daprofessor
post Apr 4 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 4 2012, 05:13 PM) *
how do you beat a guy who works hard...

by working harder (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

that shit had me rolling on the floor, i mean it actually looked like cotto was thinking hard for that answer...

wow that chair must really be uncomfortable...

the correct answer should have been "by working smarter" but i give cotto a pass because of the language barrier.

he didn't look uncomfortable at all to me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 4 2012, 05:29 PM
Post #42

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Last person Floyd respected this much didnt win a round. He had a lot of respect for Marquez. I think too much is being put into his antics. He loves his ego stroked. Its all comedy to me.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Apr 4 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #43

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2012, 12:41 PM) *
my take on the face-off....

floyd looked nervous and much more respectful than normal. his whole checking on his bet....switching his seat twice...and all of that seemed a little out of character for a guy who is normally cool, calm and collected during these face offs. he also may be trying to disarm cotto by paying him respect with all the compliments. i may be reading a bit much into it...but i think he has way more respect for cotto than any of the opponents he's had in quite some time. i also believe cotto is more dangerous than anyone he's faced since jose luis castillo. this is going to be a fight. cotto's flaws and all...he's going to test mayweather like he hasn't been tested in quite some time.

Floyed wasnt himself... period..

At first I thought, "man, he is really trying to pull some type of reaction out of Cotto, he is really trying to fuck with his head"..

But after he kept going on and on I actually took a different opinion...He looked nervous

Im not saying he is scared by any stretch, but it looks like he doesnt know how to take Cotto. The constant compliments, the look of intent while Cotto was talking.. even the jokes with him and Cotto chiming in and asking about the betting.. I think its all about trying to get some type of reaction from Cotto which he didnt achieve..

Contrary to what most are saying here I am giving Cotto a firm chance in this fight..I think we all to often get lost in the glits and glamour that is Paq and May and build a veil of invincibility around them..

Cotto comes to fight, and plus he can box... though he is out weighed in most areas in this fight, I give him a solid shot against Floyed.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Apr 4 2012, 06:30 PM) *
Floyed wasnt himself... period..

At first I thought, "man, he is really trying to pull some type of reaction out of Cotto, he is really trying to fuck with his head"..

But after he kept going on and on I actually took a different opinion...He looked nervous

Im not saying he is scared by any stretch, but it looks like he doesnt know how to take Cotto. The constant compliments, the look of intent while Cotto was talking.. even the jokes with him and Cotto chiming in and asking about the betting.. I think its all about trying to get some type of reaction from Cotto which he didnt achieve..

Contrary to what most are saying here I am giving Cotto a firm chance in this fight..I think we all to often get lost in the glits and glamour that is Paq and May and build a veil of invincibility around them..

Cotto comes to fight, and plus he can box... though he is out weighed in most areas in this fight, I give him a solid shot against Floyed.

although i think this fight should have happened years ago...i think cotto at one point was being groomed to face mayweather. he faced a serious of fighters that i thought were prepping him. u can never get the kind of preparation u need...but with that in mind, i don't think cotto will have problems dealing with floyds speed or boxing. he has had problems with constant pressure and guys forcing him to fight a very active pace. floyd does neither and he knows that. cotto is a well rounded fighter. he has a very solid trainer in his corner. i'm sure they'll have more than one game plan. i'm eager to see this thing play out. i give him a very firm chance as well.

ppl say mayweather is unbeatable. i've never believed that. everyone is beatable. he and his ppl have just been very good at picking opponents who have some of the ingredients to beat him but fall short in most areas. in comparison to most of those opponents....cotto has way more ingredients. the things he will need to do to beat floyd, he is very capable of doing. i can't wait to see this fight!

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 4 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #45

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

this post illustrates ur serious lack of knowledge when it comes to boxing. ortiz is no where near cotto's level....even at this point in his career.

i never said he was or wasn't. read a post before you go insulting someone's boxing knowledge kid. i said it, meaning the fight, will go like the fight with ortiz. Remember cotto went life and death with clottey.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 4 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I dont believe Floyd was nervous at all...hopefully it was just mind games. Remember guys....if Ricardo Mayorga couldn't get in Miguel's head, then there's no way Floyd does.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 4 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #47

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2012, 08:52 PM) *
I dont believe Floyd was nervous at all...hopefully it was just mind games. Remember guys....if Ricardo Mayorga couldn't get in Miguel's head, then there's no way Floyd does.

That was another 1 of my thoughts. I was like, "Is Floyd really tryin' to get into this dude's head? If Mayorga couldn't do it, it's not possible." I was thinkin' how Mayorga tried every thing in his book to get into Cotto's head, but Cotto never got frustrated and bodied that dude. He kept his composure and handled himself like a Champion. Floyd can frustrate Cotto, but not with antics. He'll frustrate him the same way he frustrated Ortiz and damn near all of his other opponents... with defense and counterin'.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Apr 4 2012, 08:03 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 4 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2012, 01:31 PM) *
allmenjoi on the brain. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Nope, I just felt a hailstorm of idiocy coming last night...guess the weatherman was wrong though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 4 2012, 09:02 PM) *
That was another 1 of my thoughts. I was like, "Is Floyd really tryin' to get into this dude's head? If Mayorga couldn't do it, it's not possible." I was thinkin' how Mayorga tried every thing in his book to get into Cotto's head, but Cotto never got frustrated and bodied that dude. He kept his composure and handled himself like a Champion. Floyd can frustrate Cotto, but not with antics. He'll frustrate him the same way he frustrated Ortiz and damn near all of his other opponents... with defense and counterin'.

My point exactly Box! Im still laughing at your fuckin' Scott Steiner sig man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 4 2012, 08:34 PM) *
i never said he was or wasn't. read a post before you go insulting someone's boxing knowledge kid. i said it, meaning the fight, will go like the fight with ortiz. Remember cotto went life and death with clottey.

cotto went life or death with clottey after he had a war with mosley. how he matches up against any of them has no bearing on how he'll match up with floyd. he's been in 3 relatively easy fights. (he hasn't taken a beating in a while)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2012, 08:52 PM) *

good point, but i actually think mayorga did get to him a little.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:24 PM