IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What About Kell Brook vs Devon Alexander?
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This would be a great fight, though Im not sure of the chances of it happening. This would be one of those fights that will put Alexander out there for more exposure. Of course he would get that by going overseas to face Brook.

With that in mind, Im sure Alexander would want more money to do so....that's only if the "It doesn't make business sense" bullshit doesn't get in the way first. Im sure Brook would give him a fight, though Im not sure how good he fairs against lefties.

Who wins this one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Mar 29 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 29 2012, 05:01 PM) *
This would be a great fight, though Im not sure of the chances of it happening. This would be one of those fights that will put Alexander out there for more exposure. Of course he would get that by going overseas to face Brook.

With that in mind, Im sure Alexander would want more money to do so....that's only if the "It doesn't make business sense" bullshit doesn't get in the way first. Im sure Brook would give him a fight, though Im not sure how good he fairs against lefties.

Who wins this one?

Brook, Devon Alexander is a good fighter but we dont see him fighting much, hes always clinching

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Kratza @ Mar 29 2012, 12:05 PM) *
Brook, Devon Alexander is a good fighter but we dont see him fighting much, hes always clinching

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

So you have Brook winning it?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 29 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

This would be great. But Alexander seems to look bad with people who can box. But he looked strong against maidana so who knows.

Brook fights like a young mosley, very interested to see how he develops

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 29 2012, 01:22 PM) *
This would be great. But Alexander seems to look bad with people who can box. But he looked strong against maidana so who knows.

Brook fights like a young mosley, very interested to see how he develops

Absolutely true...he had issues with Kotelnik and Matthysse for sure. I cant even use the Maidana fight as measuring stick for him fighting boxers, being that Marcos is a come-forward type fighter.

We could use the Maidana fight to rectify the weight issues that Devon had, but weight drained or not, having a hard time with boxers is something that weight issues cant necessarily cover.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 29 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #6

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Make it Happen GoldenEggBoy!!! I see some firework awaiting to happen in this fight. Brook needs a title shot, he should fight the winner of the Aydin vs Guerrero fight that would also be a good one. The welter division is now full of potential I hope GB can make a tournament.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 29 2012, 02:42 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 29 2012, 01:33 PM) *
Absolutely true...he had issues with Kotelnik and Matthysse for sure. I cant even use the Maidana fight as measuring stick for him fighting boxers, being that Marcos is a come-forward type fighter.

We could use the Maidana fight to rectify the weight issues that Devon had, but weight drained or not, having a hard time with boxers is something that weight issues cant necessarily cover.

Very well put

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Mar 29 2012, 03:07 PM) *
Brook needs a title shot, he should fight the winner of the Aydin vs Guerrero fight that would also be a good one.

Oh shit, I didn't even think about that. Somehow, Guerrero got a lucky horseshoe up his ass, and landed a bout with Aydin, which will put him in contention for the WBC WW title.

If Brook could get squeezed in there and fight the winner of that fight, then he will be in the talks of a title shot, along with being in the same talks with Alexander. I almost forgot that Devon was ranked #2 WW for the WBC...I still laugh when I hear that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 29 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

That would be a solid match, at least from my perspective. I'd pick Brook because he seems to be more rugged than Devon, but as good a boxer. His jab was doing some damage against Hatton, whereas Devon's jab doesn't look that powerful to me.

I also like what was suggested re. Brook vs. the winner of the Aydin and Guerrero match. I'd still pick Brook, but I'd have to see how Guerrero looks fighting at WW (assuming that he's as good as they say and beats Aydin)

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 29 2012, 08:33 PM

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Mar 31 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 29 2012, 05:13 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

So you have Brook winning it?

Yep, unanimous decision Alexander winning 4 at most

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 11:19 PM