> Teon Kennedy vs Guillermo Rigondeaux
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 10:47 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12052.html

This bout is supposed to take place on the Pacquiao/Bradley undercard on June 9th. Im not sure how Kennedy will deal with Rigondeaux's power and patience throughout the course of the fight.

Rigondeaux is patient, but he can sometimes be too patient, and not throw for extended periods of time. Hopefully Kennedy can take advantage of this, because that may be the only advantage he has.

Last time I saw Kennedy, was on FNFs, and he didn't look all that great. He was a bit hesitant to throw as well, and the fight ended in a draw..though Teon struggled with Martin.

I dont see Rigondeaux going for a decision. If anything, he'll try to win in an impressive fashion so his name will still circulate when big name fighters are brought up. I dont see how he will get a big fight by facing Kennedy, but Im guessing the "impressive win" comes into play to patch it up.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

No responses? Wow...just wow...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

back when rigondeaux was at the wildcard they had great aspirations for the kid. there was talk about him facing title holders and so on and so forth. he has got his own title now. it's time to call out the other champions.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 06:41 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2012, 06:14 PM) *
he has got his own title now. it's time to call out the other champions.

Let's see how many of them will suddenly feel that "a belt doesn't define them as a fighter".

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 29 2012, 07:41 PM) *
Let's see how many of them will suddenly feel that "a belt doesn't define them as a fighter".

i know they have big ambitions for him. i think arum isn't going to push this guy the way he deserves to be pushed. he can be a star...but top rank will sit on him same way they did with valero. more than anything, i think they signed him to protect their other investments.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2012, 07:46 PM) *
i know they have big ambitions for him. i think arum isn't going to push this guy the way he deserves to be pushed. he can be a star...but top rank will sit on him same way they did with valero. more than anything, i think they signed him to protect their other investments.

I cant even argue with this. It seems like the fighters who are more than willing to be put out there to fight the best, are often put on the backburner, Then you the "potential stars" in the stable who either get put out there too soon and get roughed up (Devon Alexander), or they are shoved down the public's throat as the next big thing, while they're busy fighting soft touches (Canelo).

Rigondeaux is already on father time, with only 9 or 10 fights under his belt, so he doesn't have much time. All he wants is big fights, before his body decides to do the polar opposite of what he wants it to do...cooperate.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 30 2012, 06:57 AM
Post #7

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2012, 07:46 PM) *

I thought this about both the Cuban stars Top Rank signed... (check my sig if ur confused about who else I refer to)

I just hope Rig can despatch Teon Kennedy in such an impressive fashion that a network like HBO start beating the drums for a major fight, such as Donaire... Swear I read that Mares is down to face Rig tho, you think GBP and TR can make that fight happen?

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Mar 30 2012, 07:07 AM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

Rigo is a master technician, folks like Mares and Donaire don't want to face him. They just want to face face-first brawlers and look good. That's why I'm having less and less respects for professional boxing. In amateur boxing you have to face the best whether you like their style or not. In professional boxing it's all a game of money and politics. DOn't get me wrong politics and crooked decisions occur at the amateurs as well but at least everybody fights everybody.

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Mar 30 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #9

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,998

Easy work for the Jackal.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 31 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Mar 30 2012, 06:25 PM) *
Easy work for the Jackal.

Jackal??? Is that so?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 04:05 AM