IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who do y'all want to see Judah and Garcia fight next and who would you favor?
Thickback
post Mar 29 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #11

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,355

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 28 2012, 02:01 PM) *
I'd love to see Judah vs. Rios, but I think at this point, Zab is looking to fight for a title. I also wouldn't mind seeing Judah fight Marquez at some point. If Khan beats Peterson, obviously he'll move up to 147 and vacate the belts. Which would clear Zab to fight for the vacant title against whoever the #2 contender in the IBF is. A matchup between him and Garcia really intrigues me but I wonder if Golden Boy would put Garcia in there with Zab, especially seeing how Zab fought Paris and Garcia struggled early against Morales. That might be too much for him too soon. But Zab in against any of the belt holders seems interesting at this point. As for Garcia, his madatory is Olusegun, if he wins that I would love to see him fight Maidana

Zab vs Rios or JMM would be good but it'll never happen since both are with Top Rank. I'd like to see Zab vs Maidana. Garcia needs to improve so they'll probably baby him for now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Thickback @ Mar 29 2012, 11:26 AM) *
Garcia needs to improve so they'll probably baby him for now.

Absolutely! If he had a tough fight like that against Morales, and walked away with a bad cut and a broken nose, then yes, they'll baby him for the time being. Im assuming that Golden Boy is trying to keep those WBC belts as long as they can.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 29 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Thickback @ Mar 29 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Zab vs Rios or JMM would be good but it'll never happen since both are with Top Rank. I'd like to see Zab vs Maidana. Garcia needs to improve so they'll probably baby him for now.

I know Arum likes matching his fighters against one another but I think the Marquez fight will come off...possibly. And I say that because I don't think he has a long term contract with Marquez, I think he just has options on him. And that's why we're seeing the fight next month which is supposed to lead to him and Rios in July. After those options are finished, who knows what Marquez will do

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Mar 29 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #14

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 29 2012, 11:08 AM) *
I know Arum likes matching his fighters against one another but I think the Marquez fight will come off...possibly. And I say that because I don't think he has a long term contract with Marquez, I think he just has options on him. And that's why we're seeing the fight next month which is supposed to lead to him and Rios in July. After those options are finished, who knows what Marquez will do

well zab has said he has a good relationship with Arum. I mean he ended the cold war between arum and Don King when they made mayweather/judah he also worked with top rank when he fought cotto.
so maybe if zab gets the IBF strap again arum will put marquez or rios in with him.

As a zab fan I would like to see him win his next fight then get another big fight and walk away before the speed and power erodes and he starts taking some beatings.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 29 2012, 01:28 PM) *
well zab has said he has a good relationship with Arum. I mean he ended the cold war between arum and Don King when they made mayweather/judah he also worked with top rank when he fought cotto.
so maybe if zab gets the IBF strap again arum will put marquez or rios in with him.

As a zab fan I would like to see him win his next fight then get another big fight and walk away before the speed and power erodes and he starts taking some beatings.

Great points! How do you think he fairs against Bam Bam?

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 29 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

The more I think about it, the more I wanna see Judah vs Alexander. To be honest, if I had to put my money on it, I hate to say it because he's such a disappointment at times, but I think I'd put my money on Zab.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 29 2012, 01:43 PM) *
The more I think about it, the more I wanna see Judah vs Alexander. To be honest, if I had to put my money on it, I hate to say it because he's such a disappointment at times, but I think I'd put my money on Zab.

I was hoping for this fight back in 2010 after the Urango fight, but Devon ended up hitting a speed bump named Kotelnik. I believe Zab will move up to WW for this fight or a Peterson fight...or hell, any fight with nice dollars signs attached to it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 05:13 AM