IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> alex ariza article..., on the front page...
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

why give alex a pass on his b.s. comments concerning amir khan and bradley!?

i always knew that the reason bradley passed on the amir khan bout was because he wanted out with gary shaw.

also...amir khans alleged "grow some balls" statement to bradley was kind of weak. he said it in passing....and if u look at the video where he supposedly said it, he didn't say it to his face...he turned away as he said it. again...weak.

ok...so now that bradley got the bigger fish with pac (a fight i'm picking him to win) and khan has to do a redo against a guy he lost to that i thought bradley clearly dominated....it will be clear very shortly that khan will be a step backwards for bradley.

i think the only one's they are fooling is themselves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 4 2012, 09:12 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2012, 09:28 PM) *

i always knew that the reason bradley passed on the amir khan bout was because he wanted out with gary shaw.

also...amir khans alleged "grow some balls" statement to bradley was kind of weak. he said it in passing....and if u look at the video where he supposedly said it, he didn't say it to his face...he turned away as he said it. again...weak.

ok...so now that bradley got the bigger fish with pac (a fight i'm picking him to win) and khan has to do a redo against a guy he lost to that i thought bradley clearly dominated....it will be clear very shortly that khan will be a step backwards for bradley.

i think the only one's they are fooling is themselves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It's all a part of the sport. When a fighter is in your stable, you have to be loyal to that dude, even when it comes to makin' certain comments to the members of the media. The only person I know of that would've kept it all da way real if they were put in that situation, is Robert Garcia. That dude's allergic to bias.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Apr 5 2012, 04:43 AM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2012, 08:28 PM) *

Real talk...

Also, there are a few other mitigating factors that Khan and his team love to not mention in regards to them calling out Timmy. We always hear about how Khan offered a 50/50 split of the UK revenue, which he didn't have to do etc... However, at that time, Khan had had a dispute with the ONLY UK PPV supplier (SKY) over that McCloskey fight he took. He wanted that to be on PPV, SKY refused due to the opponent (no one knew this dude and Khan had originally declared he was fighting Peterson) and offered him a spot on just regular SKY Sports which was obviously a lower pay packet. Khan balked at that offer and left SKY to go with this new Irish outfit Premier Sports. That is who he had a contract with at the time of him calling out Timmy. Now anyone with knowledge of the UK broadcaster scene will tell you that the Premier Sports money is NOTHING like that SKY Sports money. Basically Premier Sport were charging like 15 for a months subscription, Khan's deal meant that he only got revenue from the new subscriptions ordered in the week preceeding and night of his bout. Overall it is just WAAAAY less than Khan would make from a SKY Sports PPV event. So being willing to split that pissy amount of premier sports money he was getting should carry zero weight. Especially when you consider that at that time Timmy had a HBO contract guaranteeing him at least $1.2 mill (i think) for his next fight regardless of the opponent. Not to mention that he was clearly sorting out his contract issue with Shaw, who had apparently tried an "Arum extension" tactic on the Khan fight contract.

Khan is now back with SKY sports, I'm sure he wont offer that 50/50 UK revenue split now.

An alll this "grow some balls" talk needs to stop. When he signed to fight McCloskey, Prescott the guy that fully SPARKED Khan was begging for a rematch. That was a fight that SKY would have been prepared to put on PPV too. For some reason Khan and his team had NO intention of fighting the at the time still undefeated Colombian conqueror and went for the unknown MCloskey after Peterson refused Team Khan's original offer. Now he wants to start gassing about cojones growing?! Really hope Lamont stops him next time out, seriously...

This post has been edited by Slumpage: Apr 5 2012, 04:44 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 5 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I personally think Bradley's thinking is, "If I'm going to risk getting my ass whooped and embarassed, it might as well be for my biggest pay day."

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2012, 10:19 AM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I agree that most of these guys are just showing loyalty to fighters that they work with. Khan now has to eat his words, get his thumb out of his ass, and fight like Amir Khan is supposed to fight...rather than showing off that basic ass Wild Card rubbish in the ring.

10 Step Wild Card Program:
1. You get your ass kicked in a tough fight
2. Run to the Wild Card gym with your tail tucked between your legs
3. Ride Roach, Ariza, and Pacquiao's name to become a star
4. Emulate Pacquiao's fighting style
5. Win a few BS fights
6. Talk as if you want big fights, but keep taking BS fights
7. Delusionally become a big star in order to avoid the guy that cleaned your clock in the past
8. Get your ass kicked by an opponent that you overlooked
9. Silently walk away as the winner of a fight that you know you lost...OR...lose the fight and whine like a biotch for your titles back.
10. Choose to stay in other fighters' business, rather than taking your own seriously....

As for the Bradley/Khan situation...initially, I disagreed with Tim's choice AFTER he started yelling, "Forget Khan, I want Mayweather and Pacquiao". Then I looked at it from a business standpoint. Bradley now has a Pacquiao fight ahead of him, whether he wins or loses, he can always go BACK to Khan.

If he has to go BACK to Khan, then that generally means that Khan is behind him, which is something that's probably hurting Amir's ego a bit. Let's not forget that amateur performance he put on against Lamont, which made his shit look even more questionable. It also further validated Bradley's point, that Khan cant beat him, since he lost to a guy that Timmy already beat.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 5 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Part of me is pissed that Bradley didn't take the Khan fight. I thought it was a cowardly move and Bradley couldnt even say he was the bigger draw. That was until I examied it, as you did Cshel, from a business aspect. Conventional wisdom would suggest that Bradley, with his resume', has no shot at getting Pacquiao. But with Bob Arum, as long as your under that Top Rank label, you ALWAYS have a shot at anyone as long as Bob deems it profitable. In that regards, who am I to begrudge the man the biggest pay day he'll probably ever get in his life? It's kind of how I feel about basketball players leaving early for the pros. Not all of them are ready for sure, but who am I to say some kid, probably out of poverty, should jump at the chance to earn a guaranteed 3 year, multimillion dollar contract.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Apr 5 2012, 05:43 AM) *
Real talk...

Also, there are a few other mitigating factors that Khan and his team love to not mention in regards to them calling out Timmy. We always hear about how Khan offered a 50/50 split of the UK revenue, which he didn't have to do etc... However, at that time, Khan had had a dispute with the ONLY UK PPV supplier (SKY) over that McCloskey fight he took. He wanted that to be on PPV, SKY refused due to the opponent (no one knew this dude and Khan had originally declared he was fighting Peterson) and offered him a spot on just regular SKY Sports which was obviously a lower pay packet. Khan balked at that offer and left SKY to go with this new Irish outfit Premier Sports. That is who he had a contract with at the time of him calling out Timmy. Now anyone with knowledge of the UK broadcaster scene will tell you that the Premier Sports money is NOTHING like that SKY Sports money. Basically Premier Sport were charging like 15 for a months subscription, Khan's deal meant that he only got revenue from the new subscriptions ordered in the week preceeding and night of his bout. Overall it is just WAAAAY less than Khan would make from a SKY Sports PPV event. So being willing to split that pissy amount of premier sports money he was getting should carry zero weight. Especially when you consider that at that time Timmy had a HBO contract guaranteeing him at least $1.2 mill (i think) for his next fight regardless of the opponent. Not to mention that he was clearly sorting out his contract issue with Shaw, who had apparently tried an "Arum extension" tactic on the Khan fight contract.

Khan is now back with SKY sports, I'm sure he wont offer that 50/50 UK revenue split now.

An alll this "grow some balls" talk needs to stop. When he signed to fight McCloskey, Prescott the guy that fully SPARKED Khan was begging for a rematch. That was a fight that SKY would have been prepared to put on PPV too. For some reason Khan and his team had NO intention of fighting the at the time still undefeated Colombian conqueror and went for the unknown MCloskey after Peterson refused Team Khan's original offer. Now he wants to start gassing about cojones growing?! Really hope Lamont stops him next time out, seriously...

didn't know all of this. good shit! thx.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 5 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Apr 5 2012, 05:43 AM) *
Real talk...

I've always wondered why Khan never tried to redeem himself against that guy. I mean, if you really think you're as good as you make yourself out to be, why not spark the dude that sparked you, especially if the fight has potential to be on PPV?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 5 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2012, 12:52 PM) *
Part of me is pissed that Bradley didn't take the Khan fight. I thought it was a cowardly move and Bradley couldnt even say he was the bigger draw. That was until I examied it, as you did Cshel, from a business aspect. Conventional wisdom would suggest that Bradley, with his resume', has no shot at getting Pacquiao. But with Bob Arum, as long as your under that Top Rank label, you ALWAYS have a shot at anyone as long as Bob deems it profitable. In that regards, who am I to begrudge the man the biggest pay day he'll probably ever get in his life? It's kind of how I feel about basketball players leaving early for the pros. Not all of them are ready for sure, but who am I to say some kid, probably out of poverty, should jump at the chance to earn a guaranteed 3 year, multimillion dollar contract.

i would have been extremely happy to see khan/bradley at 140. at the time...bradley had 2pcs of the puzzle and khan was working on his 2nd against judah. it would have been the first time 140 had all titles unified. very historic fight to say the least. there's no doubt that bradley is the better of the 2 imo. he beat the better opposition to get there and he did it in much more convincing fashion. khan is/has always been, very flawed. bradley would take away his strengths...exploit his weaknesses and shut him down. it is a step backwards for him now. he's going to beat pac. he may get the winner of cotto/floyd. let's see what happens.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 5 2012, 09:47 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2012, 01:37 PM) *
i would have been extremely happy to see khan/bradley at 140. at the time...bradley had 2pcs of the puzzle and khan was working on his 2nd against judah. it would have been the first time 140 had all titles unified. very historic fight to say the least. there's no doubt that bradley is the better of the 2 imo. he beat the better opposition to get there and he did it in much more convincing fashion. khan is/has always been, very flawed. bradley would take away his strengths...exploit his weaknesses and shut him down. it is a step backwards for him now. he's going to beat pac. he may get the winner of cotto/floyd. let's see what happens.

At that time...the 140 lb division was struggling....so a Bradley/Khan fight was the best thing to make in the division. I believe we were ALL ready to see those titles be unified, but hey, we're boxing fans...notoriously known for getting the short end of the stick.

Khan is very flawed, but I believe he would've edged Bradley. Im basing this off of his movement, and the significant height and reach advantages over Tim. No doubt, Tim is a pit bull and a bully, but Im not sure how he would've looked against Khan at the time.

Between the two of them...Khan had more to lose. He was being prepped for a Mayweather fight, and all Timmy had were two titles in the division. Im not downplaying Tim's championship status, but a big money fight usually surpasses titles. With that said, Khan would have fought that fight VERY carefully, which probably would've made for a boring fight.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:17 AM