IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marquez Believes That Morales' Gallbadder Surgery Affected Him...
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-erik-mo...lbladder--51176

Marquez believes that Morales' gallbladder surgery may have affected his performance in the Garcia bout. Check out the article and Juan's view of Erik's surgery & training camp, and tell me what you think.

I believe that he's saving face (for Erik), so he and Morales can fight this summer, with little ridicule about Erik's last outing...which already seems to be working for me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 29 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I don't see what was so bad about his performance, I thought he fought very well.. I would definitely watch him fight marquez, then if marquez wins he could fight Garcia.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 30 2012, 06:52 AM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Whatever it takes for JMM to face Morales, i'm am likely to be in favour of. Gall bladder surgery excuses included... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 30 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Yeah I believe he's doing Erik a favor with statements like this. What pissed me off the most about Morales/Garcia, was the fact that the fuckin' HBO commentators, once again, overstepped their boundaries.

They already overstep their boundaries by trying be promoters, but they killed me because they REALLY tried retire Morales last weekend. I mean damn, WTF? They were doing the same shit when he fought Maidana...though we all thought Erik was shot when the contract was signed.

They saying shit like, "He's an old 34", "Too many ring wars", blah, blah, blah....and once Morales started to show some resolve, guess what you hear? "The old warrior is teaching the young cub", blah, blah, blah. "He may not have won the fight, but he won the event".

Again, them trying to retire this guy was a bit unprofessional, as if they were saying, "Erik looks a mess, and we dont want to cover anymore of his damn fights". The "new champion" still managed to look like shit against a fighter who's supposed to be retired.

JMM will do his best to promote this fight, because it's still a moneymaker. I'm wondering how huge their gate will be if they fought at the Texas stadium. Marquez needs to stop being the tune-up king in the meantime, and push this Morales fight before Erik ends up being 200 lbs between now and July. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 30 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 10:39 AM) *
Yeah I believe he's doing Erik a favor with statements like this. What pissed me off the most about Morales/Garcia, was the fact that the fuckin' HBO commentators, once again, overstepped their boundaries.

They already overstep their boundaries by trying be promoters, but they killed me because they REALLY tried retire Morales last weekend. I mean damn, WTF? They were doing the same shit when he fought Maidana...though we all thought Erik was shot when the contract was signed.

They saying shit like, "He's an old 34", "Too many ring wars", blah, blah, blah....and once Morales started to show some resolve, guess what you hear? "The old warrior is teaching the young cub", blah, blah, blah. "He may not have won the fight, but he won the event".

Again, them trying to retire this guy was a bit unprofessional, as if they were saying, "Erik looks a mess, and we dont want to cover anymore of his damn fights". The "new champion" still managed to look like shit against a fighter who's supposed to be retired.

JMM will do his best to promote this fight, because it's still a moneymaker. I'm wondering how huge their gate will be if they fought at the Texas stadium. Marquez needs to stop being the tune-up king in the meantime, and push this Morales fight before Erik ends up being 200 lbs between now and July. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

totally agree. hbo is good for that bullshit. they need to stop.

i'd love to see marquez/morales. fight is definitely long overdue but i still believe it will be a good scrap at this point. get erik a win and all will be forgotten. texas seems like a good spot to stage it...but i'd prefer l.a. so i can go watch it live.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 30 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 30 2012, 06:07 PM) *
totally agree. hbo is good for that bullshit. they need to stop.

i'd love to see marquez/morales. fight is definitely long overdue but i still believe it will be a good scrap at this point. get erik a win and all will be forgotten. texas seems like a good spot to stage it...but i'd prefer l.a. so i can go watch it live.

Tell me about it...always trying to build up some type of flimsy suspense.

I'd love this fight, but they need to do before the end of this year, while one of them still has some media appeal. I felt Texas would be good because Mexico and LA are so close by and they both have a huge Mexican following, which equals pretty big money.

I wouldn't even mind if it was PPV...shit, if they were crazy enough to make Hopkins/Jones II and Dawson/Hopkins a PPV, then this fight should an automatic pass.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 30 2012, 07:19 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 07:36 PM) *
Tell me about it...always trying to build up some type of flimsy suspense.

I'd love this fight, but they need to do before the end of this year, while one of them still has some media appeal. I felt Texas would be good because Mexico and LA are so close by and they both have a huge Mexican following, which equals pretty big money.

I wouldn't even mind if it was PPV...shit, if they were crazy enough to make Hopkins/Jones II and Dawson/Hopkins a PPV, then this fight should an automatic pass.

i don't support ppv...but i think jmm/em would do well. i wouldn't order it, but i would definitely watch.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 30 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 30 2012, 08:19 PM) *
i don't support ppv...but i think jmm/em would do well. i wouldn't order it, but i would definitely watch.

Well I know how the PPV thing goes, but I usually lose the battle of curiosity if Im thinking about not ordering it. Fights like Morales/Maidana ruined it for me...I ALMOST talked myself out of ordering it, but I eventually did...and it ended up being a FOTY type fight, so I got my money's worth.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 31 2012, 12:31 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Well I know how the PPV thing goes, but I usually lose the battle of curiosity if Im thinking about not ordering it. Fights like Morales/Maidana ruined it for me...I ALMOST talked myself out of ordering it, but I eventually did...and it ended up being a FOTY type fight, so I got my money's worth.

for about 10yrs straight i ordered every single ppv that they offered. then i educated myself on the matter...and now that i see and understand what it is...i realize that ppv is not good for boxing...so i cannot support it because i love the sport too much.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 1 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Yes well marquez also believed that drinking your own urine is good for you

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:15 AM