Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Preview of Cotto/Mayweather Face-Off
wolterb
post Mar 29 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #11

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

Anyone catch the moment when the fighters grouped together for a photograph, mayweather put his arms around Cotto and Cano (maybe it was mosley) and smiled real big, but before the photographers snapped the picture it seemed like he realized he shouldnt be smiling and changed to a straight face? lol

I thought that was interesting considering all of the hate these days thrown at fighters who don't express themselves as the stoic, fierce man during pressers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thisneverworks
post Mar 29 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Mar 28 2012, 09:38 PM) *
Really? Max is becomin' 1 of my favorite commentators, but I must admit, there's been times where I wanted to slap the dog shit out of him.

I'm sure there are others that like him but I can tell you that the crew I watch the fights with unanimously hate the guy. I wish he would decide to pursue his movie career again and go away. He tries way too hard and I do not think he even knows wtf he is talking about. Memorizing history is one thing but actually knowing the sport is totally different.

His wannabe Larry Merchant/Jim Gray interviews are awful as well.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Mar 29 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 29 2012, 03:57 PM) *
I'm sure there are others that like him but I can tell you that the crew I watch the fights with unanimously hate the guy. I wish he would decide to pursue his movie career again and go away. He tries way too hard and I do not think he even knows wtf he is talking about. Memorizing history is one thing but actually knowing the sport is totally different.

This guy wanted to be an actor!!!! That made my last 15 mins of work! Michael Imperioli (or however you spell his name) is still alive so that is a no go for Max! Max is just a wannabe he can't help it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2012, 06:24 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 29 2012, 04:57 PM) *

yeah...i'm growing tired of him too. hbo is just really sucking these days when it comes to commentary. showtime has it right.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (wolterb @ Mar 29 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Anyone catch the moment when the fighters grouped together for a photograph, mayweather put his arms around Cotto and Cano (maybe it was mosley) and smiled real big, but before the photographers snapped the picture it seemed like he realized he shouldnt be smiling and changed to a straight face? lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I have to go back and watch that part...totally missed it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I actually like Max Kellerman nowadays...now about 2 years ago, I couldn't have said that.

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Mar 29 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #17

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

I liked Max Kellerman since the Pac/Marquez fight where he talked the real shit instead of the fanboy pompom waving comments of Stewart/Lampley.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Mar 29 2012, 08:59 PM) *
I liked Max Kellerman since the Pac/Marquez fight where he talked the real shit instead of the fanboy pompom waving comments of Stewart/Lampley.

+1

I think he grew on me when he and Lampley called the Morales/Maidana fight. There were only two commentators that night, so the nuthugging was under control. It's almost like Lampley had to depend on Max to help see what was going on during the fight. Had Steward been there, Lampley would've had a partner in crime.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 30 2012, 07:04 AM
Post #19

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

I like Max... He seems to hone in on the main question most people have in a post fight interview. He's also mostly on point with his comments etc. Only time he truly pissed me off is when he bitched out of the in ring confrontation between Shane and Floyd after Floyd's win over Marquez. He should've let Floyd say what he wanted to say and see how it played out. However That's just one incident. He's not infallable, but i def prefer Max to Merchant... He does love SweetPea a lil too much tho, lmao!

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 30 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #20

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Mar 30 2012, 08:04 AM) *
I like Max... He seems to hone in on the main question most people have in a post fight interview. He's also mostly on point with his comments etc. Only time he truly pissed me off is when he bitched out of the in ring confrontation between Shane and Floyd after Floyd's win over Marquez. He should've let Floyd say what he wanted to say and see how it played out. However That's just one incident. He's not infallable, but i def prefer Max to Merchant... He does love SweetPea a lil too much tho, lmao!

This is all that needs to be said about Max. Enough said, case closed.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:37 AM