> May/Cotto Face-Off
Franchize
post Apr 5 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #71

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Apr 5 2012, 01:52 PM) *
Is anybody keen on a possible Pascal vs Dawson face off? I think it would be funny with that past post fight press conference between Pascal and Dawson.

"Sit down with your tight jeans" LOL!

LMAO I remember that. I think it's safe to say any confrontation with Pascal is going to be hilarious.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post Apr 5 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #72

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

cotto went life or death with clottey after he had a war with mosley. how he matches up against any of them has no bearing on how he'll match up with floyd. he's been in 3 relatively easy fights. (he hasn't taken a beating in a while)

c'mon now mang you are too smart to think that his previous fight with mosley had anything to do with his fight with clottey. Its about styles. Clottey style presented a problem just like may's will. Look i love me some cotto, i think he is the perfect professional. he never complains, he is loyal and he is all business. He never stops trying to improve and i dig how good of a father he is. I have friends in the island who confirmed this to me and that makes me like him even more. that being said, he doesn't have the skill to beat may. He has to catch him with something nasty and follow it up and i don't really see that happening. May is so up on his game that its pathetic.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #73

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Apr 5 2012, 01:52 PM) *
"Sit down with your tight jeans" LOL!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That Face-Off would be pretty good...if Dawson could stop going life & death with his speech impediment....

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #74

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 5 2012, 02:05 PM) *
c'mon now mang you are too smart to think that his previous fight with mosley had anything to do with his fight with clottey. Its about styles. Clottey style presented a problem just like may's will. Look i love me some cotto, i think he is the perfect professional. he never complains, he is loyal and he is all business. He never stops trying to improve and i dig how good of a father he is. I have friends in the island who confirmed this to me and that makes me like him even more. that being said, he doesn't have the skill to beat may. He has to catch him with something nasty and follow it up and i don't really see that happening. May is so up on his game that its pathetic.

u can't deny that tough fight after tough fight takes something out of a fighter. do u think mayweather beat the same mosley that cotto did? do u think that pac beat the same hatton that mayweather did? fight succession can diminish any fighter. it's part of the reason floyd takes his nice vacations and comes back looking brand new. yes, floyd does have plenty of advantages over cotto....but i also recognize that cotto brings things to the table that floyd hasn't had to deal with in a while. i'm not saying it's a guarantee one way or the other. it never is....but i do give cotto a solid chance.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Apr 5 2012, 01:50 PM
Post #75

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2012, 01:17 PM) *
u can't deny that tough fight after tough fight takes something out of a fighter. do u think mayweather beat the same mosley that cotto did? do u think that pac beat the same hatton that mayweather did? fight succession can diminish any fighter. it's part of the reason floyd takes his nice vacations and comes back looking brand new. yes, floyd does have plenty of advantages over cotto....but i also recognize that cotto brings things to the table that floyd hasn't had to deal with in a while. i'm not saying it's a guarantee one way or the other. it never is....but i do give cotto a solid chance.

Bottom line, you can't win anything on paper. Each person has to go out and perform. On paper yes Mayweather looks like the clear favorite but that is only on paper. He has to win in the ring. I love Miguel's confidence and to me that is more dangerous than any other intangible.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Apr 5 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 3 2012, 11:14 PM) *
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!!!!!!

At some point even Pavlov's dog understood the routine. Why fight it.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 5 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #77

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 5 2012, 12:51 PM) *
Even Floyd knows this. He said so himself in a video interview. He said, "I knew Mosley was gon' catch me, 'cause I was pressin' the attack. I knew he was gon' catch me (laughin')."

yep

also i think floyd wants a ko because manny did it in the 12 round.

This post has been edited by Hotsauce: Apr 5 2012, 04:12 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:51 PM) *
Even Floyd knows this. He said so himself in a video interview. He said, "I knew Mosley was gon' catch me, 'cause I was pressin' the attack. I knew he was gon' catch me (laughin')."

difference between mosley and cotto...i think cotto has the heavier hands. i know that's debatable and ppl will point to the margarito fight as proof, but i think cotto softened up margarito for mosley.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Apr 7 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #79

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I think Cotto's demeanor is an advantage. He isn't talking shit, he clearly respects Mayweather and holds no false bravado of what he can or will do. Cotto has a clear, real picture of who mayweather is and what he does in the ring. I think that is a great attitude to have.

Cotto may not win, but he has the right attitude to get an upset in my opinion

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 8 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #80

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

BOOOOOORING!!!

We all know Cotto is not gonna sell a fight. He's made it to where he is by being a victim. Lets be real. The 2nd Margarito fight was sold because of the issues that potentially existed in the first fight. Mayweather is being a bit too respectful to Cotto. I want to hear Mayweather talk shit and do Mayweather stuff. Right now, I have no incentive to buy this fight. Too much respect thrown around, I cant get used to it.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:26 AM