IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So the Chavez vs Lee bout is done for June 16th...
Cshel86
post Apr 10 2012, 08:06 AM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

From what I read on the front page...in the event that Chavez beats Lee in June, Top Rank may possibly pull some more fuckery and bypass Sergio again. It was a rumor that Margarito was supposed to fight in June, but of course it was a rumor.

Instead, he's looking to fight on September15th. He's a TR fighter, Julio's a TR fighter...need I say more? So...let's just hope that Lee actually beats Chavez in June. If not, then there will be more heartbroken Martinez fans, when the BS continues.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Apr 12 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #32

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2012, 09:03 AM) *
Yeah dude does come in at about 180 lbs, which is fuckin' ridiculous. Guys like that, shed all of that weight, just to be a bully in the division (i.e. Brandon Rios).

I agree. This is a loophole in boxing i'd like to see knotted. This same argument could be applied, (hesitates), to vlad and vitali.

At some point someone has to call a spade a spade and acknowledge Chavez isn't a Middleweight.

A few lbs over is fine, but if you surpass your opponent by 10 - 20 lbs...that defeats the entire purpose of weight classes to begin with. The part that irks me most is that rios and chavez both are becoming fan favorites...if their reputation was, as you said, A BULLY then that could add some appeal to their fights. Lets see what little man can stomp out this big ass intruder. I just see their victories as tainted thats all. But instead they're getting rewarded, rising up the ranks and probably getting close to landing big-big fights.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:05 PM