Yet, he goes off on wild rants and tells people that he will "fuck them until they love him" and he will "eat their children". He used that press conference as "a platform", and look what he did with it. I doubt that the media will use him to speak out against current crimes and such.

NWA did a song that basically was the sentiment of a lot of inner city youth. I did not say that they were spoken persons for an entire group of people.

Weren't they speaking out against police brutality, harassment, etc in that song? I doubt there were any other races in Compton and Crenshaw, receiving this type of treatment, other than young black Americans...but they weren't speaking out for an entire group of people? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And again who did I say needs to be belligerent?

Well, you're obviously not a big fan of people speaking out in an intelligent manner and choosing their words carefully. With that said...how else can they speak out? Either be careful how you speak, be a loudmouth, belligerent, rebellious idiot, or say nothing at all.

I do not respect ignorance on any level and for you to fuckin twist my words so you can come out looking like whoever just further proves my theory about you.

But you like the whole NWA approach to being heard and respected? Well at least you did at one point. Just shut the fuck up...

Im sorry sweetheart, but you're still dumb...no matter how much time to spend away from the board. Funny how I made my point on Friday, and you come back on Monday morning, with less than you had on Friday.

You're famous for getting lost in your own posts, and it's clear that it doesn't take much to confuse. Sadly, you're the main culprit, in regards to being responsible for throwing yourself off. No matter how many big name public figures you throw in your posts...you are still lost.

You actually do a good job in the beginning, but deeper into the discussion (in which you choose to go), you're often left with the "deer in the headlights" look. You have done a great job of proving to us that a woman with a grotesque, vomit-inducing face and pea-sized brain, make the perfect marriage.

Now do yourself a favor and take a seat. There's no reason for you take 3 days to come back with a lackluster response, and hope to get some respect for it. Sorry, but you've once again failed...move along jackass.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 2 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 1 2012, 03:54 PM) *
This will be an interesting interview. Floyd mayweather has matured verbally and he gives some rather interesting insights. He is not Einstein, yet he is not not a dumby. People gave him flack over his "slave wages" remark relative to an HBO fight deal he turned down years ago.. I understood his point, and that let me know May was smarter than people thought... Now look at his wages!!! I am looking forward to this interview

i totally agree. i think he handled it wrong...but he was totally right. also, who better to sell a product(floyd) than the man(floyd) who knows it best? arum was busy trying to make him the next ray leonard or oscar delahoya...arum is a fool.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:10 PM