BoxingFan86
post Apr 4 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #31

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2012, 01:41 PM) *
my take on the face-off....

floyd looked nervous and much more respectful than normal. his whole checking on his bet....switching his seat twice...and all of that seemed a little out of character for a guy who is normally cool, calm and collected during these face offs. he also may be trying to disarm cotto by paying him respect with all the compliments. i may be reading a bit much into it...but i think he has way more respect for cotto than any of the opponents he's had in quite some time. i also believe cotto is more dangerous than anyone he's faced since jose luis castillo. this is going to be a fight. cotto's flaws and all...he's going to test mayweather like he hasn't been tested in quite some time.
I think so, too. Floyd said Cotto used to watch him train when they were both signed to Top Rank, then he went on to say how he's honored to have guys like Broner and Cotto watch him, take what they've learned from watchin' him and implement it into their own style and be successful with it. Referrin' to Cotto, Floyd said somethin' along the lines of "Cotto is like me. I see the movement, etc... Some of that comes from me." So yeah, Cotto may be more of a threat in that sense. In a different interview (Portrait Of A Fighter: Floyd Mayweather on HBO to be exact), Floyd also said, "I respect every opponent. I respect 'em as a man 1st, but every opponent has to make me respect their fight game."

When I find the video interview, I'll post it.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Apr 4 2012, 01:04 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 4 2012, 01:56 PM) *
I think so, too. Floyd said Cotto used to watch him train when they were both signed to Top Rank, then he went on to say how he's honored to have guys like Broner and Cotto watch him, take what they've learned from watchin' him and implement it into their own style and be successful with it. Referrin' to Cotto, Floyd said somethin' along the lines of "Cotto is like me. I see the movement, etc... Some of that comes from me." So yeah, Cotto may be more of a threat in that sense. In a different interview (Portrait Of A Fighter: Floyd Mayweather on HBO to be exact), Floyd also said, "I respect every opponent. I respect 'em as a man 1st, but every opponent has to make me respect their fight game."

When I find the video interview, I'll post it.

cool. thx.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 4 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #33

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

you guys who think cotto is a threat are way off. the first 2 rounds may will feel him out then he gets systematically broken down. it will go kind of like the ortiz fight with may opening up around the 4th. Cotto has 0 chance. he doesn't have the power or the boxing ability or the speed.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 4 2012, 02:17 PM) *
you guys who think cotto is a threat are way off. the first 2 rounds may will feel him out then he gets systematically broken down. it will go kind of like the ortiz fight with may opening up around the 4th. Cotto has 0 chance. he doesn't have the power or the boxing ability or the speed.

this post illustrates ur serious lack of knowledge when it comes to boxing. ortiz is no where near cotto's level....even at this point in his career.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Apr 4 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #35

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Since my reply is so anticipated, I caught the last few minutes, I was busy watching Baylor go 40-0.

What I did see was nerves coming from Floyd. He was jittery and somewhat taken aback because Miguel was so cool and unfazed at Floyd's antics. When Cotto would talk he would look directly at Max. Cotto was not kissing Floyd's ass acting like he was happy to be there. What I did like about the interview was and for the first time, Floyd actually was out done. Cotto did not give into Floyd's banter and in the end it was Floyd who kept complementing Cotto. He called him a "silent killer" which made Cotto blush. So the mind games has already started and I would reward Cotto with the first point.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Apr 4 2012, 02:27 PM) *
Since my reply is so anticipated, I caught the last few minutes, I was busy watching Baylor go 40-0.

What I did see was nerves coming from Floyd. He was jittery and somewhat taken aback because Miguel was so cool and unfazed at Floyd's antics. When Cotto would talk he would look directly at Max. Cotto was not kissing Floyd's ass acting like he was happy to be there. What I did like about the interview was and for the first time, Floyd actually was out done. Cotto did not give into Floyd's banter and in the end it was Floyd who kept complementing Cotto. He called him a "silent killer" which made Cotto blush. So the mind games has already started and I would reward Cotto with the first point.

good observation.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Apr 4 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #37

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

He could have waited to check the game scores. I usually enjoy face off, but this one kind of irked my nerves. HBO is sucking up to Floyd, letting him run the show.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 4 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

how do you beat a guy who works hard...

by working harder (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

that shit had me rolling on the floor, i mean it actually looked like cotto was thinking hard for that answer...

wow that chair must really be uncomfortable...

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 4 2012, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
dre98
post Apr 4 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #39

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 4 2012, 04:13 PM) *

that shit had me rolling on the floor, i mean it actually looked like cotto was thinking hard for that answer...

Yea that was Top 5. Pure entertainment. I just want to see what Cotto can do because his fight with Shane Mosley was interesting. We all know Mosley is not a pure boxer and he didn't look fast at all.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 4 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #40

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Apr 4 2012, 02:27 PM) *

Correct.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 4 2012, 05:13 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:40 PM