IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> linares stopped in 2 rounds!?!?!?, wtf!?
daprofessor
post Apr 2 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Oh and lundy might have just taken his shot against demarco according to reports on boxingscene

lundy is going to beat demarco.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Apr 2 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

The cut didn't seem that bad, he could have possibly recovered.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 2 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (t4toe1217 @ Apr 2 2012, 02:51 PM) *
I still can't believe this guy is still rolling his head in the same direction as the punch is being thrown at him! And God bless his face! It surely won't be the same after the DeMarco fight!

He just put that rematch on the back burner after this loss, but this loss may have saved him though. Hell, that rolling his head may be some Wild Card bullshit that he uses when he runs out of stuff to do. Khan has thing with pushing and running in circles when he runs out of shit to do, and Manny simply high steps like an idiot and dash in and out like a for no reason.

He needs a better game plan, or else he will always have control of the fight and suddenly lose it. Wait...

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 2 2012, 05:12 PM) *
his defense can use some work.

Defense? What is that?

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Oh and lundy might have just taken his shot against demarco according to reports on boxingscene

Lundy would have a few moments where he shits in his pants during a Demarco fight. He's a decent sharpshooter, but he falls into this wild ass daze when he's throwing combinations, and ends up on the canvas every time.

+Quote Post
t4toe1217
post Apr 2 2012, 08:50 PM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 13,047

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 2 2012, 09:36 PM) *
He just put that rematch on the back burner after this loss, but this loss may have saved him though. Hell, that rolling his head may be some Wild Card bullshit that he uses when he runs out of stuff to do. Khan has thing with pushing and running in circles when he runs out of shit to do, and Manny simply high steps like an idiot and dash in and out like a for no reason.

Yeah, maybe that is some Wild Card gym shit! The one thing I can't get over about Freddie Roach is that he is crowned a Hall of Fame trainer, but none of his fighters have defense!!! Wtf? They all fight the same way. "Boom boom boom!" Quick BS combination and move to the side, or even push you away! When they start getting their asses kicked, the game plan is out of the window! And your'e absolutely right, Linares can forget about that rematch with Antonio DeMarco......

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 2 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (t4toe1217 @ Apr 2 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Yeah, maybe that is some Wild Card gym shit! The one thing I can't get over about Freddie Roach is that he is crowned a Hall of Fame trainer, but none of his fighters have defense!!! Wtf? They all fight the same way. "Boom boom boom!" Quick BS combination and move to the side, or even push you away! When they start getting their asses kicked, the game plan is out of the window! And your'e absolutely right, Linares can forget about that rematch with Antonio DeMarco......

Well there are fighters who got inducted into the HOF, and they had no defense...so Im sure their trainer may have been mentioned or inducted. His fighters haven't had a good year, well at least year anyway...everything else remains to be seen.

As far as that DeMarco rematch, he can kiss it goodbye for a little while, but he'll get it sooner or later. I cant imagine that he took this loss as bad as he took the DeMarco loss, but it's still a loss and he actually went down in this one, so who knows. The saddest part is, he was supposed to win this one.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 3 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I thought it was an early stoppage and he could have fought on but either way, he shouldn't have been getting hit so easily. He has way too much raw talent to be getting a beatdown by a guy liek that in the 2nd round.

Linares and Khan fight very similar. At what point is Freddie Roach going to start teaching these guys some defense. I, like many, lost a lot of respect for the whole Wild Card/Top Rank clique but I always respected Freddie as a trainer. That being said, his fighters haven't looked great and they are being exposed with some of the same fundamental flaws. First and foremost, Khan, Linares and especially Manny have extremely fast feet, yet they get his so easily against slower opponents. Why? Well far be it from me to call myself a boxing expert but anyone who watches the sport on anything more than a casual level knows that these guys all retreat straight back. As good as Manny's footwork has been credited as being, he really only uses it for his offense. Once he throws,however, then its the same streamline retreat you see in Khan and Linares. It's part of the reason Manny was so easy to counter vs Marquez. Khan, against Peterson, started off throwing wicked combos and then backing away. To the naked eye, this looks great. He's doing damage and getting out. However, the WAY he gets out is what spoke volumes. He throws punches then walks straight back. The problem with that is that #1 you have no where to go when your close to the ropes so unless you are in the center of the ring, you're screwed. #2 You wasting to much energy sprinting out of the way and as the fight goes on and legs get weary, you're leaving yourself in danger form uch longer. Everytime I see these guys fight I can hear Brother Nazim in the Mayweather fight making Shane repeat instructions lol When you step around and pivot, you almost turn the ring like in those cheesy Boxing video games. You also spend far less energy. It's part of the brilliance that guys like Floyd and James Toney exhibit. The ability to not get hit while in close quarters whether they're in the center of the ring or against ropes. The ability to turn your opponent without having to create space. It's one of the things I like in the up and coming Adrien Broner.When Floyd knocked Hatton silyl with that check left, it was as much about footwork as it was the actual punch!

This post has been edited by Franchize: Apr 3 2012, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 3 2012, 01:01 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

linares learned the majority of what he knows about boxing from his grandfather. he's had a few trainers along the way. when he was in teiken gym in japan...they didn't really appear to add anything to his style. if anything...they made him a little more basic. as for his time spent in the wildcard...i think the only thing he got from that is what most guys get on a regular basis there....quality sparring. his turning away from right hands is something he came to that gym with. i take nothing away from freddie roach. he is a very good trainer who does an excellent job when he is able to focus on a fighter. the problem is that i don't believe he gave linares the focus he needed. i've seen other guys working with him. other guys are not freddie. alex ariza is not a boxing trainer. he's a conditioning coach. i also believe gbp failed him as well.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 3 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

He just needs a few tweaks. Guy has all the talent in the world. Someone mentioned that Beristain becoming his trainer would work wonders and i agree. He just needs head movement. Even Floyd sr would be a good trainer for him.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 3 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #19

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Anyone feel like Roach looked very disinterested when they were introducing Linares lol?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 3 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 3 2012, 03:21 PM) *
Anyone feel like Roach looked very disinterested when they were introducing Linares lol?

he always has that look. it's totally different once the round starts.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:59 PM